Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 04:55 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Sure blame God and eat some form of meat this week, sound like hypocrisy
Even people who eat only plants are killing something to surive. They're killing plants.

Just because a plant can't look cute and sad doesn't mean it isn't the same mechanism: killing and consuming. Literally killing something, then stuffing that dead thing into your mouth and swallowing it. Whether or not it used to moo, it had to die and get churned in stomach acid in order for you to not be in the ground yourself.

This is the best your all-loving, capable of literally anything - anything (including maybe not needing to eat at all? It's God, remember, with every aspect of creation in every detail at its fingertips, with NO limits?) - could come up with? We MUST kill to live? We don't kill, we don't live? (Even in the Garden of Eden before the fall?)

No. It's pretty clearly a scientific development/condition of being, not a magically/celestily mandated one unless that celestial being is literally bloodthirsty and unhinged.

Last edited by JerZ; 06-07-2016 at 05:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 04:56 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,687,653 times
One story I think is really cool concerning God's abuse of animals actually shows his omnipotence. And that is the story of the 10 plagues of Egypt.

In the fifth plague, God killed all the Egyptian livestock. And then in the 10th plague he killed all the firstborn of Egypt including the livestock. God is so impressive that he killed the livestock again after they were already dead.

Now ask yourself. How is that not a miracle of God?

Old 06-07-2016, 05:01 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
One story I think is really cool concerning God's abuse of animals actually shows his omnipotence. And that is the story of the 10 plagues of Egypt.

In the fifth plague, God killed all the Egyptian livestock. And then in the 10th plague he killed all the firstborn of Egypt including the livestock. God is so impressive that he killed the livestock again after they were already dead.

Now ask yourself. How is that not a miracle of God?
Didn't he kill Job's animals too? And didn't Jesus drown a bunch of pigs that were "possessed"? Good solution. The demons already weren't alive in the sense that animals are so they weren't harmed, but the swine all died. So um...?

Old 06-07-2016, 05:55 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Sure blame God and eat some form of meat this week, sound like hypocrisy
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
why did god make everything food for something else hljc? Why all the suffering for food?

Your god is a monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindance maggie View Post
It's further proof to me that plant, insect, animal, and human life came to exist on earth through a natural course----not because of some imaginary god or divine power.
All forms of life were meant to use the earth's resources, up to and including consumption of other forms of life for nourishment. Again, it's all part of nature, not some stupid ahole god.
I'm truly interested in how you will spin this hljc.

Explain to me why your creator God isn't a monster for creating everything to be food for something else's survival?

Is that how you would have done it hljc if you were the creator?

Hope you don't have me on ignore.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:45 AM

392 posts, read 248,222 times
Texan2008: "What does the God of the Bible have against animals?"
"God of the Bible"
Contextually, the Bible of God.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:55 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overcastg4 View Post
Texan2008: "What does the God of the Bible have against animals?"
"God of the Bible"
Contextually, the Bible of God.
No, I think we are referring to the God referred to in the bible.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:29 PM

569 posts, read 552,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
Drowns millions in a temper tantrum over something humans did and loves the killing of goats to appease himself. The biggest animal abuser in the history of the world. Punishment should be an infinite life sentence banned to an alternate universe where the abuser cannot engage in this activity or any other sociopathic activity for that matter.
He is GOD.

So I do not dare in comprehending HIS thoughts. I might try to intercesse. And this much shall be through.

And the story says that all the creatures under heaven are violent or something at that time. But GOD spared a pair of each of them.

Old 06-11-2016, 12:14 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPU12345 View Post
He is GOD.

So I do not dare in comprehending HIS thoughts. I might try to intercesse. And this much shall be through.

And the story says that all the creatures under heaven are violent or something at that time. But GOD spared a pair of each of them.
So you choose to worship this - what? - wonderful, loving being instead?

"But GOD spared a pair of each of them." Wow. How merciful and kind. I'd hate to see what a cruel GOD would do!

Don't forget that this god is all powerful so anything on this planet that is allegedly his creation is exactly as he planned them to be. And you are too afraid of him to challenge him? Too afraid to dare 'comprehend HIS thoughts'? Not that I blame you. I would sh*t my pants in front of him! You think Hitler was scary? Or Stalin? They only killed something like twelve million people between them! Be afraid by all means but to actually worship him? You do worship him, right?

Old 06-11-2016, 12:43 AM

569 posts, read 552,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
So you choose to worship this - what? - wonderful, loving being instead?

"But GOD spared a pair of each of them." Wow. How merciful and kind. I'd hate to see what a cruel GOD would do!

Don't forget that this god is all powerful so anything on this planet that is allegedly his creation is exactly as he planned them to be. And you are too afraid of him to challenge him? Too afraid to dare 'comprehend HIS thoughts'? Not that I blame you. I would sh*t my pants in front of him! You think Hitler was scary? Or Stalin? They only killed something like twelve million people between them! Be afraid by all means but to actually worship him? You do worship him, right?
I do. He never hurt me, but the world does.

Old 06-11-2016, 02:26 PM

88,576 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I think He's just hungry.

Remember all that stuff about how pleasing the smell of the burning animal flesh was to Him?

Every day is the perfect day for a barbecue in the Lord's eyes.
Or maybe it was free food for priests who made the rules and said they were God's rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality