Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 11:55 AM

18,499 posts, read 9,167,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Yes I am...Livingston County--HOME to the LOWEST tax rate in Michigan and HIGHEST per capita INCOME of the state.

Also one of the ONLY counties to vote RED for the last 40 straight years.

Hoping DO NOTHING Joe will invite me to preside over a session of the senate and sling a few scriptures one day..
Lot of Religious Right up that way too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 03:19 PM

16,677 posts, read 15,680,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
He's a Missouri Synod Lutheran Pastor. Your kinda guy, Freak.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:12 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
TOO MANY...Like most places, when we first moved in, they all; wanted to know what church we went to and if we wanted to visit theirs--When word got out we attended the Episcopal Church most were stymied..then I said it was the one downtown with the RAINBOW flag--OH...they said and the conversation was done---never to be mentioned again.

AND, it is the only church in the county (besides the AME) that has a minister who is not like WONDER BREAD...

Old 05-10-2016, 04:14 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
TOO MANY...Like most places, when we first moved in, they all; wanted to know what church we went to and if we wanted to visit theirs--When word got out we attended the Episcopal Church most were stymied..then I said it was the one downtown with the RAINBOW flag--OH...they said and the conversation was done---never to be mentioned again.

AND, it is the only church in the county (besides the AME) that has a minister who is not like WONDER BREAD...

Is that the norm to be asked what church you go to? I think I have been asked maybe two or three times and I have moved 13 times since I have been married and 5 times before that.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:44 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,167,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
He's a Missouri Synod Lutheran Pastor. Your kinda guy, Freak.
Where do you think I got the clip?

Old 05-11-2016, 03:12 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Is that the norm to be asked what church you go to? I think I have been asked maybe two or three times and I have moved 13 times since I have been married and 5 times before that.
I know it is in North Carolina. Every weekend when we went to breakfast, the conversation was always about church and where you went. Kind of like how they determined if you were "good."
We learned that it was best to say we attended a church many miles from where ever we were--so if we were in Smithfield, we said we went to some church in Lillington, where they probably knew nothing about so the questions stopped. The worse was to say we did not go to church--because we we still "looking."

I was surprised it happened here in Michigan, but given it is TEA COUNTRY, it makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality