Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 01:35 PM

7 posts, read 2,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
See folks why America ranks close to the bottom of the world with respect to math and science? It's folks like this bozo that have helped to get us there.
If you're speaking to your reflection, I agree completely.

Back to altitude of geosynchronous orbits. Who was the first to calculate it? Do you still believe it's Arthur C. Clarke? Or Herman Potočnik?

You've struck out on two attempts to refute my claims.

Yes, Tyson did falsely accuse Bush of delivering a xenophobic post 9-11 speech attempting to distinguish Christians from Muslims.

Yes, Tyson was incorrect when he said Arthur C. Clarke was first to calculate altitude of geosynchronous orbits.

For a more complete list go to:

Hop's Blog: Fact checking Neil deGrasse Tyson

Since I'm new to this forum, I'm not being permitted to mark this up as a link. However anyone interested can cut and paste.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:36 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
You're busted I have found your STUPID Blog. Go away and take your garbage with you.

See folks why America ranks close to the bottom of the world with respect to math and science? It's folks like this bozo that have helped to get us there.

At least I found out that helicopters that lose their engines have soft landings.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:41 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,265,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
At least I found out that helicopters that lose their engines have soft landings.
I can't believe this guy is allowed to continue hijacking this thread with his clear agenda.

I have seen some strange birds here on CD but this one takes the cake.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:42 PM

7 posts, read 2,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Indeed. That was news to me as well.

And I admit that I had thought bats had poor eyesight. Can't really fault Neil for that.

But there's a bunch of his flubs that most reasonably educated people should have caught. That people put this guy on a pedestal is good evidence Americans are scientifically illiterate.

Will post my list again:
Hop's Blog: Fact checking Neil deGrasse Tyson

Old 05-17-2016, 01:43 PM

16,677 posts, read 15,684,725 times
This thread seems to have left the realm of Religion & Spirituality (Remember? That's the topic of this forum.) and ended up in the area of bashing astrophysicists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality