Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 04:35 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Which belies the accuracy of the criteria he's using to "identify" atheists. Either that or his definition of "nasty". In all honesty I think it's mostly the latter. "Nasty" is not the impartation of unwelcome information or making Jeff uncomfortable. "Nasty" is not an accurate analysis of the facts of a situation that just happens not to completely flatter or support Jeff's beliefs. "Nasty" is not a critique of Jeff's beliefs.

What "nasty" looks like is an attack on Jeff's personhood, worthiness or character, or some form of demonizing him. Which I have yet to see happen. But Jeff can't tell the difference because he thinks he is his beliefs. Question or point out inconvenient facts about his god, or his beliefs about god, and it's personal.
I am going to start keeping a record of what I perceive as direct personal attacks on my character. The fact is the name "jeffbase" should never even be in the conversation. The OP is not about me yet almost always the conversation is turned against my character. I've been called a whiner, stupid, immature, having the education of a 5 year old, falsely accused of committing serious criminal activity(although in fairness, the mods removed some of the more grievous posts), and most recently that I desire gay sex.
If that is not a personal attack on one's character then you are purposely turning a blind eye to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post

And it's not questioning or pointing out, but an attack. And it's not just any attack, it is an attack that amounts to an existential threat, and rapidly broadens in scope to all his fellow believers and speaks to their impending imprisonment and persecution and dark conspiracies to those ends.

All of which is ultimately an elaborate deflection to relieve Jeff of any obligation to consider evidence or logical argument presented if it in any way might not completely support and encourage his faith.

It is, in short, the inner workings of the "FundAShield"(tm).
What purpose or intent does this OP make if it is not just another form of mockery against Christians?

Old 05-16-2016, 04:44 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I paint atheists all with the same brush because 100% of the time, they are rude, insulting, dishonest, arrogant, condescending and nasty to me. And guess what, you are holding up the stereotype as well.

Totally and utterly untrue.

You and I have conversed a number of times. Clearly you can't remember because you only choose what to remember. I have NEVER been rude, insulting, arrogant condescending or nasty to you in the past.

I have been nice to you. I have been friendly to you. And I have been respectful to you.
Last time we spoke I seem to remember you saying you didn't remember conversing with me before.
But you don't remember do you Jeff?
Because apparently atheists are nasty 100% of the time.
Well, when you have selective memory and a skewed view of the world that is

Old 05-16-2016, 04:56 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Quote:
I paint atheists all with the same brush because 100% of the time, they are rude, insulting, dishonest, arrogant, condescending and nasty to me.
You're the guy at the poker table who can't figure out who the sucker is.

There's a reason atheist are that way towards you.

Go all in Jeff, please?

Old 05-16-2016, 05:04 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
And how do you know what represents true Christianity? What do you think was the intent of the OP?
To ask opinion of forum members. Shall we say that it was an interesting performance that mama who wears prairie dresses put on. Poor kids, and I'm not being sarcastic. I truly feel for them and the embarrassment they have to go through.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:07 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
What purpose or intent does this OP make if it is not just another form of mockery against Christians?
All I did was post a video of a self-professed christian and asked the opinion of the forum.

She had full control of how she presented herself and her faith.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:34 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
I paint atheists all with the same brush because 100% of the time, they are rude, insulting, dishonest, arrogant, condescending and nasty to me. And guess what, you are holding up the stereotype as well.
Huh. I wonder what the common denominator could be? It is a perplexing mystery, all right.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:37 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post

You and I have conversed a number of times. Clearly you can't remember because you only choose what to remember. I have NEVER been rude, insulting, arrogant condescending or nasty to you in the past.

I have been nice to you. I have been friendly to you. And I have been respectful to you.
Last time we spoke I seem to remember you saying you didn't remember conversing with me before.
Well you see now you have pointed out that Jeff is lying, has selective memory and a skewed view of the world, so he can now claim that you are nasty. See how that works?

Old 05-16-2016, 05:48 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post

If you are an atheist, then you can remark "What a lovely day today" and it will be perceived as being rude, insulting, arrogant, condescending, and nasty by some.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:00 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
jeff acts like a big baby and when called on it he ... cries.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:20 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,949,671 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlN9jdQFSc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.