Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 02:17 PM

20,007 posts, read 13,491,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
As I've said, yes, I am a Christian, but I am not Christ. I am just human, and to deny how I feel would be a lie, to myself and to God. My heart would still be full of these feelings, even if my mouth were saying that I reject them. God know what's in our hearts. The...individual..who is the object of these feelings, is reaping what he sowed, and being played the wages of his transgressions. At the moment, for those he committed against society ( he was also a repeat and multiple offender) and soon enough, will have to answer to God.

I don't really see any novelty in how I choose to feel here. I don't even think about what his eternal fate might be. That is , in no way, mine to even think about. His fate, here on Earth, was not decided by me either, though some aspects of that fate do meet with my approval. He tried to tackle prey, that refused to be food. Now, he lives out his days with the consequences. Once NV is done with him (he will die in prison here, I've no doubt of that) CA has a claim on him, but they seem willing enough to let him rot and die here.

The "pastor" and rapist at subject here, also have debt to man, and God. As the system is designed, man gets them first. God awaits. He has time.
When I affirmed you for honesty, I was not being facetious. I would rather engage with a believer who owns their feelings honestly rather than one who simply outwardly conforms to an ideal. In addition I would prefer to engage with a believer who does not pretend to be some sort of sanctified transformed bundle of moral perfection. So there was no judgment there, even if I wouldn't personally advise harboring the intense emotion you seem to for any length of time -- but then again no one has ever really set upon me or mine and tried to deprive us of life, limb or property, either.

There is no hypocrisy in your feelings or position, and that's a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 05:35 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
When I affirmed you for honesty, I was not being facetious. I would rather engage with a believer who owns their feelings honestly rather than one who simply outwardly conforms to an ideal. In addition I would prefer to engage with a believer who does not pretend to be some sort of sanctified transformed bundle of moral perfection. So there was no judgment there, even if I wouldn't personally advise harboring the intense emotion you seem to for any length of time -- but then again no one has ever really set upon me or mine and tried to deprive us of life, limb or property, either.

There is no hypocrisy in your feelings or position, and that's a good thing.
Oh, I wasn't offended by your post. Merely clarifying things. As to how I look at things. The intense emotion I have isn't eating at me the way it was initially. I've no time to let things fester. My lady needed me then, and still does, and I need to live in the World for both our sakes. The ball of emotion is pretty well contained, truthfully. Things get to bothering me, I have a place to put them. I need her as much as she needs me, and we keep each other going. Makes life worth living.

The poor girl from the story, I just pray her family and friends are being there for her. From my my experiences, I'm sure she's been inundated with therapists, counselors, ( none of who really know how she feels) telling her how to cope, the interviews with the police ( which can be a trauma themselves) medical examinations, court testimony ...oh man. Her life is a mess right now. What the creep did to her deserves a ...harsh...outcome for the perp, and she and those who love her deserve justice. The "pastor" needs run out of town , on a rail, wearing tar and feathers.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:38 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
Then there is people who do not forgive others , as spiritual there are the devils of cancer sickness that are attracted to people who hate and will not forgive and are divisive , so forgiveness of others is a good thing , still there are many liberals who reject hatred of racism, and groups of people who are sexually diverse , but still liberal also hate and offend people and caste out people who have a criminal record which is a hypocrisy

Old 05-03-2016, 06:52 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Then there is people who do not forgive others , as spiritual there are the devils of cancer sickness that are attracted to people who hate and will not forgive and are divisive , so forgiveness of others is a good thing , still there are many liberals who reject hatred of racism, and groups of people who are sexually diverse , but still liberal also hate and offend people and caste out people who have a criminal record which is a hypocrisy
That's not true. Not just one type of person "doesn't forgive" and it's possible to be unable to forgive, say, one specific person for something very personal and hurtful yet be able to forgive others, hence not to be walking around as some twisted spiritual cancer on a day to day basis.

That's a pretty sweeping generalization and it isn't necessarily accurate. No two people have exactly the same situation, responses or characteristics even having had the same experiences.

I feel "forgive EVERYBODY" can be dangerous safeguard for predators or supporters of predators and here you're upping the ante to threatening status by equating such people to spiritual cancers and shaming them horrifically in this way. I mean that's terrible. If it takes this degree of manipulation to force people to believe then perhaps you can begin to see why some of us don't. Some of us see the control behind similar truisms and it's pretty clear that if these came from anyone, it sure wasn't God.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:03 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
That's not true. Not just one type of person "doesn't forgive" and it's possible to be unable to forgive, say, one specific person for something very personal and hurtful yet be able to forgive others, hence not to be walking around as some twisted spiritual cancer on a day to day basis.

That's a pretty sweeping generalization and it isn't necessarily accurate. No two people have exactly the same situation, responses or characteristics even having had the same experiences.

I feel "forgive EVERYBODY" can be dangerous safeguard for predators or supporters of predators and here you're upping the ante to threatening status by equating such people to spiritual cancers and shaming them horrifically in this way. I mean that's terrible. If it takes this degree of manipulation to force people to believe then perhaps you can begin to see why some of us don't. Some of us see the control behind similar truisms and it's pretty clear that if these came from anyone, it sure wasn't God.
Indeed and +1 to this.^^…"Spiritual cancer"? What a …lofty...assessment. He would judge people who are actually honest about their humanity, with themselves and with God, claim moral high ground against them and the call them hypocritical. That's special. Well, I don't, personally, feel any shame from those statements. I have a hard time believing any of that preaching is actually being practiced. We are all but human, when it boils down. Claiming to be any better than that is a lie.

I have up lieing to myself , a long time ago. By becoming a Christian, I make no clan.s to have donned some magic mantra that puts me above being human. As you say, forgiveness for EVERYTHING, is dangerous. Some things I can't forgive someone for, and I won't. No, some folks need to reexamine their outlook. To scorify others like that, seems a tad...unforgiving, doesn't it. Hypocrites! Yes indeed as pot meets kettle...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality