Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 04:46 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times

Advertisements

No Vizio, you DON"T know what god said; you only know what uneducated people claimed he said thousands of years ago. Your bible is nothing more than a bunch of stories, and sets of rules written for the purpose of controlling the masses, and it is still controlling you and others to this day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 04:49 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No Vizio, you DON"T know what god said;
Of course I do. He inspired it in the Bible. I'm sorry if you don't believe it. I really am. I'd hate to have to live my life thinking this is all there is.

Old 06-29-2016, 04:54 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I believe he's bought into the lie. I'm sure he's a smart guy, but I disagree with him. He looks at the evidence and sees evolution. I see a common designer.

Yes, I know he's smart. I will never know more than he does on scientific matters. On the other hand, I do know more on theology than he will likely ever know. I know what God has said. I believe him over evolutionists.

So what you are saying then is scientific fact doesn't matter because your faith informs you on matters of science .

So let me ask you this then . Science shows that humans are kin to other apes . This is not scientifically disputable . You have to deny science on this . Ponder this then . No one would dispute that rats and mice are related and share a common ancestor . It's obvious . But genetically humans and chimps are closer percentage wise than rats or mice . In addition, chimps and human share certain DEFECTIVE genes . Certain systems in humans are broken at the VERY SAME points the system is broken in chimps . How does this happen ?

The big question is this . If God designed us and we are not a product of evolution, then why did God do so in such a way to make it look like we evolved from apes ? Because ALL the evidence suggests we do, and if religion belief didn't come into play no one would question the obvious evidence . So why did God do this ? Why design a human in such a way as to deceive humans and make it appear to science that humans come from the ape family ?

Old 06-29-2016, 04:58 PM

Quote:
I'd hate to have to live my life thinking this is all there is.
I've heard other Christians say this . To me, this is an incredibly sad statement, and reflects poorly on the Christian outlook towards life .

Old 06-29-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
So what you are saying then is scientific fact doesn't matter because your faith informs you on matters of science .
It's not a fact. It's a theory. It's never been oberved and is only accepted by many as a fact because they have observed evidence that they choose to interpret the way they do.
Quote:
So let me ask you this then . Science shows that humans are kin to other apes . This is not scientifically disputable . You have to deny science on this . Ponder this then . No one would dispute that rats and mice are related and share a common ancestor . It's obvious . But genetically humans and chimps are closer percentage wise than rats or mice . In addition, chimps and human share certain DEFECTIVE genes . Certain systems in humans are broken at the VERY SAME points the system is broken in chimps . How does this happen ?
Science has shown a common design. That's it.
Quote:

The big question is this . If God designed us and we are not a product of evolution, then why did God do so in such a way to make it look like we evolved from apes ? Because ALL the evidence suggests we do, and if religion belief didn't come into play no one would question the obvious evidence . So why did God do this ? Why design a human in such a way as to deceive humans and make it appear to science that humans come from the ape family ?
You should ask God that. Let me know if he tells you.

Old 06-29-2016, 05:12 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Of course I do. He inspired it in the Bible. I'm sorry if you don't believe it. I really am. I'd hate to have to live my life thinking this is all there is.
It is only your say so, and others like you, that revert to the "he inspired the writers", with no evidence that it is the case.

And as there can be no evidence, ever, you rely on your imagination in the stories told therein. Even in the 21st century.

Old 06-29-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
It's not a fact. It's a theory. It's never been oberved and is only accepted by many as a fact because they have observed evidence that they choose to interpret the way they do.
Still using the under and uneducated vernacular form of the word "theory", pastor? That means you are WILLFULLY ignorant at best, or willfully DECEITFUL at the worst. It has been explained to you many, many times, by many members here what theory refers to in science.

So, are you being DECEITFUL or IGNORANT, pastor?

Old 06-29-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Still using the under and uneducated vernacular form of the word "theory", pastor? That means you are WILLFULLY ignorant at best, or willfully DECEITFUL at the worst. It has been explained to you many, many times, by many members here what theory refers to in science.

So, are you being DECEITFUL or IGNORANT, pastor?
I'm not the one taking an unproven theory and arguing that it's a proven fact.

Old 06-29-2016, 05:42 PM

Quote:

This is a patently false statement . Genetics has proven evolution beyond a doubt . It has confirmed previous ideas, and rendered the creationist claim " it's never been observed " meaningless and irrelevant .

Would you question the DNA testing that confirmed a loved ones murderer ? Would you question the paternity testing showing a deadbeat dad to a daughter or granddaughter? I doubt it, so your stance is hypocritical . Science is good when it works for you and says what you want . Science isn't correct when it conflicts with your religious beliefs, no matter how silly those beliefs .

Quote:

Science has shown a common design. That's it.
Get real . Common defective genes specific to humans and apes does not simply indicate common design . It indicates common descent . Your claim otherwise is that God designed man and ape with the same working systems , then deliberately but individually broke these systems in the same identical way at the same identical genetic marker, in both humans and apes, so that both have DESIGNED flaws in identical places .

Surely this is too much even for you to swallow .

Quote:

You should ask God that. Let me know if he tells you.
In other words, you have no explanation and resort to this as a dodge .

Why do Christians fear so much to answer questions ? I have never seen a bunch that runs from discussions more than conservative Christians .

Old 06-29-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
I'm not the one taking an unproven theory and arguing that it's a proven fact.

Pastor, you have been told many times what a scientific theory is, and how it comes about to be. You willfully are misusing the word, and remember, it is not your flock you are talking to here. We don't swallow all the stuff you give out.

Here's another theory:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality