Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 09:17 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,962,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
A Christian is someone who believes in Jesus Christ and his teachings. Because other Christians have perverted those teachings, in your opinion, does not disassociate you.
Please tell us what you mean by "believes in Jesus Christ." What does that mean to you? It may mean something completely different than what other believers believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 11:39 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,917,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Was it battery acid?
Naaa.... blotter.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:37 PM

86 posts, read 79,234 times
Quote:
Please tell us what you mean by "believes in Jesus Christ." What does that mean to you? It may mean something completely different than what other believers believe.
If someone has not received Jesus Christ, being God's COMPLETED Faith (which is the work of God), they are no believer at all. Do you see the difference between DO (Christianity and everything else of this world)and DONE (God)?

Old 05-19-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
We are not called by God to kill ourselves. Yes, we are to crucify the flesh, but that is another matter.
Death is an enemy.

The real idea should be: "If one Really and Truly believes he is saved, he should patiently await the return of our Lord and be concerned for ideal acts until then.
You don't understand. We have already been saved and sanctified, in Jesus Christ, upon receiving it. Sin is to not know that.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Actually the counter question is even more interesting than this.

If one REALLY AND TRULY believes that he is going to heaven 100% guaranteed then he should simply commit suicide or pray to have his life ended ASAP, because no matter what and how you compare it, paradise is supposedly A LOT better place than earth
lol, nice try!

God wanted to take me home when I was about 4, but I really really wanted to stay here, to pull as many people out as I could (which is really irrelevant, because that's His doing. Just like in truth, it was Him directly who reached me.) and I wanted to experience this place (which so often really sucks, but you know that). I'm just letting things be what they will and trying to learn from it.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
A Christian is someone who believes on Jesus Christ as His Faith being the God's finished work for all who receive it.
WELL Amen!

Old 05-19-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I'm actually accepting what Forestville is saying.

Not so much the part about us all being perfect in Jesus. However, what is important is that gays (and disadvantaged folks) are not being judged or condemned.
We're all going to the lake of fire (that being our flesh, it's an untoward God generation). Everything is complete in Jesus. Satan's broken spirit realm will try to deceive us into thinking we each have something that will be eternal, but it's all going to burn.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestville native View Post
If someone has not received Jesus Christ, being God's COMPLETED Faith (which is the work of God), they are no believer at all. Do you see the difference between DO (Christianity and everything else of this world)and DONE (God)?
What do you mean by "received Jesus Christ"? Please define your terms.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Naaa.... blotter.
I don't understand. Blotter?

Old 05-19-2016, 02:55 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,917,771 times
Quote:
I don't understand. Blotter?
If you weren't there, you won't remember it. If you remember the late 1960's, you weren't there. And yes, that makes sense to those that were.

It's almost biblical in it's logic, now that I think of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality