Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2016, 01:18 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You need to read the last sentence of that article.
No I don't. Already read the entire article.

Old 03-04-2016, 01:42 PM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What do you hope to achieve by totally lying about the existing scientific evidence, Eusebius??? It just makes you look ignorant and uneducated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
It's beyond evident that he is.
He is adamant and tenacious, but it is not clear that he is ignorant and uneducated. Eusebius operates under the presumption that His God can do anything, period. This is why he presents some of his absurd rationalizations in defense of the fables he believes must have happened however illogical and counterfactual they are. That is a unique relationship with science and facts, but not necessarily an ignorant and uneducated one. It is a zealous one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
If you read this you will note there is no absolute assuredness that humans interbred with neanderthals:
Ancient DNA and Neanderthals | The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins Program
Besides that, Neanderthals became extinct between 28,000 to 39,000 years ago. Humans were created by God around 6 to 10 thousand years ago. So how could humans have had sex with them?
Science always qualifies its conclusions and allows for uncertainty, Eusebius. That does NOT mean there is any significant doubt. When you read with a bias, your cognitive dissonance causes you to focus on what supports your prejudices and ignore what defeats them.
Quote:
He has already focused on the things he believes support his views, Dew.
Quote:
No I don't. Already read the entire article.
QED.

Old 03-04-2016, 01:48 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
QED.
True. He's made up his mind and facts aren't going to change it. Once someone has decided they are right.... it's fruitless to try and show them they aren't.

Old 03-04-2016, 01:49 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Quote:
Euse promotes in his posts:

Quote:
Approximately 1 to 4% of non-African modern human DNA is shared with Neanderthals.
All righty then. Fascinating. Thanks for posting.

Old 03-06-2016, 07:17 AM

Quote:
True. He's made up his mind and facts aren't going to change it. Once someone has decided they are right.... it's fruitless to try and show them they aren't.
The Neanderthals died off around 30 some thousand years ago. Humans were created by God between 6 and 10 thousand years ago. Therefore, the facts are that it is impossible for humans to have had sex with Neanderthals. Of course I've made up my mind and falsehoods aren't going to change that. You have decided you are right and it is fruitless to try to show you that you are incorrect.

Old 03-06-2016, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Science always qualifies its conclusions and allows for uncertainty, Eusebius. That does NOT mean there is any significant doubt. When you read with a bias, your cognitive dissonance causes you to focus on what supports your prejudices and ignore what defeats them.
QED.
The Bible never prefaces what it states in its historical accounts with uncertainty Mystic. They are historical facts.
No current science defeats the fact that God created humanity in a day, not millions or billions of years.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:46 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
The Neanderthals died off around 30 some thousand years ago. Humans were created by God between 6 and 10 thousand years ago. Therefore, the facts are that it is impossible for humans to have had sex with Neanderthals. Of course I've made up my mind and falsehoods aren't going to change that. You have decided you are right and it is fruitless to try to show you that you are incorrect.
So you think god created neanderthals more than 20,000 years before modern humans? How could that be since you believe the earth and all that it contains was created only 6 to 10 thousand years ago? So tell me where did neanderthals live while they waited for your god to create earth? Your convoluted creation myths are beyond silly.

Old 03-06-2016, 11:20 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So you think god created neanderthals more than 20,000 years before modern humans? How could that be since you believe the earth and all that it contains was created only 6 to 10 thousand years ago? So tell me where did neanderthals live while they waited for your god to create earth? Your convoluted creation myths are beyond silly.
Eusie spins a 2-Earth yarn.

See, first god created earth and there were plants and animals and I guess some Neanderthals, then he had one of his tantrums and destroyed it.

And then he magi-poofed EarthII: The Sequel - The Myth Continues. And THAT's the one where he made the mud man and rib woman 6,000 years ago.

See, it's perfectly Eusielogical*.

* I think I might have coined another one.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:11 PM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
See, first god created earth and there were plants and animals and I guess some Neanderthals, then he had one of his tantrums and destroyed it.
And then he magi-poofed EarthII: The Sequel - The Myth Continues. And THAT's the one where he made the mud man and rib woman 6,000 years ago.

I like it! Another great word creation. I have always parsed Eusebius' posts with an eye to his namesake. The original Eusebius was one of the original "liars for Christ." He publicly avowed that he was justified to lie to promote his preferred beliefs. I have often wondered if our Eusebius was simply carrying on the tradition of his namesake.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:06 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

I am going 100 miles an hour and just an inch away from you! Why I outta!

I think I am fissin to have a tantrum myself kingfish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality