Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 01:06 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Agreed. He's as much a one-trick pony, and has become as boring and ever-so sanctimonious, as jeff or Eusie.

Awwww... you just didn't like my Mother Teresa expose rant.

(I always provide current citations on the transgressions I post about)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 01:08 PM

88,560 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
I think you have to consider the source too. cupper3 is a Social Justice Warrior who is looking for reasons to be outraged. I'd think all that relentless, self-righteous posturing would be exhausting, but nope. Back again, time and time again.

If he/she is okay posting that non-sense, then he/she must be okay with what I'm writing right now. If you can dish it out, you can take it. But I'm sure any bleeding heart who yells outrage so often will yell outrage at this, rather than just see it as just another post on another forum with no greater meaning.

No, the world isn't collapsing because I wrote this. Life will go on. Lol.
No he's not. A social justice warrior would be outraged over issues of actual social justice--rights for all people, eradication of poverty, etc. Things that many Christians concern themselves with every day but he would never address because that would wreck the story he has constructed for himself and his burning desire to be outraged about what "THEY" did.

Old 05-11-2016, 01:10 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,211,860 times
It's just the constant outrage is all. Imagine if I was outraged at everything. Soon you'd dismiss me because I'm outraged at everything. Crying wolf, that's the saying, right?

I swear, this time we should really be outraged everybody. I mean it. This is the one!

Old 05-11-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I think you have to consider the source too. cupper3 is a Social Justice Warrior who is looking for reasons to be outraged. I'd think all that relentless, self-righteous posturing would be exhausting, but nope. Back again, time and time again.
Social justice warrior? Now, you think you just might be stereotyping? That is usually associate with those who are of a liberal political bent, and anyone who knows me considers me anything but a liberal. I think I have been called right of Attila the Hun at times.

Now, that doesn't mean I don't think. You see, you are offended that I post these transgressions, but I rarely see christians condemning them. No, they point the fingers at the poster, me, rather than the transgressions done by members of their christian, hypocritical community. Now, what morals does that teach?

Quote:
If he/she is okay posting that non-sense, then he/she must be okay with what I'm writing right now. If you can dish it out, you can take it. But I'm sure any bleeding heart who yells outrage so often will yell outrage at this, rather than just see it as just another post on another forum with no greater meaning.

No, the world isn't collapsing because I wrote this. Life will go on. Lol.
I got big shoulders and don't mind being challenged... on my ideas. Personal attacks are out though. Now the trouble seems is that many christians take an attack on transgressions that members of their faith do as a personal attack on themselves; they can't seem to separate their beliefs from who they are.

And since when is posting FACTS, documented and reference, nonsense? Is it you don't like those FACTS, that show what moral basket cases so many of your faith are? I can't help that your feelings are hurt that I point out the moral turpitude of so many; it is a target rich environment that occurs virtually daily.

Now, go ahead and challenge me on the facts I present. I will always admit when I am wrong about those facts. Always, but usually I have researched them before they get posted here.

I don't apologize for condemning hypocrisy and the damage that occurs as a result of this.

Old 05-11-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I agree with you, mordant, but that's not what cupper says in his OP. He is calling for ALL the other Christians to put a stop to what a particular Christian community is doing, as if, then he slurs every Christian with his childish and ridiculous stereotypes. Cupper is a caricature, the Archie Bunker of atheism, and I'm calling him on it.
It seems that many christians call on muslims to stop their miscreants, seems only logical that christians stop theirs, or at the very least shame them, rather than support them.

I don't see much of that happening.

Old 05-11-2016, 01:21 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,211,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Social justice warrior? Now, you think you just might be stereotyping? That is usually associate with those who are of a liberal political bent, and anyone who knows me considers me anything but a liberal. I think I have been called right of Attila the Hun at times.

Now, that doesn't mean I don't think. You see, you are offended that I post these transgressions, but I rarely see christians condemning them. No, they point the fingers at the poster, me, rather than the transgressions done by members of their christian, hypocritical community. Now, what morals does that teach?

I got big shoulders and don't mind being challenged... on my ideas. Personal attacks are out though. Now the trouble seems is that many christians take an attack on transgressions that members of their faith do as a personal attack on themselves; they can't seem to separate their beliefs from who they are.

And since when is posting FACTS, documented and reference, nonsense? Is it you don't like those FACTS, that show what moral basket cases so many of your faith are? I can't help that your feelings are hurt that I point out the moral turpitude of so many; it is a target rich environment that occurs virtually daily.

Now, go ahead and challenge me on the facts I present. I will always admit when I am wrong about those facts. Always, but usually I have researched them before they get posted here.

I don't apologize for condemning hypocrisy and the damage that occurs as a result of this.
If I saw bank statements, P&L statements and audit reports of the church, then yes, facts. If I found a news article and threw it up with a largely editorial slant, then no, not facts.

But your response is good. You addressed it appropriately and in good spirit. I find nothing negative in it and feel that it's with good intent.

My angle was more that why Christians? Why this particular outrage? There is plenty of injustice out there.

Old 05-11-2016, 01:28 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Quote:

YOU Christians need to stop this problem. YOU Christians are as much as fault on this incessant malfeasance in your communities as the Muslims are for not stopping their radicals. YOU Christians need to find a backbone, and get some real morals, not morals you think exists in that fairy tale book you keep preaching from, and then only partially, because you forget the part about owning slaves and how a rape victim gets stoned to death if the she didn't scream loud enough.
Uh, huh. Being told what we "need" to do by someone who has set himself up as some kind of moral authority and fountain of wisdom.

The OP is proof the fundamentalists aren't the only people who think they can boss everyone around. Personally, since I have a working brain and the ability to choose and make decisions, I'm not especially interested in being lectured about what I "need" to do by someone.....anyone....so filled with ego and hubris he/she thinks he can tell me what I "need" to do.

I will, however, ask for help when necessary. But I make it a point to never ask the self-appointed blowhards who volunteer unsolicited orders and advice because they don't like something.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-11-2016 at 01:41 PM..

Old 05-11-2016, 01:29 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Quote:
Awwww... you just didn't like my Mother Teresa expose rant.

(I always provide current citations on the transgressions I post about)
Nope. Doesn't really matter the thread.

It's you I don't like. You have a mean, dark spirit. Very much akin to Muslim and Christian fundamentalists.

Old 05-11-2016, 01:40 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,702,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
So you bring it up, and then when someone calls you out on the fact that this isn't simply "sensationalist journalism", you ignore it and say it doesn't matter....
Stop.

It is sensationalist journalism. And that is bad. Even if that frustrates you. And even if the sensationalist journalism happens to be true. The tone is still wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
I have lost track of nothing.
Ridiculous.

Quote:
Try and apply your Christian morals next time.
I'm not Christian. So much for your attempt at a rude signoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It's you I don't like. You have a mean, dark spirit. Very much akin to Muslim and Christian fundamentalists.
I see that sort of behavior especially in threads where I highlight dogmatic atheism.

Old 05-11-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
If I saw bank statements, P&L statements and audit reports of the church, then yes, facts. If I found a news article and threw it up with a largely editorial slant, then no, not facts.
It is telling that the Atlanta church is not denying the accusations, but instead, doubling down. The court cases will surely require disclosure, but the basic facts have been confirmed by the church itself.

Quote:
But your response is good. You addressed it appropriately and in good spirit. I find nothing negative in it and feel that it's with good intent.
Thank you for the comment. I find good discussion is always worthwhile, even if one disagrees in the end. If it brings out an issue that one should consider in the future before posting, it is even productive.

Quote:
My angle was more that why Christians? Why this particular outrage? There is plenty of injustice out there.
There is, I agree, however, this is the Religious forum. I spend half my time back in Alberta, 4 blocks from a small Creation Science museum. That should give you some idea of the environment I live in. In Florida, I have two mega churches within 1/2 mile of me. That also should give you some idea of that environment. I hear the supposed objectives of those of faith daily, and when one sees those objectives being transgressed so often, what else is there to question?

I'm sure if I lived in parts of New York City, I could outline outrages about certain members of the Jewish faith. If I lived in Salt Lake City, the Mormon faith, although frankly, we have a LOT of Mormons in Alberta, and if there is a religion where the members mostly actually live the morals they preach, that would be one. I can't remember one Mormon I have had a bad perspective of; they are wonderful family people, they work hard, are self sufficient, and other than those 18 year old missionaries who are a pain in the pedakus, don't push their faith on others, or try and change societies laws to fit their religion. I'm sure that is not the case in Utah, so my attitude might change there.

In short, if hypocrisy is out there, whose job is it to change that? I would strongly suggest it is those whose entities perpetuate that hypocrisy, especially the transgressions that are at the very least immoral by anyone's standards, and often just plain criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality