Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2016, 08:41 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
So now you must resort to demonizing and deprecating people you know nothing of because that is really your only argument left? Very intellectually weak , not to mention dishonest .

Suppose a 1st Baptist or 1st Methodist or other "1st" church realizes it's situation, that of being a church most likely largely white and whose members drive in to the inner older part of town from the outlying middle and upper class neighborhoods . They want to reach more to the people around them . One easy way is through ministries to kids, whether it be VBS, or youth things for older kids, or homework and after school type activities . If one of these churches engages in this , you are critical of them because they are , in your opinion, simply being condescending and graciously allowing the poor kids the opportunity to play with their white children, or they have some nefarious reason for reaching out to poor kids .

On the other hand, if the discussion were to be about churches that DONT reach out to the neighborhoods around them, and who don't make efforts to minister to the local neighborhood children and youth, and who publicly acknowledged they didn't feel the need to connect with and minister to the people around the church, most religious critics , likely I'll bet including you,would decry and criticize the racist and elitist white people who couldn't be bothered to actually mingle with the people right around their holy place of worship.

So for fanatics like you, they can do no right . You will find a way to criticize any action they take , or don't take, depending on what provides you with the opportunity to attack them .
I am demonizing ministries who draw in children with an agenda.

I will demonize any sanctimonious agenda allegedly helping poor children by permitting them to mix with middle class kids, and claim some sort of benefit. How white of you to do that for poor black children.

Racist and elitist white people, as you call them, should be demonized. They think it is something wonderful bringing poor black children to mix with their middle class kids.

Goody, goody, we are going to see the white kids today.
Some white lady is going to let me mix with her kids. Lucky me.
I get to go to a white church with white people today.
I am going to mingle with the white kids today. How luck am I?

I think it is very dishonest of you. You sure do make yourself feel better about those poor black kids.

Again. So glad someone stopped your Ministry. Someone was thinking.

As a life long children's advocate, I am a fanatic about their welfare. Sometimes they need protection from sanctimonious Church Ladies who allow them to mix with their children, and think is is special for poor children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 08:47 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I am demonizing ministries who draw in children with an agenda.

I will demonize any sanctimonious agenda allegedly helping poor children by permitting them to mix with middle class kids, and claim some sort of benefit. How white of you to do that for poor black children.

Racist and elitist white people, as you call them, should be demonized. They think it is something wonderful bringing poor black children to mix with their middle class kids.

Goody, goody, we are going to see the white kids today.
Some white lady is going to let me mix with her kids. Lucky me.
I get to go to a white church with white people today.
I am going to mingle with the white kids today. How luck am I?

I think it is very dishonest of you. You sure do make yourself feel better about those poor black kids.

Again. So glad someone stopped your Ministry. Someone was thinking.

As a life long children's advocate, I am a fanatic about their welfare. Sometimes they need protection from sanctimonious Church Ladies who allow them to mix with their children, and think is is special for poor children.

Your post here is a load of crap . You have no clue about the intentions or mindset of those wanting to help others, yet you pretend to some sort of mind reading knowledge of them .

The fact that all you can do is assume bad intentions without any proof shows the intellectual wasteland of both your mind and moral compass .

You are desperate in your hatred, because you have no logical reasoning behind your stance . You cannot prove what you claim , but you rant anyway because you have nothing else .

Old 06-09-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Your post here is a load of crap . You have no clue about the intentions or mindset of those wanting to help others, yet you pretend to some sort of mind reading knowledge of them .

The fact that all you can do is assume bad intentions without any proof shows the intellectual wasteland of both your mind and moral compass .

You are desperate in your hatred, because you have no logical draining behind your stance . You cannot prove what you claim , but you rant anyway because you have nothing else .
Sanctimonious Church Lady nonsense. Very white of you. Those middle class white children must be bereft they cannot mingle and mix with those black kids.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Sanctimonious Church Lady nonsense. Very white of you. Those middle class white children must be bereft they cannot mingle and mix with those black kids.

Since I don't attend church or profess any belief, do you have any clue what you are talking about ?

The fact that you , in this instance , find reaching out to neighborhood kids as wrong and nefarious is one of the more dishonest claims I have ever seen here . As I said, I have no doubt that if this same church made a point of NOT interacting with the neighborhood you would find that equally evil and elitist.

So you bittch either way. You are nothing but a hater that will find something to hate about, regardless of which way the church chose to interact with its neighbors .

As such , your views are irrelevant because of the illogic of your rantings .

Last edited by wallflash; 06-09-2016 at 09:53 AM..

Old 06-09-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Since I don't attend church or profess any belief, do you have any clue what you are talking about ?

The fact that you , in this instance , find reaching out to neighborhood kids as wrong and nefarious is one of the more dishonest claims I have ever seen here . As I said, I have no doubt that if this same church made a point of NOT interacting with the neighborhood you would find that equally evil and elitist.

So you bittch either way. You are nothing but a hater that will find something to hate about, regardless of which way the church chose to interact with its neighbors .

As such , your views are irrelevant because of the illogic of your rantings .
Okay Church Lady. Your special sanctimony is noted. Your whiteness is noted, too.

Again, your sanctimony was prevented to the betterment of all. Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 06-09-2016 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: Attempt to get around the word filter.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Okay Church Lady. Your special sanctimony is noted. Your whiteness is noted, too.

Again, your sanctimony was prevented to the betterment of all. pmod]Orphaned[/mod]

Continue to call me church lady all you wish . It serves to highlight your ignorance of my stance, which you could easily glean for yourself had you the honesty to read and understand rather than rant and hate .

Last edited by june 7th; 06-09-2016 at 12:25 PM..

Old 06-09-2016, 10:42 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
God wants roads & bridges not food stamps!!! You both sound absurd.

Keep your silly religious notions out of government. We'll all be the better for it.
Your reading comprehension or understanding is poor, that is not what was stated in previous or this current post

Old 06-09-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Continue to call me church lady all you wish . It serves to highlight your ignorance of my stance, which you could easily glean for yourself had you the honesty to read and understand rather than rant and hate .
That is so special, Church Lady, and your stance is f.o.s.

Old 06-09-2016, 11:06 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Really, tell me how is a police officer displaying an image of the cross on his vehicle infringing on people's rights?
Same could be said of the swastika.

Old 06-09-2016, 11:08 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Same could be said of the swastika.
Or a bumper sticker of a burning cross
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality