Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 05:25 AM

10,535 posts, read 6,169,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You already do this anytime I constantly see remarks about "fundies". When every single atheist you encounter treats you like crap and shows clear signs of venomous hatred for the Bible and God's people then why would you expect me to see flowers and roses from your side of the fence? I don't. I see arrogance, hypocrisy and extreme judgmental behavior. I see an attitude that your side can never be wrong about anything. That's my opinion about atheists and if that insults you personally, that's your own problem. Calling me out by name and running down my personal character is a whole different ball of wax and you know it.
Jeffbase circular logic:

Jeffbase ongoing daily mantra: "All atheists are 100% nasty, arrogant, hypocrites with bitter angry children,.......(etc or insert similar generalized insult here)."

Atheist:
(Respond by pointing out that Jeffs statement cannot be correct since many atheists and Christians get along).
Point out that Jeffs comments are nasty and insulting.)

Jeffbase: "You atheists all insult me personally. I only insult you all generally. You atheists are 100% nasty, arrogant, hypocrites .....(etc or insert similar insult generalized insult here).
I can't understand why you are all picking on me and singling me out."

Atheists: "Insulting all atheists insults all of us Jeff."

Jeffbase: "Well if you don't like it you can stick it. You atheists are 100% nasty, arrogant, hypocrites .....(etc or insert similar insult generalized insult here).

etc etc.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:54 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,226,396 times
Quote:
When every single atheist you encounter treats you like crap and shows clear signs of venomous hatred for the Bible and God's people then why would you expect me to see flowers and roses from your side of the fence? .
Jeff, I've asked before but you never answered. I would be interested to know how you identify atheists out in everyday life. It's easy during public prayer (they're the ones looking around while the Christians have their eyes closed) but I'm unable to determine the mailman's, the 7-11 clerk's or the cable guy's beliefs when our paths intersect. How do you do it?

Old 05-17-2016, 06:55 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Jeffbase circular logic:

Jeffbase ongoing daily mantra: "All atheists are 100% nasty, arrogant, hypocrites with bitter angry children,.......(etc or insert similar generalized insult here)."

Atheist:
(Respond by pointing out that Jeffs statement cannot be correct since many atheists and Christians get along).
Point out that Jeffs comments are nasty and insulting.)

Jeffbase: "You atheists all insult me personally. I only insult you all generally. You atheists are 100% nasty, arrogant, hypocrites .....(etc or insert similar insult generalized insult here).

Atheists: "Insulting all atheists insults all of us Jeff."

Jeffbase: "Well if you don't like it you can stick it. You atheists are 100% nasty, arrogant, hypocrites .....(etc or insert similar insult generalized insult here).

etc etc.
The oddball logic of atheists here:

Makes a daily effort to Ad Hominem fallacy attacks and insults against me personally rather than talk about the OP. AKA - act of desperation to look superior.

Expects me to believe they are good compassionate caring people...

Bonus -

Atheist asks for evidence constantly.

Atheist doesn't really want evidence. They want to reject evidence...

Bottom line, like it or not, I'm fighting back. I'm tired of coming here every day seeing threads running down Christianity and ONLY Christianity. It's time to show the ugliness of atheism.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:16 AM

10,535 posts, read 6,169,672 times
Quote:
The oddball logic of atheists here:

Makes a daily effort to Ad Hominem fallacy attacks and insults against me personally rather than talk about the OP. AKA - act of desperation to look superior.

Expects me to believe they are good compassionate caring people...

Bonus -

Atheist asks for evidence constantly.

Atheist doesn't really want evidence. They want to reject evidence...

Bottom line, like it or not, I'm fighting back. I'm tired of coming here every day seeing threads running down Christianity and ONLY Christianity. It's time to show the ugliness of atheism.
And finally we have the crux of it.
You admit are here for a fight.
You admit you are here to attack atheism.
You don't care that your insults offend people.

So don't complain that people are picking on you and singling you out.
If you are here for a fight and to sling insults, fully expect people to fight back.
You can't have it all ways.

And you haven't answered 1insiders question.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:16 AM

6,473 posts, read 6,681,448 times
Wow. I just read all 5 pages of this thread. Certainly wanders off topic.

It is unfortunate that many people will defend "their side" no matter how outlandish a particular action or opinion may be. I guess that's human nature---people want to defend "their own."

But getting back to the OP....I'm guessing that most Christians would find the woman in the video completely overboard. I mean, if most Christians agreed with her viewpoint and with her method of protest, then other Christians who happened to be in the store would have joined her parade. But that didn't happen.

I think it's wrong that she paraded her children through a store like that, to try to make a scene. Children should not be used in that way, I don't care what the cause is. I despise seeing children chanting hateful words at KKK rallies, or holding up signs at Plannd Parenthood protests, or even political rallies. A young child can't possibly hold an opinion on these issues, and should not be forced to be a mouthpiece for the parent. These children are not being afforded freedom of speech; they are being manipulated as puppets.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:30 AM

1,166 posts, read 755,658 times
Maybe one of the resident fundamentalist Christians can help me with a perplexing question. If the devil does come into a Target and rapes a woman in the bathroom causing her to become pregnant, would it be ok to have an abortion or should the rape victim be forced to carry the devil baby to term and welcome it as a gift from God?

Old 05-17-2016, 08:04 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
You already do this anytime I constantly see remarks about "fundies". When every single atheist you encounter treats you like crap and shows clear signs of venomous hatred for the Bible and God's people then why would you expect me to see flowers and roses from your side of the fence? I don't. I see arrogance, hypocrisy and extreme judgmental behavior. I see an attitude that your side can never be wrong about anything. That's my opinion about atheists and if that insults you personally, that's your own problem. Calling me out by name and running down my personal character is a whole different ball of wax and you know it.

You certainly didn't take responsibility for your promise to leave me alone.

OK I will leave you alone from now on and put you on ignore because basically you act like a frighten and dishonest person. You are totally wrong about those encounters, at least on this forum. You post some nasty or wrong comment and people correct you or disagree with you, then you take great offense and post some outlandish response and then you are called out. Even those who have taken the time to write thoughtful suggestions to you get personally attacked and insulted and you attack that person. That has happened several times.

Comments that you think we should simply accept because you claim that they are correct

Atheists are always mean to you

Atheists have to morals

Atheists have no hope and their children grow up hopeless

Atheists can do good but only for selfish reasons

Atheists do not care if Christians are murdered (or was it only me that did not care)

No animal other than humans and dogs have any sort of intelligence

No animal other than humans and dogs have vocal chords (and you refused to admit you were wrong, instead you made a claim that you were only asking the question, I went back to your original posts and you did indeed claim that and your question was we could no explain it)

Evolution is a lie, even though you do not understand it

Christians who do not agree with you are atheists

Atheists always think they are right and never wrong unlike you will admit you are wrong although I do not know if any of us ever see that happen)

You love science but you reject much of science and seem to prefer pseudoscience

Atheists hate god

Atheist cannot truly love

We are closed minded because we do not accept what you claim however you refuse to even read about the subjects you have already made your mind up on

You provide links that if read in their entirely do not support your claim and then you attack us for not accepting what you think the link states

All atheists are mean to Christians

Those are the ones that pop into my head right at this moment I am sure others could supplement the list. The point is you blow up if anyone challenges your proclamations and those are often far off the wall and sometimes written to provoke us. I an others tried to debate you, to give you suggestions in order for you to debate better and called you on your errors. Maybe ignoring is what you need because you certainly do not seem to be here for any reason other than to inflame or provoke those whose views are different from yours. In the last few days others have called you out as well as me. At the beginning of this year you were good in that you tried to communicate your views without the anger and hatred that you seem to carry however that soon disappeared and you are worse than ever. People even commented on your behaviour and it is too bad that you could not maintain this.

I have never insulted or called out your belief that there is a god or not. I have only called out your words that you use to attack or discriminate others. I will put you on the ignore list in a couple of days after which I will never read your posts or respond to them. I should never had told you I would not respond to them , I do not think I actually promised that I would never do so, I will go back and see if I can find those posts and read them.

Perhaps you should go back to read the post where you claimed that animals did not have vocal chords.

Plus have you ever read anything in my posts that was a venomous hatred of the Bible or of God's people? I think God's people would be my great grandparents who were religious Jews. I do not believe in any gods or goddesses and therefore do not believe that the Bible is God's word but have no hatred for it or even for you believing in it. I do not agree that people should be able to use it as an excuse for treating others poorly or for discrimination. Again I ask of you to find one time I showed venomous hatred towards either the Bible, God or to Christians. I do not think you can as I do not hate any of those things, let alone a venomous hatred. You on the other hand seem to revel in hatred of those who do not believe in it.

Last edited by badlander; 05-17-2016 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: added last paragraph

Old 05-17-2016, 08:09 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
I said I'm fighting back. Which means your side started it by attacking our religious freedom and spreading lies about our faith like the lie that churches rarely do anything to help people or that we are bigots and haters. No, I don't care if standing up for the truth offends people. I am giving my general impression of atheists. That's a world's difference from calling someone out by name and running down their personal character. Those type of comments are done either out of malice or a desire to get a rise of me, or retaliation because you just can't stand the points I make, or a diversion tactic to look superior. None of my comments are motivated by such factors.

Quote:

If you are here for a fight and to sling insults, fully expect people to fight back.
So you'll be my friend once I start talking trash about the Bible and running down Christians. Is that how it works?

Quote:

Good grief, give me time, why don't you? Your side just doesn't play fair.

Old 05-17-2016, 08:21 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:

No wonder he thinks atheist loath him at the moment they meet him.

Go all in Jeff

Old 05-17-2016, 08:41 AM

20,013 posts, read 13,491,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissus23 View Post
I am one that believes we are all just DNA codes that exist forever as some form of DNA, just repeating the code over and over and over and over in many forms that keep evolving. Never the less it still does not explain why sentience arose after 1.2 billions years of the DNA code replicating itself. Existence has been around in this universe for over 14 billions years, and who knows what other forms of sentience exist out there. Maybe we will meet one soon that can explain it all a little bit better to us all. Nothing wrong with faith though, as it is all we have had as humans for the bulk of our short existence on this little planet called Earth.
I am not sure if you are elevating this nebulous abstraction "existence" onto some sort of pedestal but it does seem that if you are you're stopping short of deifying it, which is a common error around here.

I think it is great that we are sentient beings. It is probably quite rare but not unique in the universe. The universe is indeed impressive and there are many interesting things we have yet to discover and understand. It is part of what motivates me to cheer on humanity over the long haul despite its regular production of knuckle-draggers, enabled douchebags, world wars and the like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality