Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 05:35 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What you need to understand about Finn, wallflash, is that if you do not perfectly quote his exact words, you are spinning and twisting them. He allows no inferences and refuses to acknowledge any implications of his words. He is truly very literal.

Actually the words I quoted from Finn in 127 was a copy and paste , so they ARE exact . I guess Finns stance is that , in a discussion about sin and condemning non Christians , when he said he would continue to talk about "my views" and people could " cry about being condemned ", it really wasn't about the actual topic of discussion, namely sin and judgementalism .

I understand Finn is world famous for this sort of denial and avoidance behavior .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 05:47 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What you need to understand about Finn, wallflash, is that if you do not perfectly quote his exact words, you are spinning and twisting them. He allows no inferences and refuses to acknowledge any implications of his words. He is truly very literal.
Not at all. That is also a very dishonest claim.

Old 06-23-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Actually the words I quoted from Finn in 127 was a copy and paste , so they ARE exact . I guess Finns stance is that , in a discussion about sin and condemning non Christians , when he said he would continue to talk about "my views" and people could " cry about being condemned ", it really wasn't about the actual topic of discussion, namely sin and judgementalism .

I understand Finn is world famous for this sort of denial and avoidance behavior .
Would you like to quote the entire post of mine, and then we can compare it to your version of it

Yes, I will continue to speak about what the Bible says, and if you feel it condemns you, then you should think about why that is the case. I know its nice to have a finger to point at, but you are barking at the wrong tree.

Old 06-23-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Would you like to quote the entire post of mine, and then we can compare it to your version of it

Yes, I will continue to speak about what the Bible says, and if you feel it condemns you, then you should think about why that is the case. I know its nice to have a finger to point at, but you are barking at the wrong tree.

You keep on as if you think I feel you are judging me . Why is that ? Can you not have a discussion solely on the facts ? I care nothing about your opinion of me , and I lead a boring , married life at 50+ to my original wife of 30+ yrs, so needing to feel OK about sinning isn't on the radar .

If you wish to explain how what you said really isn't what you meant, have at it . Others here, many in fact, have noted your typical slippery avoidance behavior, so I'm not concerned about your claims .

Old 06-23-2016, 07:21 PM

Quote:
You keep on as if you think I feel you are judging me . Why is that ? Can you not have a discussion solely on the facts ? I care nothing about your opinion of me , and I lead a boring , married life at 50+ to my original wife of 30+ yrs, so needing to feel OK about sinning isn't on the radar . .
Is my request too much for you

Old 06-23-2016, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Is my request too much for you

Not at all . I invited you to quote it and explain it if you wish . Why do you want me to do your work for you ? Can you not quote it here and explain it ?

In short , I am not worried about your opinion. Your reputation is well known . But knock yourself out and I will respond as needed .

Old 06-23-2016, 07:30 PM

Heck , on second thought I have nothing better to do for the 2 minutes it took me to do this. Knock yourself out explaining how this isn't you talking about how you will keep talking about sinful behavior and how you will choose to keep doing it and others can cry if they don't like it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD
Not really, Finn. Condemning others to hell for any reason is condemning others. Refusing to bake a cake for them is condemning others. Denying them the right to marry is condemning others. Refusing to employ them is condemning others. Defending this discrimination is condemning others. You can THINK what you wish, but when you allow it to affect how others are treated that is condemning others.

Finn :

If you want to I've by that rule, you need to quit talking.

Think, don't talk.

Me, in the meanwhile, will talk about my views, and you can cry about being condemned by it all you want, but I know I am not condemning anyone.

I know you want people to shut up about the Bible, but in reality there is nothing you can do about it, so take your own advice, and just think about your own views, and don't talk about them.

See ya, and happy thoughts.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Not at all . I invited you to quote it and explain it if you wish . Why do you want me to do your work for you ? Can you not quote it here and explain it ?
I can't quote something I never said. You made it up. You lied, so of course you won't quote it.

Enjoy your game of spin & twist. Unfortunately you'll have to continue with someone else.

Have a nice day.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Heck , on second thought I have nothing better to do for the 2 minutes it took me to do this. Knock yourself out explaining how this isn't you talking about how you will keep talking about sinful behavior and how you will choose to keep doing it and others can cry if they don't like it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD
Not really, Finn. Condemning others to hell for any reason is condemning others. Refusing to bake a cake for them is condemning others. Denying them the right to marry is condemning others. Refusing to employ them is condemning others. Defending this discrimination is condemning others. You can THINK what you wish, but when you allow it to affect how others are treated that is condemning others.

Finn :
If you want to I've by that rule, you need to quit talking.

Think, don't talk.

Me, in the meanwhile, will talk about my views, and you can cry about being condemned by it all you want, but I know I am not condemning anyone.

I know you want people to shut up about the Bible, but in reality there is nothing you can do about it, so take your own advice, and just think about your own views, and don't talk about them.

See ya, and happy thoughts.
LOL You did it again. I asked you to quote me saying the words you inserted in my mouth, and instead of doing that, you quote me saying something else.

You can't make it up folks

Yes, I will continue to speak about my views, as do pretty much everyone here. You are one of the few who come here to lie about the views of others. You lied about what I said and now you are doing a never ending chicken dance to deflect from it.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:52 AM

Quote:
LOL You did it again. I asked you to quote me saying the words you inserted in my mouth, and instead of doing that, you quote me saying something else.

You can't make it up folks

Yes, I will continue to speak about my views, as do pretty much everyone here. You are one of the few who come here to lie about the views of others. You lied about what I said and now you are doing a never ending chicken dance to deflect from it.

Not at all . The quote clearly shows that you said you would continue to do what Mystic and the thread topic suggested you don't do, namely talk about the sins of others, and that if they didn't like it they could go cry about it . And that's exactly what I pointed out you saying .

Your denial doesn't concern me . It , in fact, follows exactly as Mystic predicted , so you in fact confirmed Mystics analysis of your behavior . As I said , your reputation is so well known that people can predict how you will act before you do so. I'm not worried that anyone looking at it without bias takes Slippery Finns excuse seriously . While I respect Mystics views , Mystic and I are not exactly buds that he backs me up from friendship .

Last edited by wallflash; 06-24-2016 at 08:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality