Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2016, 02:50 PM

11,033 posts, read 5,993,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
prove it.
Quote:
No, even your evolutionary scientists who are fossil experts have told us there are no intermediary fossils. You really need to believe your own scientists.
Prove it!

Check mate.

Quote:
A fetus coming from sperm and egg combination is not evolution.
A single cell in a scum pond cannot EVOLVE into a fish which eventually evolves into a lizard which eventually evolves into a chimp which eventually evolves into a human. It just doesn't work that way. All the genetic information in a cell of a fish cannot somehow miraculously increase its genetic information to become a lizard. It just cannot do that. If it can, prove it can but please don't use cartoons, use scientific proof.
The fetus forming from a single cell amply demonstrates how humans (and every other vertebrate) forms from a single cell. In your creation scenario, the fetus would be fully formed with all its parts ready made, just like Adam is supposed to have been formed. And Eve.

By the way, forming Eve 'from the rib of Adam' is not so far fetched. Our scientists can do that too. No big deal. Well, it's a big deal for me - I couldn't do it, but mankind can do it. So, by having your God make Eve from the rib of Man is actually taking away the mythical power you have given him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
In this video evolutionary scientists say on video for the record that there are no transitional fossils. This is a repost I made a month or so ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOQ7V5J0Q-4

Around 3 minutes you will see them for yourselves say for the record that there are no transitional fossils.

At 2:17 Dr. Leo Mickey says there are myriads of transitional fossils but when pressed he reneges on that statement and says "It doesn't leave many transitional forms. So he went from "Myriads of transitional forms" to "not many." And some say there are no transitional forms.
Good Grief!

Can you not detect the obvious lies and misrepresentations? A scale is just a fold in the skin. How can that possible change into a feather? No intermediary feathers ever found? What nonsense!

The archaeopteryx is a true bird, not a reptile? It has a beak already? Look at its tail. That's a modern bird tail? Good Grief!

OK, so if God created the earth and all that's in it including the birds, how do you explain archaeopteryx? Or any fossil?

Old 03-26-2016, 03:52 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,054,665 times
Quote:
I can't answer your question the way you want because humans did not evolve from single-celled organisms.
God created humans from the soil of the earth in a day, not millions of years.
I am not asking you to answer my question in the way I want. I am asking you to explain why we see single celled organisms preceding human beings in the fossil record. I am presenting two facts and asking you to explain them.

You will note that I said nothing about millions of years. I simply said that the fossil record shows one type of organism preceding another.

Old 03-26-2016, 04:08 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,652,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
A Croc Billed Duckapus! Brilliant.

So here we have a duck transitioning into a crocodile.

They asked for proof before their very eyes and there is the proof! No more arguments please!

I wonder what sort of 'quack' it makes?
Oh that reminds me, its time to feed my Jackalope.

Old 03-26-2016, 04:09 PM

Just a small point on 'transitional' or 'intermediary' fossils, one will never find them in a fossil bed because all fossils in that bed will be contemporary. A later bed will show different fossils because creatures will have evolved.

Old 03-26-2016, 06:15 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Just a small point on 'transitional' or 'intermediary' fossils, one will never find them in a fossil bed because all fossils in that bed will be contemporary. A later bed will show different fossils because creatures will have evolved.
Too simple.

Try to dumb it down.

Old 03-26-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Too simple.

Try to dumb it down.
I know.

The truth is these people don't want to know. They only want to find something to deny evolution with. The more hard evidence one gives them the more contorted their denial becomes. Forming Adam out of clay and breathing life into him is not magic. God doesn't use magic. God IS magic!

Old 03-26-2016, 06:42 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
In this video evolutionary scientists say on video for the record that there are no transitional fossils. This is a repost I made a month or so ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOQ7V5J0Q-4

Around 3 minutes you will see them for yourselves say for the record that there are no transitional fossils.

At 2:17 Dr. Leo Mickey says there are myriads of transitional fossils but when pressed he reneges on that statement and says "It doesn't leave many transitional forms. So he went from "Myriads of transitional forms" to "not many." And some say there are no transitional forms.
I recognize this video as one that was soundly debunked. Yet you are still presenting it as evidence. The facts are that there are many transitional forms. Hundreds, in fact. It is also true that this is not many compared to the thousands and thousands of fossils that are considered to be of a relatively stable species with only 'micro' changes. Fossils are rare and transitional ones from a period of rapid change, even rarer.

That is the situation, no matter whether the quote is true or (more likely) a quotemined (out of context) paraphrase of what was said.

Quote:
Good Grief!

Can you not detect the obvious lies and misrepresentations? A scale is just a fold in the skin. How can that possible change into a feather? No intermediary feathers ever found? What nonsense!

The archaeopteryx is a true bird, not a reptile? It has a beak already? Look at its tail. That's a modern bird tail? Good Grief!

OK, so if God created the earth and all that's in it including the birds, how do you explain archaeopteryx? Or any fossil?
For decades, Archeopteryxx was denounced as a hoax. Now the wealth of similar feathered dinosaurs means that they have to try a new ploy - claiming that it is a bird and not a transitional form at all. Even if that new lie held water, it would make no difference to the wealth of feathered dinosaur fossils.

For decades, I was puzzled by the feather. It seemed the best example if I/C. How could something for flight evolve before the creature was flying? The fossils now show that the feather was originally for display (served no purpose,otherwise) and the smaller dinosaurs evidently got a survival advantage out of gliding and the feather (and skeleton) evolved to be more efficient. Eusebius has been told this already (though he just said 'how do you prove it' as though the evidence didn't do so) but just quibbled, ignored and posted the same debunked video.

He really ought to have conceded the overwhelming case for evolution over geological ages rather than the Genesis - literalist view (even if he still insisted that abiogenesis was impossible) but our pal is incapable of admitting that he is wrong about anything, because of something that all these xtremist apologists secretly believe...that they are being inspired with the truth. Even when they change their mind about some aspect of it, or even contradict themselves.

They are a fascinating case study.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 03-26-2016 at 06:58 PM..

Old 03-26-2016, 06:50 PM

The multi-million dollar question is this; Why on earth do creationists need to deny evolution? Why do they need to have creation? What possible difference can it make to their faith?

A transitional living creature has been discovered but it isn't half fish half human (they rejected the half crocodile, half duck even though a photo of it plus a photo of its skeletal remains have been shown), yet they reject it outright saying it hasn't grown three wings. They want evolutionary proof of a three wings transitional bird. Not sure why they want three wings or what that would be transitioning to though.

Old 03-26-2016, 07:11 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
I am not asking you to answer my question in the way I want. I am asking you to explain why we see single celled organisms preceding human beings in the fossil record. I am presenting two facts and asking you to explain them.

You will note that I said nothing about millions of years. I simply said that the fossil record shows one type of organism preceding another.
Yes. The evidence of the evolutionary sequence in superimposed strata is solid evidence of evolution. The only attempt to answer it (better swimmers are higher up) failed utterly and so there is nothing left but to deny stratification (which even creationists accept, but explain it as flood -deposited levels) or avoid the question altogether, as Eusebius does by dragging in the irrelevant objection to evolution from a single cell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality