Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 11:41 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
He's been documented as a liar. If that's the type of guy you want to lift up and celebrate, good for you.
Citation for this assertion?

Old 05-17-2016, 11:41 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop David View Post
Newsflash: Tyson admitted it. Here's a Washington Post article. Have you heard of the Washington Post? Those right wing nutjobs that broke the Watergate story?
ok? So he admitted to lying. Great.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:47 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
ok? So he admitted to lying. Great.

Or even worse being wrong in what he thought was said.

As far as trustworthy I would take someone who makes false quotes to some one who makes up facts . I would of course prefer someone who was honest with both facts and quotes. Ken Hamm is not trustworthy in what he claims in his own words.

Rick Warren is also credited with the quote in question in this thread. I do not know if Neil Degrasse Tyson made this quote or if it is credited to him.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:52 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,263,697 times
Quote:
Newsflash: Tyson admitted it. Here's a Washington Post article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ed-bush-quote/

Have you heard of the Washington Post? Those right wing nutjobs that broke the Watergate story?
I did not ask you who the Washington Post was I specifically asked you who Jonathan Alder was.

You reading skills match your IQ.

Perhaps you should read what Tyson says in his own words vs. your stupid non-credible links.

Quote:
For a talk I give on the rise and fall of science in human cultural history I occasionally paraphrase President George W. Bush from one of his speeches, remarking that our God is the God who named the stars, and immediately noting that 2/3 of all star-names in the night sky are Arabic. I use this fact to pivot from the present-day, back to a millennium ago, during the Golden Age of Islam, in which major advances in math, science, engineering, medicine, and navigation were achieved. The Bush reference is not written on my PowerPoint slides, which I keep sparse, but I remembered it from a speech he gave after September 11, 2001. And I presented it that way, as Bush’s attempt to distinguish “we” from ‘they.”

When eager scrutinizers looked for the quote they could not find it, and promptly accused me of fabricating a Presidential sentence. Lawyers are good at this. They find something that you get wrong, and use it to cast doubt on everything else you say. Blogosphere headlines followed, with accusations of me being a compulsive liar and a fabricator.
The bolded part is about people like you! Talk about dumb gullible Americans who don't know which way is up.

You can try all day long to make Tyson out to be whatever you want but at the end of the day he is far and beyond what you or Vizo could ever become in your lifetime. You both display utter ignorance and hatred. Only a very stupid person would see Tyson as what you and Vizo are trying to portray him as.

Get lost!

Old 05-17-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Or even worse being wrong in what he thought was said.
He has a habit of being wrong. He's made a pattern of it.
Quote:
As far as trustworthy I would take someone who makes false quotes to some one who makes up facts . I would of course prefer someone who was honest with both facts and quotes. Ken Hamm is not trustworthy in what he claims in his own words.

You mean someone who has a habit of making up false quotes is better than Ken Hamm? Why?
Quote:
Rick Warren is also credited with the quote in question in this thread. I do not know if Neil Degrasse Tyson made this quote or if it is credited to him.
I don't care about Rick Warren. He has his own issues.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:57 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Good idea. I'm doing the same thing as of now.
Jeffbase will be the one and only person I have on ignore. Never seen the point of the ignore feature until now. I guess he can feel some sort of sense of achievement for that. I can't stand to listen to his seething endless vat of hostility any longer, it's not good for my constitution. Well done Jeff.
And you act like there is no hostility from your camp? Unbelievable. Yes please ignore me. I won't lose any sleep over it. I'm sure there will be another dozen people jumping down my throat and calling me a bigot or worse.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
He has a habit of being wrong. He's made a pattern of it.
No he has not...it fact it's been you all over this religious forum who has made a pattern out of lies and being wrong. Take a good look in the mirror because you are describing yourself to a T.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
No he has not...it fact it's been you all over this religious forum who has made a pattern out of lies and being wrong. Take a good look in the mirror because you are describing yourself to a T.

I'd encourage you to read the article I posted. Do some Googling. Yes. He really does. The article goes into that. Tyson can't be trusted.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Newsflash: Tyson admitted it. Here's a Washington Post article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ed-bush-quote/
Your reading skills are so poor that you don't even read what Tyson said in response the the nutjobs trying to accuse him of whatever they can find.

Now what were you just trying to say about him fabricating what Bush said?

Quote:
What followed fascinated me greatly. As others had uncovered, the President indeed utter the following sentences:

In the words of the prophet Isaiah, “Lift your eyes and look to the heavens. Who created all these? He who brings out the starry hosts one by one and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.” The same creator who names the stars also knows the names of the seven souls we mourn today.

But I was wrong about when he said it. It appears in his speech after the Columbia Shuttle disaster, eighteen months after September 11th 2001. My bad. And I here publicly apologize to the President for casting his quote in the context of contrasting religions rather than as a poetic reference to the lost souls of Columbia. I have no excuse for this, other than both events- so close to one another — upset me greatly. In retrospect, I’m surprised I remembered any details from either of them.

Of course, very little changes in that particular talk. I will still mention Islamic Extremists flying planes into buildings in the 21st century. I will still contrast it with the Golden Age of Islam a millennium earlier. And I will still mention the President’s quote. But instead, I will be the one contrasting what actually happened in the world with what the Bible says: The Arabs named the stars, not Yahweh.
OK you and Vizo failed miserably. I suggest you go back to school.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:05 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Your reading skills are so poor that you don't even read what Tyson said in response the the nutjobs trying to accuse him of whatever they can find.

Now what were you just trying to say about him fabricating what Bush said?

OK you and Vizo failed miserably. I suggest you go back to school.
Incompleteness and using things out of context is a favorite error apologists make... frequently. And by doing so, it so demeans the veracity of future claims. Unlike Tyson, however, they would never admit they made an error.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality