Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 07:18 AM

10,089 posts, read 5,737,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
The article you chose to quote is so biased that it can't even be considered a journalism source.

Here are some examples:

The article said:

When our country began to grant full civil rights to black Americans, the moral statement we made was that African-Americans must be treated as the human beings they are.

When we gave marriage rights to same-sex couples, the moral statement we made was that homoeroticism was worthy of moral celebration.

What it SHOULD have said was:

When our country began to grant full civil rights to black Americans, the moral statement we made was that African-Americans must be treated as the human beings they are.

When we gave marriage rights to same-sex couples, the moral statement we made was that same-sex couples must be treated as the human beings they are.

Then only thing you are doing here is showing your OWN bias by recreating the statement to fit your moral beliefs. Since you think there is absolutely nothing wrong with homosexuality activity then of course you are going to charge that anyone is bias who doesn't agree. It is still an activity that one must choose to do. A person can't choose their race therefore there isn't a single valid argument to support racism.

Now I don't support discrimination at all against gay people. But that position has absolutely nothing to do with their physical desires or activities. I believe it is wrong because strip away a person's activities, strip away their physical traits and we are all the same human beings, flesh, blood and bone. It's wrong to treat any of us as lesser people. I am against discrimination of human beings.

Funny that anytime an article threatens your side's viewpoint then response is "oh that's just an opinion piece" "oh that's a conservative author" "oh he's too biased". As if those are counter arguments. They are not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 07:44 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
A person's activities has nothing to do with your humanity. It's an activity. Not a defining unchangeable human trait. Discriminating against left handed people is a comparison that works. LGBTQ is nothing but a man made classification. No different than if I suddenly declared that pizza lovers should be a protected class of citizens.
But you are promoting a man who claims erotic activity matters. That means your erotic activity is on the table. So how does your erotic activity align with your humanity?

Your humanity is unchangable. That goes the same for LGBTQ. They can no more change their identity than you can.

Left handed? People had pretty strange beliefs about us lefties and ambi's. We were considered evil and others made every attempt to change the way we write.

People have the same ignorant ideas about LGBTQ. They can be straight. Not possible.

It is entirely possible to force a left-handed person change to a dominant right hand. It serves no purpose. It is ignorant. Any attempt is about control, and not what the child needs. It is really never successful.

There is no point in denying a child that tells you they are not a boy, or not a girl. As a loving parent, you wait and see without judgement. If you are controlling, you are denying your child. Forcing your child to be another identity is just as bad as forcing a lefty to use their right hand. It is ignorant.

As a left handed and ambidextrous person I adapted to a right- handed world. Adapting means I start my notebooks from back. I turn my paper to write. I learned to use right handed scissors, because left handed scissors suck. I sewed from the back side of the machine. I learned to knit and crochet, rebuild an engine, and tune a car by standing behind my right handed parents. I never changed my handedness. I am not capable of changing my handedness. I am no different than the rest of my family. I am simply left-handed and ambidextrous. We are the same, but different. Same with LGBTQ.

I am still amazed when someone notices I am left-handed. I never notice if someone is right handed.

LGBTQ is no different. I cannot change my handedness, or sexual identity. Neither can you.

You are delving into the ridiculous when you compare your brothers and sisters to food. Ignorance is a terrible thing.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:18 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
I still can't figure out why the gays are forcing themselves on people.
Why don't they open their own Christian church?

Heck, if I had the ability I would open a gay church and make ton of money telling them how saved they are.

to Ron: We notice because

in sports it's an advantage sometimes.
or when you're standing in a crowed bar the lefty keeps bumping my glass.
get it?

Old 06-26-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I still can't figure out why the gays are forcing themselves on people.
Why don't they open their own Christian church?

Heck, if I had the ability I would open a gay church and make ton of money telling them how saved they are.

to Ron: We notice because

in sports it's an advantage sometimes.
or when you're standing in a crowed bar the lefty keeps bumping my glass.
get it?
hahahahaha

Or, you keep bumping mine. In sports I have no advantage. I played fetch(tennis) as an ambi, baseball as a lefty, and golf as a leftie. I still suck.

However, have you ever noticed most people on line go to the right? We lefties have the inside scoop for the shorter line..... go left.

I do not think a Gay Christian needs to open their own church, and they are not forcing themselves on anyone. They are simply LGBTQ practicing their faith. They should be able to go to the Church of their choice.

You can still make lots of money by opening your business to serve everyone. A big smile and love of your product is the key.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:32 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,680,560 times
Does anybody know what this CA bill actually says? We've been thru 77 posts, but the OP link didn't actually have any information about what the bill would actually do.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Does anybody know what this CA bill actually says? We've been thru 77 posts, but the OP link didn't actually have any information about what the bill would actually do.
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/15-16/bill/sen/sb_1101-1150/sb_1146_bill_20160623_amended_asm_v94.pdfhttp:

//www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/postquery?bill_number=sb_1146&sess=CUR&house=B&aut hor=lara_%3Clara%3E

Old 06-26-2016, 09:08 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,680,560 times
Thank you for looking that up for me.

So, just exactly what is the problem with it? Maybe somebody that doesn't like the bill can explain which provision is the problem.

It seems to me that it has some disclosure requirements, but I don't see why that is a problem.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:15 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
hahahahaha

Or, you keep bumping mine. In sports I have no advantage. I played fetch(tennis) as an ambi, baseball as a lefty, and golf as a leftie. I still suck.

However, have you ever noticed most people on line go to the right? We lefties have the inside scoop for the shorter line..... go left.

I do not think a Gay Christian needs to open their own church, and they are not forcing themselves on anyone. They are simply LGBTQ practicing their faith. They should be able to go to the Church of their choice.

You can still make lots of money by opening your business to serve everyone. A big smile and love of your product is the key.
My pop got the "lefty" beat out of him. 1927-2000, He said, "that's what they did, now I have the use of both hands". He also change his last name because "Are you kidding, they wouldn't buy from a Pollock back then".

over all, what's better? things working together for a common goal? national or religion? you pick. or each "group" pulling only for that group? Marginalized running the show? or majority running the show. It's not pretty, feel good, or even right.

And I don't have an answer. I know what I see in america is not the answer ... On either side.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:20 AM

23,166 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
My pop got the "lefty" beat out of him. 1927-2000, He said, "that's what they did, now I have the use of both hands". He also change his last name because "Are you kidding, they wouldn't buy from a Pollock back then".

over all, what's better? things working together for a common goal? national or religion? you pick. or each "group" pulling only for that group? Marginalized running the show? or majority running the show. It's not pretty, feel good, or even right.

And I don't have an answer. I know what I see in america is not the answer ... On either side.
I like how you talk, just the way you talk.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:24 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
A person's activities has nothing to do with your humanity. It's an activity. Not a defining unchangeable human trait. Discriminating against left handed people is a comparison that works. LGBTQ is nothing but a man made classification. No different than if I suddenly declared that pizza lovers should be a protected class of citizens.
Pizza lovers should be a protected class of citizen - if the religious found something in the Bible they interpreted as making Pizza satanic and wanted to pass laws to stop them eating it.

It would then be about their rights AND about the morality of discriminating against them. BLTG is - like Species (and Christianity) a man -made classification (as we can tell by how much disagreement about who and who is not a Christian)s a label to define something that happens in our world (even if it was a "Choice" which view is very doubtful). Since it has been decided that there is nothing wrong with it, then they have rights like you and me and Pizza -eaters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality