Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 08:50 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
This isn't the first time Vizio has told this story. In an earlier thread Vizio mentioned that the name of his church was on each water bottle label.
In other words... "We handed out bottles of water, but made sure everyone knew EXACTLY who it was giving it to them!"

Is it really a good deed when you do so for publicity and advertising? I mean, it would be like my company donating thousands of dollars worth of stuff to a place that provides food assistance and disaster relief(which we do), but putting our name on every single case of stuff we send. It would be like saying, "Hey, here is your stuff, don't forget who gave it to you!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 08:52 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Viz must be a little light on good deeds if he's already posting reruns.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:56 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

No harm done in repeating the story and good is done if he and the other 5 repeat the deed.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:59 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I've got more, don't worry.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:10 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I've got more, don't worry.
Give this man a sticky! Perhaps all of your good deeds can be combined into one thread, under the title, "Shameless Self Promotion."

Old 05-04-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Give this man a sticky! Perhaps all of your good deeds can be combined into one thread, under the title, "Shameless Self Promotion."
Why does it bother you so much that a church would serve the community?

Old 05-04-2016, 09:22 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Giving out free bottles of water is a good deed. Giving out free bottles of water to the homeless is common in many places. Church and civic groups often participate. In the desert Southwest volunteers seek out the homeless on days when temperatures can hit 115 degrees. These programs last for months. I've never seen the name of a church put on the water bottles. They open up the cases of donated water and do what needs to be done: give free water to people so they won't die of dehydration.

Thousands of citizens, from all faiths and none, participate in donating water (or money to buy cases of water) to be given away. Some groups put water stations in the desert so immigrants can find water and not die while crossing an unforgiving 115 degree desert. The only label is "agua" (water).

I'm wondering if the people giving away free water in Flint are slapping a label for their church/civic group on the bottles before they give it to the people in need.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:26 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Quote:
As a pastor why do you feel the need to tell us about your good deeds? Forum members have given several examples showing you, you don't need to be religious to do good deeds.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
As a pastor why do you feel the need to tell us about your good deeds? Forum members have given several examples showing you, you don't need to be religious to do good deeds.
I have never suggested one has to be a Christian to do a good deed.

I've answered that question already a few times. With all the posts suggesting that churches and pastors are a blight on society, I'm just making a point to let folks know that we actually DO serve the communities we live in.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:41 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:
It doesn't "bother" anyone. It "bothers" people that you are starting a new thread every few hours to toot your own horn. Why do you feel the need to inundate the forum with the same thread every few hours?

Good for you, you have done some good deeds.... So has everyone else on this forum. You are not special.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality