Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 05:20 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,286,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Thanks for proving you did indeed twist my words. You lie in an attempt to distract form being exposed

Sure, sure . You obviously DIDNT say " I'll keep talking about it and people can cry if they don't like it ".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 06:32 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,114,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
I'm Catholic. Let God and Jesus make those proclamations, not man.
He has made them- in His Word. I am simply repeating what He has said. People being ignorant of Gods Word is a huge problem. Would you rather they not know?

Old 06-23-2016, 06:36 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,378,034 times
If there was a god then ignorance of it's words and decrees might constitute a problem. But the "word" you appear to be lamenting ignorance of I see no reason to think are anything but mans words.

Old 06-23-2016, 06:36 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
He has made them- in His Word. I am simply repeating what He has said. People being ignorant of Gods Word is a huge problem. Would you rather they not know?
That's ironic...

Old 06-23-2016, 07:28 AM

1,504 posts, read 852,029 times
One of my few regrets is when a man I knew since infancy was diagnosed with cancer. We had a short discussion regarding God. He proclaimed he was an atheist. I abandoned him. He died. Later I had a lucid dream. I dreamt my friend was living in a beautiful little town. He had a different set of parents...nice people...His were in life haters. I dreamt that I was laying on a couch...then suddenly the couch was in a heavenly meadow. I was cold and weeping. My friend covered me with a blanket...showing me kindness and compassion.

My dead friend did not have the same opportunity as I did. My parents were practical believers..His parents were full of hatred and were atheists. It was not my business to persecute him and turn my back on him on his death bed. It was not his fault that he was not given the same spiritual strength as I was.

I was brought up a very old school Christian. It was not about silly virgin birth or rising from the dead. It was about TRUTH...the embracing of cold stark reality. The truth the light and the way...Christianity has been spoiled by religion.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:00 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Well, to spell the entire passage out for those that for some reason don't want to see this, the passage starting at 5:9 means to judge within the church, but to not judge those not in the church . As Paul says very plainly " what have I to do with judging those outside the church ? ".

Why do so many Christians try to avoid admitting this? Is the concept of judging and condemning those outside the church so attractive to Christians that they fight tooth and nail to avoid admitting the Bible instructs you to not judge those outside church authority?

A Christian is supposed to follow in Jesus footsteps as best they can. For the time being, Jesus came to save( try to help others learn and apply the will of God)-- A Christian isn't the judge( yet Gods word has clearly judged already) they should try to help as many as they can to learn Gods will and to apply it. Jesus is on his throne now. 99% are being mislead.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:40 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
...Christianity has been spoiled by religion.
That is one of the most profound things I've read on these forums.

And I agree totally. Christianity is a pale, wavering shadow of what it was two thousand years ago. Don't get me wrong -- there's still a lot of good in the Christian religion; treating your neighbor with kindness, repaying aggression with tolerance and patience (instead of more aggression), and trying to be the best person you know how to be are all things that Christ taught.

Where I think Christianity went wrong is in the view that thanks to centuries of selective revisionism, it began to be about 'the person' instead of 'the people'. The Bible contains many passages that show how Christ felt about those that felt they were 'above' or 'better than' other people.

John 8:7 stands as one example: 'He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her.' With that one sentence, he made his point clearly. 'You wanted me to judge this woman; tell me, then, what makes you so 'perfect' that you are untouchable.'

It's really quite sad that the real wisdom of Christ's words has been lost among all the noise.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:59 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
That is one of the most profound things I've read on these forums.

And I agree totally. Christianity is a pale, wavering shadow of what it was two thousand years ago. Don't get me wrong -- there's still a lot of good in the Christian religion; treating your neighbor with kindness, repaying aggression with tolerance and patience (instead of more aggression), and trying to be the best person you know how to be are all things that Christ taught.

Where I think Christianity went wrong is in the view that thanks to centuries of selective revisionism, it began to be about 'the person' instead of 'the people'. The Bible contains many passages that show how Christ felt about those that felt they were 'above' or 'better than' other people.

John 8:7 stands as one example: 'He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her.' With that one sentence, he made his point clearly. 'You wanted me to judge this woman; tell me, then, what makes you so 'perfect' that you are untouchable.'

It's really quite sad that the real wisdom of Christ's words has been lost among all the noise.

The problem with the world is that satan is its ruler. He owns 99% of all religion including 99% of ones claiming to be Christian. They do not teach what Jesus taught, just a little bit of what he taught. They teach the dogmas taught in the schools of men.
The teachings of Jesus are preserved in every bible--the only difference I ever found was earth-land at Matt 5:5--- 99% of all religions claiming to be Christian, throw Matt 5:5 in the garbage and teach heaven or hell as ones end--run from those religions.

Old 06-23-2016, 04:10 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Sure, sure . You obviously DIDNT say " I'll keep talking about it and people can cry if they don't like it ". :roll eyes::roll eyes::roll eyes:
LOL, more spin & twist

It is actually a prime example of what you resort to routinely. You claimed I said ""I'll talk about the sins of others all I want ", which is a lie because I never said it, and now you swapped that with another sentence taking it out of context. Very dishonest.

Old 06-23-2016, 05:20 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Sure, sure . You obviously DIDNT say " I'll keep talking about it and people can cry if they don't like it ".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
LOL, more spin & twist
It is actually a prime example of what you resort to routinely. You claimed I said ""I'll talk about the sins of others all I want ", which is a lie because I never said it, and now you swapped that with another sentence taking it out of context. Very dishonest.
What you need to understand about Finn, wallflash, is that if you do not perfectly quote his exact words, you are spinning and twisting them. He allows no inferences and refuses to acknowledge any implications of his words. He is truly very literal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality