Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2016, 08:50 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
If you can pull you head out of your rear end for long enough to read my post to southernbored then please do so. It will save me from having to repeat myself.

As for dirtbag. Waste of human skin. NO rational person would make comments like this. You sound rather dangerous.
Your response to southernbored has destroyed any thought I had that you have any empathy for young girls that are raped or sexually abused. You are clear in blaming the girls, and give your son a completed pass. You, sir, are disgusting. You defend a dirtbag, and a waste of human skin.

Let me repeat that. You keep defending a dirtbag and as waste of human skin. It almost appears that there is something in your past which would drive you to do so.

If you are not getting help, you may want to consider that, but of course, like anything else, you would first have to recognize that you have an problem. I would guess you feel there is nothing wrong with your perspectives, but everyone else's.

We are done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 08:52 PM

6,795 posts, read 2,905,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
A bit of trivia about Thomas Hopper.... He has served less than a year of his adult life as a free man.
Because he was young at the time ...he served 10 years in prison ...and he's STILL young.

You see how everything adds up when the brain kicks in?

I recommend you take advice from this old saying ..."feet for dancing, head for thinking" ...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
As John Coffey (Green Mile) would say "He's a bad, bad man."
Perhaps he is. I personally don't know the man. Maybe you're not that great. I don't know you either. Meanwhile, why don't you sift through the web and see what other trivia you can bring up against this man to further let this us know what a bad, bad man he is ...?

Old 04-22-2016, 09:52 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Your response to southernbored has destroyed any thought I had that you have any empathy for young girls that are raped or sexually abused. You are clear in blaming the girls, and give your son a completed pass. You, sir, are disgusting. You defend a dirtbag, and a waste of human skin.

Let me repeat that. You keep defending a dirtbag and as waste of human skin. It almost appears that there is something in your past which would drive you to do so.

If you are not getting help, you may want to consider that, but of course, like anything else, you would first have to recognize that you have an problem. I would guess you feel there is nothing wrong with your perspectives, but everyone else's.

We are done.
Pathetic.

Hollow.

Fooling no one.

Last edited by TroutDude; 04-22-2016 at 09:53 PM.. Reason: ETA: To remove the word "Sad."

Old 04-22-2016, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post

We are done.
Your words run off of me like water off a duck's back, cupper. I'm not you. I have no desire to be like you. You come across as as a harsh and a bitter man who is being eaten away by hatred. This can't be good for you but that isn't my concern. Am I 'being insensitive' again saying that this is no concern of mine? I've come across only one or two people like you in my lifetime and they were not the kinds of people that I would want to be around for too long or to let my kids be around, period. Such an attitude must become obvious to those around you.

That said, I don't care if I lose respect on this forum, assuming that I had respect to begin with. Actually, that's a lie. I DO care. But I can't allow it to bother me as long as I can hold my head up and stick by my principles, no matter what.

My principles?
Don't hate. Nothing can be gained by hating. Difficult? To be sure, at times.
Give people the benefit of the doubt when they say that they've changed.
Give them a chance to demonstrate this.

You, cupper, and a few of the other posters, remind me of some of the 'femi-nazi' women teachers (a popular uni term for them) at the university I attended. They came across as bitter and twisted women who REALLY DID appear to be men-haters. To them, women were ALWAYS the victims no matter what the situation. Even 'female pedophiles' had excuses made for them that males never had. And, they passed on this 'curriculum' to their students who either took it on board or rejected it. All one has to do to see the inequalities between men and women offenders is in the sentencing handed down by the judicial system. The sentences handed down to women are far less harsh than sentences handed down to men for the same or similar offense. Why is this?

The facts. Some girls today are little more than tramps. There. I said it. Because it's true. This does not mean that they're not redeemable and will not change for the better in the future. Many of them probably will as they mature. But, they're little more than tramps now. Am I wrong? Why are we so afraid to refer to their behavior in this manner while having no hesitation of calling out males for similar behavior? No, this does not mean they can be raped. I'm stating the obvious. And, if there is any intelligent life on this thread they will know that NO ONE IS CONDONING RAPE!

But, realistically speaking, the pastor IS right about it 'taking two to tango' in many cases. Ooooh, I can see right now the anger that I just aroused in some on the thread! But, it's true, regardless. Many rape cases involve girls who willingly offered themselves for sex. And, the stupid male whose brains are located in his genitals had to take the full brunt of the incident when a charge was laid ...whatever the reason for that charge having being made. Hoppers 'victim', so I've read, claims that she loved him and wanted to be with him. Does this make sense to you, cupper, since you are springing to her defense? Can you honestly not see the realism of actual life situations that are contained in my posts?

By the way, "I" don't hate women. My mother was one and I kinda like her. So are my sisters and I kinda like them too ...sometimes.

As for you being done. We should all probably be done. There's nothing more to be gained here except for continued spouting of hatred. I can honestly say that, probably for the first time, I've been affected by this topic, even when away from the forum, by the sheer ugliness displayed on this thread. As I said before ...good one, cupper. Spreading hatred appears to gain much more support than does . . .well, I don't want to get religious . . .

Old 04-22-2016, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Well, what you say above certainly sounds official but it does not tally with the information that I have.
Thanks for the info; however, this still does not tally with what the official from the Kentucky Sex Offender Register is reported to have said. Regardless of the statutes, one's offense/s still might be based on a case-by-case' basis. And, if it is, then Hopper is clearly considered to be 'low risk'.

If so, then what the hell is this thread all about?

Old 04-22-2016, 11:54 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Pathetic.

Hollow.

Fooling no one.
Not trying to fool anyone. I'm sorry you don't have that empathy for the preyed upon young girls.

Old 04-23-2016, 01:19 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,891,708 times
Quote:

As for dirtbag. Waste of human skin. NO rational person would make comments like this. You sound rather dangerous.
A rational person also wouldn't rape a 13-year-old at knife-point.

Romulus, the only one that's 'frothing at the mouth' (as you put it) is you; you've been quite vocal with your verbal assaults, and frankly, it's not necessary. You ask that we don't patronize you? Fine.

Don't attack us for stating our opinion.

Old 04-23-2016, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
A rational person also wouldn't rape a 13-year-old at knife-point.
Perhaps it wasn't rape after all. Then again, perhaps it was. And, he served ten years in prison for it. That's an awfully long time. He's now a free man with, by all accounts, minimal restrictions placed on him. All I know is that I can't judge the man. If I was to meet him we might have little in common. Or, we might hit it off and get along fine. Whether we did get along fine or not, you can BET that I would stand by him given his present status and defend him every day of the week and twice on Sunday from the likes of cupper and his recently acquired 'fan base'!

Quote:
[/i]Romulus, the only one that's 'frothing at the mouth' (as you put it) is you; you've been quite vocal with your verbal assaults, and frankly, it's not necessary. You ask that we don't patronize you? Fine.
Yes, I must confess ...I got carried away at times. I can't imagine why. Perhaps it has something to do with encountering people that were so easily reduced to the level of an an ugly lynch mob, motivated by some cheap, tabloid report that will be forgotten as quickly as it appeared.

Actually. I did pretty well, all considering. I've been called 'sick', a rapist-lover, as well as having endured attempts to besmirch my character by those that don't even know me. What we've seen here is a prime example of tribal mentality and just imagine had we been in a real life situation rather than a forum setting. Yes, you'll actually never know how close I came to losing my cool all together. But I managed to restrain myself fairly well.

Quote:
Don't attack us for stating our opinion.
What an odd thing to say to someone who was attempting to prevent attacks from those who had no qualms at expressing their ugly opinions.

Old 04-23-2016, 04:09 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Perhaps it wasn't rape after all. Then again, perhaps it was. And, he served ten years in prison for it. That's an awfully long time. He's now a free man with, by all accounts, minimal restrictions placed on him. All I know is that I can't judge the man. If I was to meet him we might have little in common. Or, we might hit it off and get along fine. Whether we did get along fine or not, you can BET that I would stand by him given his present status and defend him every day of the week and twice on Sunday from the likes of cupper and his recently acquired 'fan base'!

Yes, I must confess ...I got carried away at times. I can't imagine why. Perhaps it has something to do with encountering people that were so easily reduced to the level of an an ugly lynch mob, motivated by some cheap, tabloid report that will be forgotten as quickly as it appeared.

Actually. I did pretty well, all considering. I've been called 'sick', a rapist-lover, as well as having endured attempts to besmirch my character by those that don't even know me. What we've seen here is a prime example of tribal mentality and just imagine had we been in a real life situation rather than a forum setting. Yes, you'll actually never know how close I came to losing my cool all together. But I managed to restrain myself fairly well.

What an odd thing to say to someone who was attempting to prevent attacks from those who had no qualms at expressing their ugly opinions.
YOU HAVE "SEX" WITH A 13 YEAR OLD AND IT IS RAPE--NO IF, ANDS or BUTS..

IT IS RAPE. THE PERSON IS A PAPIST. THE PERSON IS SCUM. THE PERSON HAS CAUSED A CHILD TO SUFFER__IT IS BETTER A MILL-STONE BE TIED TO HIS NECK THAN I GET A CHANCE TO INFLICT JUSTICE...

You are allowed to "love" whom ever you want--But you or no one else is entitled to bring a convicted rapist into a day care or other places children and the those who may be spiritually vulnerable gather...

Old 04-23-2016, 06:10 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:

This is exactly what they have done to me and then they claim that I'm the problem. I'm the only one who gets and deserves being attacked. I'm the common denominator. Just shows their level of dishonesty. Sad that people here can't learn to disagree in a civil fashion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality