Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 06:58 PM

8,271 posts, read 8,652,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Interesting fact of the day: 90% of all terrorism committed on US soil is not done by Muslims. There are more Jewish terrorist here than Muslims. Way more "other" (read: random nutjobs, mostly with guns). "Left wing groups" are four times the problem that Muslims are.

Another factoid that bears repeating is that American Muslims (Muslims who are, you know, American citizens) are more prosperous and better educated than average, and very hard to radicalize as a result. Which is the real answer to Muslim extremism. Find effective ways to combat poverty and hopelessness in Muslim countries, and you deal with Muslim extremism.
Old numbers and a different definition of terrorist than most people use. I never heard of anyone thinking drug cartels are terrorists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 07:21 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I can't see why they keep harping on Beheadings, bombings...Muslims build hospitals, schools, free soup (Halal).
Exactly.

Hamas is the largest social service agency in Palestine, operating hospitals, nurseries, schools, orphanages, soup kitchens, women's activities, library services and even sporting clubs.By the 1990s, some 85% of its budget was allocated to the provision of social services.

Hamas also has a nasty side; its support of terrorist activities. Sort of like when Christians were the only ones who ran hospitals, at the same time running the Inquisition and witch burnings.

Old 06-30-2016, 07:24 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why wouldn't it? They have the same religious rights as anyone else.

Having said that, it's easy to see why people would be a little leery of making a blanket statement that a Muslim has the right to practice their religion, what with the fact that almost every terrorism act in the news is almost universally done by a MUSLIM.

Is it right that they discriminate? Not really. But it's understandable. It's not Methodists blowing themselves up in airports.
You have been told before, but must have forgot, or preferred to ignore it, but since 9/11 in the USA, there have been more terrorist deaths by Christians than Muslims.

Please don't repeat your misunderstanding. If you do, one might think you are doing it on purpose.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-mus...merica/5333619

From the article:
Based on our review of the approximately 2,400 terrorist attacks on U.S. soil contained within the START database, we determined that approximately 60 were carried out by Muslims.

Amazing what that adherence to fairy tales will do.

EDIT:

I see Mordant made the same link. My points stand.

Old 06-30-2016, 07:31 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,473,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
I never heard of anyone thinking drug cartels are terrorists.
Many politicians & public figures have claimed that over the years; also that drug cartels work with terrorists.

Mexican Drug Cartels Helping Terrorists Explore U.S. Targets - Stumpin' For Trump!

Mexican drug cartels considered terrorists? - CNN.com

Old 06-30-2016, 08:06 PM

19,998 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Old numbers and a different definition of terrorist than most people use. I never heard of anyone thinking drug cartels are terrorists.
Those are FBI figures. There are other FBI figures that put the percentage of Muslims even lower.

Anyone who commits violent crime to terrorize is a terrorist. They don't have to wear a funny hat or shout "god is great" in Arabic.

Well maybe anyone but a white guy -- that would be a lone wolf or mental problems.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:35 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,542 times
Quote:
Considering that drug cartels have the Mexican government by the 'huevos' (Spanish for balls), I think terrorist is a pretty reasonable label for them.

Bare in mind, I do not support the war on drugs. Their power is not lessened by our drug policy. If anything, full legalization (or at least decriminalization) of drugs would stop their major cash flow and possibly give the Mexican government a change to right back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality