Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 08:27 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times

Advertisements

This video has been making the rounds the past few days. If I was one of those kids of hers, I would want to crawl in the nearest dark hole or closet with embarrassment, but then, I think this is full out nut banger crazy.

The proper way to protest Target or not? Let's not forget, the disturbance she is causing is in private property, and as such, is her free speech can be curtailed.

https://youtu.be/vrJDMtDLPxM

Old 05-15-2016, 08:33 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
This video has been making the rounds the past few days. If I was one of those kids of hers, I would want to crawl in the nearest dark hole or closet with embarrassment, but then, I think this is full out nut banger crazy.

The proper way to protest Target or not? Let's not forget, the disturbance she is causing is in private property, and as such, is her free speech can be curtailed.

Oh so now we can't speak our beliefs in public and now PRIVATE too? If you had your way, freedom of religion would mean the freedom only to keep your thoughts to yourself. People have to right to protest and boycott Target even if they are vocal about it.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Oh so now we can't speak our beliefs in public and now PRIVATE too? If you had your way, freedom of religion would mean the freedom only to keep your thoughts to yourself. People have to right to protest and boycott Target even if they are vocal about it.
They have the absolute right to protest and boycott. But not IN Target. That's a good way to get a trespass or causing a disturbance charge thrown at you.

I feel sorry for those poor kids to have to live under that kind of bigotry and oppression.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:40 PM

20,007 posts, read 13,486,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Target is still a public place. It is also private property not owned by the woman. No one is suggesting the woman can't rant in her house or (if her church approves) in her church.

I'm given to understand that peaceful protest is allowed in front of the location on the public sidewalk but you can't interfere with the operation of the business itself and are subject to the business owner pressing charges if you do interfere with operations. That's true of non-religious protest as well. Has nothing to do with religion at all in this case -- or with the content of the protest, other than probably the more disruptive the worse.

Then you're left with the option of civil disobedience but that's generally ineffective unless large numbers of people are doing it.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:47 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Wait. There's a Target protest? Over bathrooms?

Lol....That was a pretty pitiful display by a woman who is a rank amateur at protesting. She didn't even chain herself to a toilet.

#notimpressed

Old 05-15-2016, 08:52 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
I think this is full out nut banger crazy.
It is indeed!

America is full of overweight illiterate bible thumping trash such as this woman and her husband.

This is a prime example of christian filth doing best what christian filth does.

Can you just imagine how those kids are going to turn out?

Old 05-15-2016, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
It is indeed!

America is full of overweight illiterate bible thumping trash such as this woman and her husband.

This is a prime example of christian filth doing best what christian filth does.

Can you just imagine how those kids are going to turn out?
Want to bet they are home schooled? Not that one is stereotyping. I feel so sorry for those kids, as they have a built in handicap going in. They are in the mileau that should they ever find reason and start thinking for themselves as they get older and into adulthood, that it would be highly conceivable that they get disconnected from their family.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:51 PM

11,022 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:

Holy .....! Why doesn't she tell us how she really feels! She's the mother of twelve and she is calling someone else perverted?! Right. She didn't mention who the fathers were.

Yup, she's a nut job.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:53 PM

11,022 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
They have the absolute right to protest and boycott. But not IN Target. That's a good way to get a trespass or causing a disturbance charge thrown at you.

I feel sorry for those poor kids to have to live under that kind of bigotry and oppression.
Twelve of them.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:33 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:

...and these are the beliefs and actions that some members here think should be 'respected'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.