Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 06:26 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,457,461 times

Advertisements

When something can't be explained ...it is one or the other or all of the above!
(Just saw the movie with Jen Gardener 'Miracles from Heaven'...true story..and read
what a Christian said on another thread about magic...)

Magic is normal to me.
Miracles...well, they are an everyday occurrence
The Supernatural...I rely on more than this silly, unreliable 'natural' world!
Ha!

This place that y'all think is real...hard-core, solid matter is neither...hard nor matter!
What is propping it up to 'look' as if it were real ...now, THAT is what is real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 06:39 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,705,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
When something can't be explained ...it is one or the other or all of the above!
(Just saw the movie with Jen Gardener 'Miracles from Heaven'...true story..and read

Magic is normal to me.
Ha!

This place that y'all think is real...hard-core, solid matter is neither...hard nor matter!
What is propping it up to 'look' as if it were real ...now, THAT is what is real.
Any evidence for all of these assertions? BTW, your special visit by your special God doesn't count since it's not demonstrable or testable.

And.. no there is no difference.

Old 03-24-2016, 06:48 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,632,159 times
supernatural was an old term for unexplained. it can still mean that i guess.

Miracles are when you are well off the bell curve. If its 1/1000000000 in a year it happens 7 times this year.

"magic" is slight of hand.

There is no "outside" of the universe, even a multiverse is one universe. And nothing is "not allowed" by the laws of the universe. Now man, on the other hand, can't read yet. So to speak.

Old 03-25-2016, 04:43 AM

9,699 posts, read 10,056,360 times
Supernatural are beyond the natural, which is the power of God the creator ...... Like wizards and demons work in the natural , as it is the realm of the natural as the familiar spirit tell wizard about thing and the wizard is a foretell things which the demons will do through a person ...Which is basic power , even demon have limited power to harm the flesh of man which he does as the hospital are busy places ....................................Were God is supernatural where He is Omni present , which means He is every were knowing all things , even though He will shut his ears to bad prayers and evil talking he can still hear these and recall everything for judgment ............Then God is omnipotent which means He is all powerful able to do anything ......... Like one example is people being delivered by a dark spirit which cause vibration and convulsions on the body of people , and God reaches in and grabs the unseen spirit and rips him out , where the vibrations and convolutions stop and the person appears normal ......... Then there is people who where obese , and people of God prayed and the overweight on the person disappeared and the clothes where now many time to big ..Glory to God ......Then people with large goiter on the neck and after prayer the goiter disappeared and the neck was normal .. Glory to God .............................See these are supernatural as physical Doctors could never do this which go beyond the science of chemical Doctors of health today

Old 03-25-2016, 04:58 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,617,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Supernatural are beyond the natural, which is the power of God the creator ...... Like wizards and demons work in the natural , as it is the realm of the natural as the familiar spirit tell wizard about thing and the wizard is a foretell things which the demons will do through a person ...Which is basic power , even demon have limited power to harm the flesh of man which he does as the hospital are busy places ....................................Were God is supernatural where He is Omni present , which means He is every were knowing all things , even though He will shut his ears to bad prayers and evil talking he can still hear these and recall everything for judgment ............Then God is omnipotent which means He is all powerful able to do anything ......... Like one example is people being delivered by a dark spirit which cause vibration and convulsions on the body of people , and God reaches in and grabs the unseen spirit and rips him out , where the vibrations and convolutions stop and the person appears normal ......... Then there is people who where obese , and people of God prayed and the overweight on the person disappeared and the clothes where now many time to big ..Glory to God ......Then people with large goiter on the neck and after prayer the goiter disappeared and the neck was normal .. Glory to God .............................See these are supernatural as physical Doctors could never do this which go beyond the science of chemical Doctors of health today
And once, in band camp, a 6 year old girl was just about to get an adult sized penis rammed into her small body and god appeared and said "don't do that". Glory to God .............................

Old 03-25-2016, 05:12 AM

261 posts, read 157,234 times
Quote:

Magic is normal to me.
Ha!

I am sure there is a natural explanation for everything even if science has yet to discover it. I don't think magic, miracles or the supernatural are credible explanations.

Old 03-25-2016, 05:46 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,358,526 times
Quote:

Magic is normal to me.
Ha!

Matter is real, and it really can be hard, at least by our definition of that which is hard. "Matter" and "hard" are just words and words have definitions you see. Matter describes a particular state of energy, and hard describes a particular state OF that energy in relationship to both our senses, and our definition of "matter" and "hard." The fact that matter is mostly empty space does not change the definition of matter or hard. Or the definition of that which is "real." We consider things which can be observed to have consistent physical properties to be "real."

Magic and miracles are the claimed violation of the observed properties of real. Since they cannot actually be observed to occur, they are of a state which we refer to as that which can be imagined, but does not conform to the physical properties we consider to be real.

Phenomenon such as lightning, thunder, earthquakes, etc., were once considered to be supernatural in nature. We have since discovered however that they are the natural product of energy interacting with itself. According to our best observation, things which happen do so for natural reasons according to the principles of quantum mechanics. Again, no actual magic or miracles are observed to occur at all.

Last edited by Tired of the Nonsense; 03-25-2016 at 05:54 AM..

Old 03-25-2016, 08:43 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,580,892 times
Quote:

Magic is normal to me.
Ha!

For me as a Pagan, Magick is communication between nature & man nothing else. And as a Pagan I myself believe in the natural not the supernatural. I've never seen a real miracle before I'm betting no one else has either, no one gets healed or walks again that's life & it can suck at times but that's the reality of it.

Old 03-28-2016, 10:43 AM

18,524 posts, read 9,204,671 times
"The supernatural is the natural which is not yet understood."

Bad but pervasive logic: We don't understand X, therefore it's God/magic/supernatural.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:07 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,672,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
"The supernatural is the natural which is not yet understood."

Bad but pervasive logic: We don't understand X, therefore it's God/magic/supernatural.
This is why ancient superstitions continue to be believed by certain groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality