Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 02:02 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Quit trying to insert words into the mouths of other people. It is very immature.

I am sorry you are not getting the answers you expected, but twisting the words of other people is lame and dishonest.

I have twisted no ones words . I can quote your words about people crying over it if they don't like you talking about sin.

As for not getting the answers I want, I wanted a discussion of the issue . Since two Christians have shown the maturity and intelligence to respond , the problem here is obviously with you and your desire to avoid the issue .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 03:30 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I'll ask the question yet again.

What does the verse 1 Cor 5:9 mean to Christians ?

It says to quit mixing in company with fornicators. -- It means exactly what it says.---fornication = sex out of marriage.( man and woman)---- as for gays God doesn't recognize their marriages its always fornication with them.

Old 06-22-2016, 03:34 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,680,999 times
It's their natural arrogance, just like Muslims.

Old 06-22-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
It says to quit mixing in company with fornicators. -- It means exactly what it says.---fornication = sex out of marriage.( man and woman)---- as for gays God doesn't recognize their marriages its always fornication with them.

Well, to spell the entire passage out for those that for some reason don't want to see this, the passage starting at 5:9 means to judge within the church, but to not judge those not in the church . As Paul says very plainly " what have I to do with judging those outside the church ? ".

Why do so many Christians try to avoid admitting this? Is the concept of judging and condemning those outside the church so attractive to Christians that they fight tooth and nail to avoid admitting the Bible instructs you to not judge those outside church authority?

Old 06-22-2016, 08:04 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
I have twisted no ones words . I can quote your words about people crying over it if they don't like you talking about sin.

As for not getting the answers I want, I wanted a discussion of the issue . Since two Christians have shown the maturity and intelligence to respond , the problem here is obviously with you and your desire to avoid the issue .
Sure you did. You are not getting the answers you had prepared responses for, so you resort to twisting other people's words. You said I responded by saying ""I'll talk about the sins of others all I want ", which is simply not something I said. Also, contrary to your other claim, I did answer the question, but since you did not like the answer, and you responded with mockery.

Old 06-22-2016, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Well, to spell the entire passage out for those that for some reason don't want to see this, the passage starting at 5:9 means to judge within the church, but to not judge those not in the church . As Paul says very plainly " what have I to do with judging those outside the church ? ".
And this was what I said (below). It's interesting I said the same thing as you, and yet you keep parroting I refuse to answer :roll eyes:

And you pretend you are here to discuss Clearly that is not the truth.

Quote:
Cool, so why do you keep asking about it? The Bible teaches God will judge those outside of the faith. Too bad, those outside the faith won't return the favor, but then again, Jesus said they would be hated for His name. It is what it is.

Old 06-22-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Sure you did. You are not getting the answers you had prepared responses for, so you resort to twisting other people's words. You said I responded by saying ""I'll talk about the sins of others all I want ", which is simply not something I said. Also, contrary to your other claim, I did answer the question, but since you did not like the answer, and you responded with mockery.

From one of your posts

"
Me,in the meanwhile, will talk about my views, and you can cry about being condemned by it all you want, but I know I am not condemning anyone. "

I'm sure Slippery Finn, as I have been informed you are known as , has some excuse for why this isn't really saying you will continue to talk about the sins of others .

Old 06-22-2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
And this was what I said (below). It's interesting I said the same thing as you, and yet you keep parroting I refuse to answer :roll eyes:

And you pretend you are here to discuss Clearly that is not the truth.
As I told you when you first posted this, but are evidently not smart enough to grasp, you are not the only Christian here . Just because you finally have to concede the Bible says Christians are not to judge non Christians doesn't mean the topic is over because your opinion is given .

As I told you the first time, get over yourself . You do not comprise the entirety of Christian posters here .

Old 06-23-2016, 03:22 AM

Quote:
From one of your posts

"
Me,in the meanwhile, will talk about my views, and you can cry about being condemned by it all you want, but I know I am not condemning anyone. "

I'm sure Slippery Finn, as I have been informed you are known as , has some excuse for why this isn't really saying you will continue to talk about the sins of others .
Thanks for proving you did indeed twist my words. You lie in an attempt to distract form being exposed

Old 06-23-2016, 03:26 AM

Quote:
As I told you when you first posted this, but are evidently not smart enough to grasp, you are not the only Christian here . Just because you finally have to concede the Bible says Christians are not to judge non Christians doesn't mean the topic is over because your opinion is given .

As I told you the first time, get over yourself . You do not comprise the entirety of Christian posters here .
finally concede??? I was the first to say it. I am sorry you are not getting the answers you had prepared responses for. personal stabs always reveal a weak position and you seem to include them in every post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality