Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 12:35 AM

1 posts, read 616 times

Advertisements

What led you to the beliefs you are now practicing is something everybody have a different answer to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 02:58 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Do we actually "practice" beliefs? I mean I do not go out and exercise my beliefs or look for opportunities to act out beliefs.

I just do what it is I do if that makes sense. For example, I believe that for the most part, people are good, if not capable of good. But I also see idiots in the world that really have ZERO business consuming oxygen. That does not mean I get to ACT on that and either cut off their oxygen or start lecturing them as to how they need to change heir lives?

I believe people "change" by interacting with others and seeing behaviors that influence them--not through lecturing and intimidation.

It is like holding a gun to another's head demanding they say XYZ..the presence of the gun itself nullifies the sincerity of the words and generally only creates greater animosity towards the proselytizer.

In my mind when I hear how are you "practicing your belief," I have visions of missionaries heading up my driveway.

Old 06-06-2016, 03:34 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Before I came to Christ I dabbled in the occult arts where I could find numbers for gambling which had some numbers for low wins but not the big ones , but then my house got haunted , so I ran to Jesus Christ as there were demons , and Jesus is the only way to get rid of these pest spirits ...... So then Jesus came on my life and cleansed my house , and Jesus Spirit abides on my life to day , as God led me to his belief where He is alive .......

Old 06-06-2016, 04:16 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,864,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavenv1 View Post
What led you to the beliefs you are now practicing is something everybody have a different answer to.
Trial and error.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:22 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Before I came to Christ I dabbled in the occult arts where I could find numbers for gambling which had some numbers for low wins but not the big ones , but then my house got haunted , so I ran to Jesus Christ as there were demons , and Jesus is the only way to get rid of these pest spirits ...... So then Jesus came on my life and cleansed my house , and Jesus Spirit abides on my life to day , as God led me to his belief where He is alive .......
Any secrets you'd like to share as to how I can parlay a $100 bet into a few grand?

Did you by chance get pix or electronic voice phenomenon of the spirits?

I have done some paranormal investigations here in SouthEastern Michigan. We have pix of spirits manifesting as orbs, smoke and streaks of light.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:36 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Wonder if he d come and clean mine.......

Old 06-06-2016, 08:01 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
The belief I aspire to practice in my life, is that love has the power to impact my world for the better (best). I came to that belief through personal experience and observation.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:02 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,840,052 times
my upbringing.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:03 AM

27,547 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavenv1 View Post
I believe in science.

My reason is that scientific knowledge is the most accurate source of information that has ever been acquired in human history.

If any belief is incompatible with science, then it is simply not likely to be true (in my opinion).

Old 06-06-2016, 08:03 AM

22,148 posts, read 19,198,797 times
personal experience, trial and error, nothing else made sense or addressed the big questions with as much heart and depth, nothing else is as nourishing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality