Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2016, 06:22 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
You heard me. So far any and all information that "I" have so far read online is vague about pretty much everything to do with the case. We're told that "Hopper was convicted of rape and sodomy of a 13 year-old girl in the early 1990s, followed by multiple criminal convictions in the early 2000s." "I" haven't even seen any reference to Hopper's age at the time of the offense/s. So, YES, "I" would like to know MORE about a case that has 'the lynch mob' on this thread pretty much frothing at the mouth!
Okay, so for you, everything is hearsay until you have the court transcripts, huh? The fact that he was found guilty, and unable to dtay out of jail since then means nothing to you. Got it....

Quote:
Oh yes, please keep it very simple so that I can keep up . . .

Don't even think to patronize me! Okay?
Well, that isn't how I meant it, but by all means, keep up your "mean atheist persecuted Christian" BS. Jeff will be proud.

Quote:
Well, I've been jumped on enough so far by those on this thread whose emotions rule their brains so I guess it won't hurt to be jumped on again.

You are "being jumped on" because you think the convicted rapist should be treated better than the victim. You are "being jumped on" because you show an obvious lack of empathy for his 13 year old victim. You are "being jumped on" for the ignorance and nonsense you are spewing forth.

Quote:
Twenty-some years ago I had the misfortune to reside for several months with my young son in what is known here (Australia) as a Caravan Park ...Trailer Park to U.S. residents. Living there was a real eye-opener for me. All or most of the residents were people and families of lower socioeconomic status. My son was then a handsome 16 year-old. Young girls in the park were drawn to him and it became very evident to me that at least some of these girls (13 years-old and upwards) had the morals of alley cats. Some of these girls looked and acted much older than their actual age. On several occasions, I was fortunate to have been around to be able to nip some potential sexual incidents in the bud. I really disliked these 'loose' girls as they were nothing but ....teasers. I knew that, had anything happened (and I'm not sure that nothing did happen), my son would have been held totally accountable. Why? Because that's the way society has been programmed. Girls and females in general can pretty much get away with anything. And, they KNOW this!

So, yes ...Mr. southernbored, I WOULD like the facts. Is that okay with you?
Oh, so because you knew some trailer trash girls in Australia, who according to you were just loose little whores, that means this 13 year old girl could have been asking to be raped? What is your point exactly?

We all know young kids who have crappy lives that act out in varying ways. Last I checked though, I have never heard of a 13 year old girl asking to be raped with a razor at her throat.

Are you sure you aren't a sex offender? You sure come across as someone who has been on the wrong side of law and is bitter about it.

Quote:
Yes, so you and the tabloid media keep saying. I want the court transcripts. If this did occur, was Hopper just joking around with the razor knife rather than actual threatening this girl ... a girl (despite her chronological age) who may have voluntarily been a part of the initial sex act? Have you seen some 13 year-old girls today? Do they look 13? Did Hopper know that she was 13? Did the girl tell Hopper that she was 13? Was the girl (regardless of her chronological age) a willing participant in the sex act?

See, I'm not like you, southernbored. I'm more interested in the facts rather than relying on sensationalist stories from cheap media tabloid programs, most or all of which are more concerned about what the pastor said anyway. I acquired a university degree by studying FACTS before arriving at decisions and handing in assignments. Savvy?
Wow.

So you think he could have been "playing" around with the razor? That a 13 year old girl was down for some rape fantasy stuff, huh?

Well, hate to break it to you bud, but unless he was within 2-3 years of her age, he was breaking the law even without the knife. Even without the knife, this guy would have, at the very least, been taking advantage of a 13 year old girl.

Quote:
Bzzzzz . . .FAIL! I've seen little evidence on this thread that suggests that people are coming across as normal and rational. Quite the contrary, Mr. southernbored!!
Yea, we see that everytime you post. Taking up for rapists and pastors simply because you are similar in beliefs. You are no better than Jeff.

Quote:
Oh wow ...stalking! Perhaps you're not smart enough to realize that once a guy is a marked man just about everything he does is considered a crime. And no, I'm not 'defending' this man as such. I'm just not seeing these 'additional crimes' as being much more than mountains from molehills that are being plied against the man to appear to give him even more 'criminal status'.
Now you are minimizing stalking as well, huh? So you now believe that this guy was just being picked on because of his past?

You speak just like someone who has been arrested for a crime and then blames everyone else when they get in trouble again. Have you been convicted of a crime, Romu? Otherwise, how could you possibly think that this guy is a victim?

Quote:
Are YOU a good guy? How do we know this? Maybe you are in real life. But, you don't come across to me as being a good guy. You come across as harsh and judgmental. You come across as being sarcastic and demeaning toward those who don't agree with you. And, while not necessarily anything to do with being 'a good guy' ...you come across as being gullible ...believing the tabloids rather than the actual facts. You come across as having a closed mind ...sort of like those Christian fundamentalist we often talk about on the forum. In fact, it's rather interesting to note that some of those who criticize these Christian 'fundies' show similar traits themselves. Just an observation . . .

This is rich coming from a religious guy. I am gullible? I see the guy's sex offender registry page. I see where he was arrested for stalking, and I am the gullible one?

Am I a good guy? According to the people I know and love, yea. That's all that matters to me bub. A random poster on the internet who thinks of rapists as victims, and thinks 13 year old girls are asking to be raped has little priority.

I will voice my displeasure at your ignorance. Don't like it? Then stop defending rapists and blaming victims.

Quote:
Refer to what I said in the previous paragraph. You just made my point.
No, you just made our point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 08:58 AM

6,797 posts, read 2,911,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
IT IS RAPE. THE PERSON IS A PAPIST. THE PERSON IS SCUM. THE PERSON HAS CAUSED A CHILD TO SUFFER__IT IS BETTER A MILL-STONE BE TIED TO HIS NECK THAN I GET A CHANCE TO INFLICT JUSTICE...
FEEL BETTER . . .???

Justice has already been served. Ten years. And, since it has, this man is now free and has only relatively minor restrictions placed on him. He has apparently been accepted by the majority of the church congregation to which he belongs. They evidently find him to be a good man, certainly not the 'scum' that you call him in your murderous rant. And, that's ALL that matters. I'm sure that he and they don't give a damn about what YOU think just as long as you're a safe distance away where you can't cause any harm. Your threat to murder the man has been noted.

Old 04-23-2016, 09:37 AM

6,797 posts, read 2,911,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Okay, so for you, everything is hearsay until you have the court transcripts, huh? The fact that he was found guilty, and unable to dtay out of jail since then means nothing to you. Got it....

Well, that isn't how I meant it, but by all means, keep up your "mean atheist persecuted Christian" BS. Jeff will be proud.

You are "being jumped on" because you think the convicted rapist should be treated better than the victim. You are "being jumped on" because you show an obvious lack of empathy for his 13 year old victim. You are "being jumped on" for the ignorance and nonsense you are spewing forth.

Oh, so because you knew some trailer trash girls in Australia, who according to you were just loose little whores, that means this 13 year old girl could have been asking to be raped? What is your point exactly?

We all know young kids who have crappy lives that act out in varying ways. Last I checked though, I have never heard of a 13 year old girl asking to be raped with a razor at her throat.

Are you sure you aren't a sex offender? You sure come across as someone who has been on the wrong side of law and is bitter about it.

Wow.

So you think he could have been "playing" around with the razor? That a 13 year old girl was down for some rape fantasy stuff, huh?

Well, hate to break it to you bud, but unless he was within 2-3 years of her age, he was breaking the law even without the knife. Even without the knife, this guy would have, at the very least, been taking advantage of a 13 year old girl.

Yea, we see that everytime you post. Taking up for rapists and pastors simply because you are similar in beliefs. You are no better than Jeff.

Now you are minimizing stalking as well, huh? So you now believe that this guy was just being picked on because of his past?

You speak just like someone who has been arrested for a crime and then blames everyone else when they get in trouble again. Have you been convicted of a crime, Romu? Otherwise, how could you possibly think that this guy is a victim?

This is rich coming from a religious guy. I am gullible? I see the guy's sex offender registry page. I see where he was arrested for stalking, and I am the gullible one?

Am I a good guy? According to the people I know and love, yea. That's all that matters to me bub. A random poster on the internet who thinks of rapists as victims, and thinks 13 year old girls are asking to be raped has little priority.

I will voice my displeasure at your ignorance. Don't like it? Then stop defending rapists and blaming victims.

Irrelevant from start to finish. The man is free. He is accepted by the congregation of the church he belongs to. And, that's all you need to know. Whatever he and they choose to do is none of your business. Comprende?

Old 04-23-2016, 10:20 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:

He doesn't get it. He empathizes with the rapist, not the innocent victim.

Quote:
This keeps coming through again and again, doesn't it? We know all inmates are really innocent, don't we, at least according to them.

Quote:

Yes, again, he speaks as if from experience on the wrong side of the law, and in particular, as one who has way too much empathy for Hopper, the rapist. And gets more vociferous in defense of the rapist with each post, as if there was a personal connection of some sort.

Quote:
This. In spades.

Old 04-23-2016, 04:56 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,263,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
MORE people are adopting a Religious mindset than are losing it.
Not true!

The World's Newest Major Religion: No Religion

Old 04-24-2016, 07:39 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
He doesn't get it. He empathizes with the rapist, not the innocent victim.

This keeps coming through again and again, doesn't it? We know all inmates are really innocent, don't we, at least according to them.

Yes, again, he speaks as if from experience on the wrong side of the law, and in particular, as one who has way too much empathy for Hopper, the rapist. And gets more vociferous in defense of the rapist with each post, as if there was a personal connection of some sort.

This. In spades.
Yea, I hate to break it to Rom, but just because you are now free, doesn't mean you are suddenly some innocent little lamb.

He is free to empathize with the convicted rapist if he wants, but it just shows how.... "off" he is. I have never met a single person who so vehemently defends rapists. It makes one wonder, why? Only reason I can possibly think of, is that either himself, or his son he spoke of, is a sex offender. Are they? I don't know, but he sure makes me wonder.

There most certainly seems to be a personal connection for Rom. Maybe he can shed some light, instead of either A) running from it, or B) doubling down on the nonsense.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:15 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Irrelevant from start to finish. The man is free. He is accepted by the congregation of the church he belongs to. And, that's all you need to know. Whatever he and they choose to do is none of your business. Comprende?
And this is all you, or anyone else who believes in your sky fairies, needs to know:

Old 04-24-2016, 10:32 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times

Old 04-24-2016, 11:10 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Why don't you post his full comments instead of the two to tango bit? Of course not because he doesn't look that bad in full context which is this:

"This is a situation if that girl chooses.... It takes two to tango, Ok If that girl chooses to sleep with him, she is just as guilty as he is". Now does that sound like rape to you? Either pastor is talking about someone else or rape never occurred here. It's not rape if a girl chooses to have sex.
At 13 years old with an adult man it is rape regardless of if the girl was willing to have sex or not. I would like to know what the full words of the pastor was as well. Do you have access to them, please provide a link?

There is nothing wrong with hiring a convicted rapist however he is on the life time registered sex offender list, that can not be ignored and any trust of him should include that condition. You never did answer if you would say the same for s person who claimed he changed but was an atheist, hidu, muslim or Sikh?

Old 04-24-2016, 11:31 AM

20,013 posts, read 13,491,416 times
Quote:
Yea, I hate to break it to Rom, but just because you are now free, doesn't mean you are suddenly some innocent little lamb.
Society has obviously decided that it can't risk giving pederasts second chances. I think that is reasonable. If I had had my way sexually with a minor at some point in my life, and was a registered sex offender, I really wouldn't expect a free pass. There are things you can do to utterly and permanently ruin your life. That a sex offender gets to live in society at all is more than they deserve.

Rom has stated he was abused in some way as a child and has "moved beyond" it. In his mind this means moving beyond holding grudges or seeking justice. He sees the expectations I've outlined above, I think, as unforgiving and putative to no good purpose.

But if society is going to adequately protect children it has to draw lines somewhere and those lines should err in favor of keeping children safe. That trumps the needs of offenders for absolution, and it even trumps the needs of victims to make light of their victimization. Rom reminds me a bit of Richard Dawkins talking about his childhood experience of "mild rape". It is, and should be, cringeworthy to make such statements. It is and should be cringeworthy for people in leadership to put former offenders in positions of power and authority. Sexual molestation of minors is not the same as getting a parking ticket or being a burglar. It is a breakdown of healthy personal boundaries that creates havoc in society. Once that Rubicon has been crossed by a person, their integrity and judgment are rightly questioned thereafter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality