Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 04:55 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
In Vizioworld, god executed, not murdered.

Potter can smash all the clay he wants, right pastor?
Well-stated, fish guy. You are beginning to catch on, I see. Keep trying.
Quote:
Might makes right in fundie-think.!
No. Might does not make right. I'm bigger and stronger than a lot people, but I do not have the right to bash them like a clay pot.

God has the right not because of might, but because he is the sovereign creator. I don't have the right to bash because I am not the Creator--I do not have ownership rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 09:45 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
God murdered and ORDERED murders..so I say--YES, they are following not only god's commandments, but God's EXAMPLE...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
No, he didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
In Vizioworld, god executed, not murdered.
Potter can smash all the clay he wants, right pastor?
Might makes right in fundie-think.!
Quote:
No. Might does not make right. I'm bigger and stronger than a lot people, but I do not have the right to bash them like a clay pot. God has the right not because of might, but because he is the sovereign creator. I don't have the right to bash because I am not the Creator--I do not have ownership rights.
In Vizio world, God is a :"Do as I say, NOT as I DO" kind of guy even if it LOOKS like what God DID..

Old 05-06-2016, 02:47 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
In Vizio world, God is a :"Do as I say, NOT as I DO" kind of guy even if it LOOKS like what God DID..
Naaaah...I don't think Vizio is like that....

Old 05-06-2016, 07:56 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
So....you don't, do you? When you read that Judas hung himself, and then you flip to another verse that says "Go and do likewise", do we need to worry about you? Do you realize that there is a difference between descriptive and prescriptive texts?
The question is whether God knew what would happen and planned for it. If God didn't want the incest, and rival tribes, all he had to do was not turn Mrs Lot into a pile of rock salt. he makes the rules and is not bound by them

So effectively, it was his plan. Thus one could say that this little bit off present -day incest is also God's plan, because if he can't come to our pastor in a dream and tell him to knock it off, he must approve it, right?

The point about Judas would not be about flipping Bible pages (the sort of method apologists seem to use, supporting their particular views with passages from Leviticus and II Peter cobbled together) but the connecting line of logic.

Without Jesus dying on the cross, no salvation, right? Without the betrayal by Judas, no crucifixion, right? Because they were afraid to arrest him publicly in daylight. So Judas was making God's plan possible. Why then is he regarded as a villain rather than a top saint?

Old 05-06-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:

No. Might does not make right. I'm bigger and stronger than a lot people, but I do not have the right to bash them like a clay pot.

God has the right not because of might, but because he is the sovereign creator. I don't have the right to bash because I am not the Creator--I do not have ownership rights.
I do love the potter argument. It goes like this. The potter makes the pot. If it goes wrong, it is the potter's fault, not the pot. However, the point is about the potter who made the pots can either paint them up nicely and put flowers in them if he is pleased with them or smash them if he isn't.

It's how we treat animals, after all, They are either friends and companions or things to kill and eat or just kill for amusement.

And that's how it is with God and humans, eh, Vizio? So much for our god given understanding and free will. By implication, God maybe didn't want us to accquire the knowledge of good and evil. A way of saying reasoning powers. We became like gods indeed. We are gods, as the NT suggests. Yet still God (according to you, Vizio) has the right to treat us like mindless animals, to destroy as he feels it - because he can.

I am so thankful, mate, that I don't believe a word of it.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 05-06-2016 at 09:23 AM..

Old 05-06-2016, 05:37 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
So, no link to the assertions made in the OP? I'd jump all over this if there was any credibility to the story, but there is not.

Old 05-07-2016, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
So, no link to the assertions made in the OP? I'd jump all over this if there was any credibility to the story, but there is not.
What?...You couldn't find the story?...

Old 05-07-2016, 02:56 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What?...You couldn't find the story?...
I don't make readers hunt for citations.

Old 05-07-2016, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I don't make readers hunt for citations.
It actually happened with my grandmother's best friend's church pastor...The mother had found the daughter's diary while cleaning her room, read it and then turned it over to the police, as I remember...Happened about 20 or 30 years ago...I think the pastor ended up in Annandale, where they put all the pedophiles....

Old 05-07-2016, 05:25 AM

Do you remember whether the church congratulated your Grandmother's best friend and berated themselves that they hadn't had a clue about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality