Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 06:21 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,950,338 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA

Old 05-16-2016, 06:28 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Huh. I wonder what the common denominator could be? It is a perplexing mystery, all right.

Any Christian who stands up for the faith and the Bible receives the same kind of treatment. That's the common denominator. Here's an example:

Quote:

Recently I debated a well-known American Atheist on Premier Christian Radio's 'Unbelievable' programme. Matt Dillahunty is the host of an online TV show called 'The Atheist Experience', in which he and his co-presenters take calls from religious people, mainly Christians, and then proceed to argue and fulfil Dawkins mandate to mock them. Some people thought that having Matt and myself on the same show would be interesting. For me it certainly was. We recorded two programmes that were feisty and robust – a little bit too much for some Christians. You can listen to them on the Unbelievable Podcast here

The reaction was astonishing, producing one of the largest responses Unbelievable has ever seen. The number one complaint from the atheists who wrote in was that I was rude and nasty (as well as being ignorant and stupid). This response intrigued me. Why was there so little concern about what was said, and so much about how it was said? I suspect that the atheists were used to Matt doing his own show and being rude, mocking and abrasive to Christians – which they loved. But when the boot was on the other foot, there was outrage.

Should Christians be nice in dealing with nasty atheists? | Christian News on Christian Today

See any similarity here? Your side loves to mock and run down Christians. They enjoy it, but if they get just a little bit of fight thrown back at them, there is fury and outrage and of course, calling us ignorant and stupid.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:33 PM

Existence is God, and Sentience is the only way we can understand our existence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8AWFf7EAc4

Old 05-16-2016, 06:45 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Oh, boy. One more thread turned into Jeff's list of complaints.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:52 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Any Christian who stands up for the faith and the Bible receives the same kind of treatment. That's the common denominator. Here's an example:

Should Christians be nice in dealing with nasty atheists? | Christian News on Christian Today

See any similarity here? Your side loves to mock and run down Christians. They enjoy it, but if they get just a little bit of fight thrown back at them, there is fury and outrage and of course, calling us ignorant and stupid.
Having watched and listened to Matt I will agree that he can be rude and mocking, but he can also be thoughtful and respectful to Christian callers. If you have not listened to him you are simply using someone else's opinion as a fact.

Too many of his callers call in without ever listening to the show and that produce something that they think will shake him so much that he will return to being a Christian however it turns out to be a decades old argument that had been refuted when it first comes out. Some of the callers start out being rude and nasty to him as well, it is a live show so it has not been edited that way.

And while it is true that people have been nasty to you and have mocked you the same can be said about how you treat atheist and liberal Christians. You have mocked and insulted most who fall in these categories. You also make lots of claims about your opponents that you are unable to back up and that gets you into trouble but each and every time that has been pointed out to you an attack comes as your response. Even the time I pointed out a mistake of yours you eventually came back attacking me and the making the claim that you were not mistaken but just asked a simple question and that I attacked you for it. I went back and it was clear that you did indeed claim that no other animal had vocal chords, your question was how can we explain it.

If you watched Matt Delahunty and concluded that he was always rude to Christians that would be more valid that taking the word of another person.

If you want to find out how hateful Christians are listen to Pastor Manning or Brian Fisher. You might claim that they don't represent Christians and I would agree with you but judging an entire group by what someone said about that group is not the correct way to do things.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:54 PM

Release yourself - it's a big sky.
Reveal yourself, it's a big sky.
We love, we leave. We take, we give.

Breathe in this moment... (4)

I know this silence - been here before.
I'm walking blinded through your door.
This is a sense of things to come,
This innocence... oh, oh.

Breathe in this moment - it's come and gone
Further and faster through your soul.
Open your eyes and breathe some more,
Open your mind... oh, oh.

We love, we leave, we take, we give.

It's a big sky...

I know this silence - been here before.
I'm walking blinded through your door.
This is a sense of things to come,
This innocence... oh, oh.

Breathe in this moment - it's come and gone
Further and faster through your soul.
Open your eyes and breathe some more,
Open your mind... oh, oh.

We love, we leave. We take, we give.

Breathe in this moment... (4)

We love, we leave, we take, we give.

It's a big sky... (4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xWKFSrjSbI

Old 05-16-2016, 07:26 PM

10,534 posts, read 6,169,672 times
Quote:

Yes I suspected you would skip over my post.

So here are a few questions for you Jeff:
None of us will deny that there are posters who make it their hobby to put down Christianity. Of course there are people like that. I'm sure there may have been people who have been directly mean and nasty to you.

But please answer me this:
1. How is retaliating by behaving in exactly the same way as your attacker helping the situation? How is being blanket mean and nasty about all atheists and their children, helping the situation, when you must know that what you are saying is not true? You are exacerbating the situation not helping it.
2. How is what you are doing a Christian thing to do? Don't you think you should be the bigger person and behave like a good Christian?

Related to Petunias comment about a common denominator:

Some atheists and Christians on this forum get along great. Speaking for myself I have great respect for a number of theists on here. There are some Christians on here that I converse with by PM. I'm sure other atheists and Christians are doing the same thing. It is not the war zone between atheists and Christians you like to paint it. If you think it is then you are missing out on the bigger picture.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:30 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
Quote:
Any Christian who stands up for the faith and the Bible receives the same kind of treatment. That's the common denominator. Here's an example

Nonsense. I have many friends and family members who are Christians. This is a common experience for many atheists. It only makes sense, as so much of the general population identify as Christian.

Now, let's look at your logic for a moment. If you can provide a single example of something, it proves that it is always true? If I show you an orange jelly bean, does that prove that all jelly beans are orange? Of course not.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Oh, boy. One more thread turned into Jeff's list of complaints.
The attack against me started on post #14. It was uncalled for. Your side always jumps on me first and if I get defensive, you blast me for that.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Nonsense. I have many friends and family members who are Christians. This is a common experience for many atheists. It only makes sense, as so much of the general population identify as Christian.

Now, let's look at your logic for a moment. If you can provide a single example of something, it proves that it is always true? If I show you an orange jelly bean, does that prove that all jelly beans are orange? Of course not.
So what now, I need to provide more examples? A thousand? A million? You would still refuse to acknowledge the ugliness that emanates from your side. I am 100% confident that if I left this board for a month, someone else would become the token whipping post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality