Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 05:08 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times

Advertisements

Reincarnation has been believed for thousands of years, longer than any other known major religion. To me, it makes the most sense of all the religious views.

It's kind of scary to think of everything just stopping after you die. On the other hand, it would be no different than just going to unconscious sleep or passing out. The only consciousness we have during sleep are the moments of dreams. And I think that is what NDE is. It's the body talking to the brain in symbols. The body/mind knows when it is going to a peaceful place.

Old 06-09-2016, 05:20 PM

19,956 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
But the light.......... It's present in both life AND death. It's at the very beginning of our existence and it's at the very end of our existence.
Light is present in between too. So is gravity. So is heat. So is water. You are just seeing a pattern that you want or need to see. This is known as "confirmation bias".

Old 06-09-2016, 05:25 PM

19,956 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Reincarnation has been believed for thousands of years, longer than any other known major religion. To me, it makes the most sense of all the religious views.
I have never seen the point in cyclic afterlife concepts, given that your awareness and memory of your own context isn't part of it. It is the exact same thing as far as I am personally concerned, as oblivion.

The sequential afterlife of Christianity and other religions at least provides what people really (think they) want when they crave immortality, which is, for their current existence and awareness / consciousness to go on after death -- usually with the additional claim that all suffering, regret, unhappiness and tendency toward "sin" will all magically stop.

But even a sequential afterlife has the problem that it goes on forever ... and it's an open question whether that is a good thing, no matter how cushy the afterlife existence might be. I don't think people really think about what it would mean to exist forever. Every indefinite afterlife eventually becomes its own hell.

Old 06-09-2016, 05:28 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
I don't think it is "sequential" because it is starting new from the germ of consciousness, which must slowly develop and grow into a mature mind. How many people honestly remember past lives.

Old 06-09-2016, 05:36 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Correct, but I'm just trying to give details of how it happens. The scientific research of a flashing light at the very moment of conception gives it away.

We live the same life over and over with the same exact parents.
Oh Christ.

Kill me now...Wait, don't.

Old 06-09-2016, 06:42 PM

22,143 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
How many people honestly remember past lives.
everyone does when we are in-between incarnations
that's the whole point

we choose to incarnate to accomplish specific tasks.
we have free will during our lifetime, so we may or may not accomplish those tasks

in-between life times we see what we did or did not accomplish; sort of like the post-game show where we review the life we lived

if there is still something left undone, we come back to try again

Old 06-09-2016, 09:23 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, blue. It's a risky thing to do sometimes.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:25 AM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,407 times
There's no such thing as reincarnation. We only live once on this earth, only to return for visits as a spirit. At the point of death, our spirit body with our soul encased therein arises from our physical body and we pass over into the spirit world aka the Heavens, which includes the hells.

Here's a spirit's description of her experience in passing over:

"When I realized that the time had come for me to go, I did not fear to do so, but calmly waited, and thought that all my sufferings would soon end. And when my spirit left the body, I commenced to feel as if I was rising out of it, and that I was going upward to the place that I had so often heard my father speak about. But I had scarcely awakened to the fact that my spirit had left the body before your mother had me in her arms, and was trying to tell me that I had nothing to fear, or any cause to feel that I was not with those that loved me."

Truth for all people - Helen Padgett

P.S. That website has everything we need to know about where we came from, what are we doing here, and where are we going.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:40 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
So I've been absolutely fascinated about this subject for a long time and have been trying to find an answer to this mystery. I've though long and hard about this theory. Here it goes....

When people are dying, a lot of them say they see a very bright tunnel of light, but before anyone ever goes through it, they end up coming back to life. I've always found this fascinating. Just what is this tunnel of light? Where does it lead?

I've then stumbled on a scientific article that came out a little over a month ago and it states that a bright flash of light marks the very moment life begins when sperm meets the egg. Here is the article.

Bright flash of light marks incredible moment life begins when sperm meets egg

And here is another article from a scientist that suggests that when you die, time simply reboots. Here is the link.

What Happens When You Die? Evidence Suggests Time Simply Reboots

So I'm thinking the light at the end of the tunnel during death and the light at the very moment life begins are connected.

Now for how I think it all plays out:

1.) You die (not clinically dead, permanently dead)
2.) You go into the bright tunnel of light which is actually a warp back to your very beginning
3.) You go back in time to the very moment you were conceived
4.) You are alive again
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm beginning to believe that our lives are a never ending loop. We live as the same person over and over until we get something right. I've heard theories about the light at the end of the tunnel being rebirth as in coming out of the birth canal and the light is hospital lights, but a lot of people say they were born in the dark with no lights around.

My theory on the flash of light during conception makes more sense, because when you are conceived, your mother has free will on how she will proceed. By that, I mean perhaps she will choose to get an abortion, start/stop drinking, pickup smoking etc. etc.

It's the same way when a mother is seriously thinking about whether she should get an abortion or have the baby. Here's an example of what I'm trying to say: Woman thinks long and hard about having the child or getting an abortion. After a long time contemplating, she decides to abort. That life dies and goes through the bright tunnel and is conceived again. This time around the woman could be thinking long and hard, but instead of getting an abortion, she decides to keep the child.

This is free will. I believe dying and going all the way back to the moment of conception gives the woman having the child a choice to how she should proceed. Ex: abortion/don't smoke/eat healthy. etc etc.

I believe that going back all the way to the moment of conception makes more sense because think about this. When you go out in public, you see mentally slow/retarded/down syndrome/physically challenged people at times and when they die, going back to the moment of conception, they could be reborn as a perfectly healthy person by how the mother takes care of herself and the baby. Same with a perfectly healthy person. they could be mentally/physically handicapped in their next life around. That is reality.

------------------------------------------

This is also interesting. If this is true, lets say you are the oldest of three siblings. You die and come back, but you most likely will never see your younger siblings ever again. Your parents could decide one is enough or they could could have two more siblings just like in your past life, but they wont be the same as in the previous life. You wouldn't know either way. You would just know that they are your siblings.

Now lets say you are the youngest of three siblings. You die and when you come back, your siblings are exactly the same as when you died, because time for you only went back to when you were conceived and your siblings were already alive.

So I am the oldest out of my siblings, but when I die, I will most likely never see them again, but when my youngest sister dies, she will always see me and her older siblings again.

Everyone born before you will be the same. Everyone born after you will be different. How this works, who knows, but at the same time, no one knows how the universe works.

Thank you for your time.
Judaic reincarnation...You keep coming back until you have completed all the Mitzvot...

Old 06-10-2016, 06:49 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
There's no such thing as reincarnation. We only live once on this earth, only to return for visits as a spirit. At the point of death, our spirit body with our soul encased therein arises from our physical body and we pass over into the spirit world aka the Heavens, which includes the hells.

Here's a spirit's description of her experience in passing over:

"When I realized that the time had come for me to go, I did not fear to do so, but calmly waited, and thought that all my sufferings would soon end. And when my spirit left the body, I commenced to feel as if I was rising out of it, and that I was going upward to the place that I had so often heard my father speak about. But I had scarcely awakened to the fact that my spirit had left the body before your mother had me in her arms, and was trying to tell me that I had nothing to fear, or any cause to feel that I was not with those that loved me."

Truth for all people - Helen Padgett

P.S. That website has everything we need to know about where we came from, what are we doing here, and where are we going.
Sweet! A single website which has The Truth(tm)! Awesome! I'm going to tell all my friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality