Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 04:45 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
I dabbled into the occult before I accepted Christ , and got my house haunted , where it shocked me, and Jesus was the answer , as demons now existed and I knew that Jesus delivered demons in the bible ....... So I ran to Jesus , and then to the Christian church were I accepted Jesus Christ ....... Later Jesus cleansed my house and my life of these world spirits ...................I thing the Lord show here was people need to have a conviction of their sin before they would turn to Jesus , as Jesus is the answer , which people need to know , and Jesus is here and can hear people and can hear all our righteous prayers , as He never will hear unrighteous prayers ............Then there is a lot of un-forgiveness against God and the Church of Jesus , which people need to forgive even the stories in the bible
I heard this same story but about wicked Jin (genies) from a Muslim, and how their reliance on Allah chased off the bad spirits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 12:03 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I've had thousands of exposures and I don't accept Christ.

I guess, like with mosquito bites, I built an immunity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You also have no excuse on Judgement Day.
Also as in along side of you?

Old 04-29-2016, 12:06 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Finch View Post
It generally takes about five exposures to the Gospel message before a person accepts Christ; this is most easily done in what context?
When given the choice of either this, or another notch-click on the rack?

Am I close?

Old 04-29-2016, 12:21 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,812,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Finch View Post
It generally takes about five exposures to the Gospel message before a person accepts Christ; this is most easily done in what context?
So it generally takes about five exposures before one is afflicted?

Sounds like you're describing a disease, such as ebloa or herpes or flesh-eating bacteria.

I have no further comment...

Old 04-29-2016, 12:57 PM

1,166 posts, read 755,214 times
Quote:
You also have no excuse on Judgement Day.

WTF, lighten up on the fire and brimstone in this forum. If you want to preach, go into the Christianity subforum instead.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:58 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Won't need one.
That's ok, you are just fullfilling Bible prophecy:

"Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. "

2 Peter 3:3-4

Thank you for providing even more evidence that God's Word is true.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:59 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
WTF, lighten up on the fire and brimstone in this forum. If you want to preach, go into the Christianity subforum instead.
Are you going to stop sharing your opinion?

Old 04-29-2016, 02:43 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

"Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. "

No, no jeffy. Thank YOU for continuing your mission of illustrating the nonsense of fundamentalism.

Old 04-29-2016, 02:52 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

Look, Jeff...and I know I'm so very often a smartalec but I am NOT trying to be this time...I just want to say...I mean come on...what does this really say to you?

"Here's the truth! Here's the law! And you know what? If people tell you we're wrong then THEY'RE LYING, don't listen! In fact, all that will mean is that OUR big prediction IS coming true!"

Uh...

I don't know. It sounds to me like they knew in advance how silly this was all going to sound, that holes were probably going to be found so the finding of these holes was stated as some sort of "prophecy." But what kind of a prophecy is it that people are going to scoff at the improbable? I don't think it was a stretch for anyone to guess that telling people a man died, came back to life and is now "eternally alive" but invisible but yeah...he's seriously alive, floated up into the sky, and infiltrates people in a supernatural way, and will eventually come back down still bodily intact after thousands of years...were going to scoff.

(And BTW, there has ALWAYS been scoffing, correct? If scoffing is a prediction of the final days then the final days have been coming for a loooooooooooooooong time. And slowly...)

If I created a religion right this minute based on the Easter Bunny and said "Beware! Ye will know the end of the world when scoffers try to tell you there IS no Easter Bunny" and then people tell you "there's no Easter Bunny" are you going to stop dead in your tracks and go "OMG...that proves there is an Easter Bunny, because his prophets KNEW somebody was going to laugh about this"?

It sounds to me like they were preemptively striking there. Any new religion will face opposition (even older ones do)...it's no "prophecy" to say some will scoff. Do you or do you not scoff at the idea of Thor?

As for predicting there will be lust...OMG I...can't even. Come on! When the heck has there ever NOT been lust...I just...oh gosh, I'm not going to touch that one. But really. We SURVIVE based on lust, if every human and every animal wasn't pretty much driven to go have sex we'd all die out, that's not a prediction, that's life on earth!

I mean look, maybe it's 100% correct and I'm all wrong, that's totally possible, I will NEVER discount that. I am no psychic and I'm surely not a god. BUT predictions like this...I mean...yes, you believe it, and that's fine, but trying to convince others it's true? Don't feel frustrated when we don't, we are just being logical.

Last edited by JerZ; 04-29-2016 at 03:01 PM..

Old 04-29-2016, 02:58 PM

1,166 posts, read 755,214 times
Quote:
Are you going to stop sharing your opinion?

So you are willing to admit that religious beliefs are just an opinion? That is a big step up from the standard claim that they represent some kind of indisputable objective truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality