Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 12:50 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Vizio, I'm sure you heard about the Flint water crisis. Flint is about 40 miles from where I live. The churches in our area had their parishioners bring TONS of bottled water into the churches and sent it on to Flint and handed it out. I play guitar at one church and there was tons of water ready to be shipped that they collected just in that church alone. Those evil Christians!
No it's more like those christians have the need to publicly boast about things that all decent people do on a daily basis. Too bad they can't behave like the Buddhists who serve without self-promotion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 12:50 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I think most people already know Christians do good things.

But if you feel the need to tell the world the good things you do... go for it. They'll be recorded for eternity on the ether and on your death bead you can be happy knowing you defended Christians by telling your fellow CD posters that you gave out bottles of water to a bunch of tourists.
Which goes to prove: We are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Old 05-04-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
You are damned for many reasons. Boasting is certainly one of them.

Old 05-04-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
No it's more like those christians have the need to publicly boast about things that all decent people do on a daily basis. Too bad they can't behave like the Buddhists who serve without self-promotion.
They didn't promote themselves. They kept it within their churches that their parishioners would bring water. The only way you know about it is because I told you just like you told us about those Buddhists.

Old 05-04-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
You are damned for many reasons. Boasting is certainly one of them.
What did I boast about? And where in the Bible does it say one is damned for boasting?

Old 05-04-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
What did I boast about? And where in the Bible does it say one is damned for boasting?
The bible is not the authority word for anything so I am not sure why you brought it up?

It's just common decency to be humbled by your good deeds and not brag about them.

Old 05-04-2016, 12:56 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post

"Look at what I did for this person/these people this one time."

Who cares man? Should we all start posting a thread a day about good deeds we do? We would quickly wind up with pages worth of "Look at me!" posts.
LOL!!

Okay now wait a minute, wait a minute...maybe this isn't such a bad idea?

I'll start.

Today, I have PMS and I have not swung at anybody. ANYbody. I'm not kidding, I have not beaten the sh** out of one single person.

Yet.

So...so far, so good.

Old 05-04-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
LOL!!

Okay now wait a minute, wait a minute...maybe this isn't such a bad idea?

I'll start.

Today, I have PMS and I have not swung at anybody. ANYbody. I'm not kidding, I have not beaten the sh** out of one single person.

Yet.

So...so far, so good.
That's tough being a guy with PMS. Did you evolve? LOL

Old 05-04-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
The bible is not the authority word for anything so I am not sure why you brought it up?

It's just common decency to be humbled by your good deeds and not brag about them.
Maybe the Bible is not the authority word for anything for YOU but it is for over a billion people on our planet.

But you said I am damned for many reasons. On whose authority did you say that?

Old 05-04-2016, 01:08 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Actually, I believe it was a Christian here who insisted (more than once) that when Christians give, it's selfless as it originates from God/union with God but when non-Christians give, there's obviously a selfish motive.

So who's damned whether we do/don't, again? If a non-Christian doesn't give, it's because she's an atheist (even if she's a non-Christian but has some other religion, hmm), which is obviously selfish and morality-eroding. If she DOES give, it's because deep down, she has a selfish motive and is getting something out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality