Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2016, 07:25 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Heaven forbid a Christian website want to keep their membership exclusive to Bible believing Christians. I suppose you think churches should allow gay members as well, right?
There are gay Christians.

And given what I've read about Jesus, he wouldn't consider a church that doesn't allow gay membership worthy of being called Christian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 08:19 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
There are gay Christians.

And given what I've read about Jesus, he wouldn't consider a church that doesn't allow gay membership worthy of being called Christian.

Homosexual membership has always been allowed by (Christ Jesus) in The Church of Jesus. Jesus said let the wheat grow with the tare let the tare grow with the wheat at the (End Time) I will separate the two.

Homosexuals are not allowed in positions of leadership meaning that those in the active Homosexual lifestyle aren't allowed active leadership roles. And JESUS never started this Homosexual Christian Dogma that homosexuality is not a sin in the church body Homosexual are free to associate with the full body of believers.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:56 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
In our society the courts get to decide whether their rights were violated--not you--or me. If you are unhappy with it, elect Careful Hairful Donnie as President and then petition him about it. He's certainly unafraid to name many groups as enemies of the state--maybe that's what he would do with gays!

Then again, as unpredictable as he is--he may order the dating service to provide a separate but equal service for gays and provide it free for the first year.

When dealing with crackpots, whether religious or not, ya just never know. But for now--the courts are informing the public about what is discrimination and what is not.

And I have said from the beginning that the legality of this is not the issue . The courts spoke, and that is it unless higher courts decide otherwise .

This was/is a discussion about whether any real discrimination took place . From your post and the one previous by cupper, it seems that honest discussion is not desired , and instead will be met with suggestions that anyone not in absolute agreement with the thought police are better suited for life in some place that is homophobic .

Which requires of those suggesting such complete ignorance of all my previous stances firmly for gay rights , gay marriage , etc. and my total opposition to the fundies here on CD .

Some folks just fear honest discussion it seems . There was no discrimination here , no one has adequately responded to how two men were discriminated against simply because a business did not provide the product the gay men wanted , and since the intellectual arsenal of those who disagree with me is empty we now move into the phase where we begin to imply homophobia on the part of anyone who doesn't wholeheartedly accept these two guys , who were likely professional gunslingers looking for a gunfight , were horribly harmed by the dating site .

Typical .

Last edited by wallflash; 07-04-2016 at 09:50 AM..

Old 07-04-2016, 09:20 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You really are easy to see through. When it suits you, it is government decision and Law (like your ridiculous claim that the validity of the Bible is decided by the US administration) but when a it's decision of human rights (which is no more down to a referendum than whether the earth is thousands or millions of years old) that you have some kind of argument with, it becomes a decision of a corrupt legal system that ought to be shouted down by a Bible-waving rentamob.

Fortunately, nobody here is fooled by you.
Of course...you fully realize that my breaking out that, IMO wrong-headed, Law that declares the Bible "The Word Of God" and mandates a study of it, is me being facetious. As is my oft noting of things like the "Dred Scott Decision".
I cite them as a case-in-point to illustrate that a mention of Laws and Court decisions is a bogus method of illustrating what is "right", or "just", or "truth".
But even knowing (or should have the minimum intuitive ability to know) my intentions...you use my noting it as an argument against me, trying to point out hypocrisy.
You know better than that Bro. You know I hold Legislatures and Judiciaries in very low regard...all around. I have railed on that as much, or more, than anyone here. Laws and Court decisions mean squat IMO...I make my own assessments.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Ahhh, WTH then. SCOTUS must always have been corrupt, at least since 1803 then. Bugger. No sense living in a country that is ruled by the rule of law.

Define corrupt.
I use "Corrupt", in this particular context to mean deviating from the pure basis they are supposed to using for their rulings...and instead ruling based on their personal preferences as to how they would like things to be.
I suggest something that has never been done before (that I know of)...Pure Democracy. Let a majority consensus of the people determine how the society they live in should be. You can never please everybody...so please the most possible. That is the most "fair" way, IMO.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:43 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
First , thanks for the reply .

But a business no longer gets to decide what products they will sell ? If a minority feels discriminated against because a product they want isn't available , they can sue and force the business to provide that product for them ?

Would this make sense to any intelligent person ?

I agree 100% my post number #67 was just dealing with churches and Christian organizations that are (501c Not For Profits Corpoations ) they are exempt but a (Business For Profit Corporation) as (Christian Mingle) will never be exempt.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:11 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I use "Corrupt", in this particular context to mean deviating from the pure basis they are supposed to using for their rulings...and instead ruling based on their personal preferences as to how they would like things to be.
I suggest something that has never been done before (that I know of)...Pure Democracy. Let a majority consensus of the people determine how the society they live in should be. You can never please everybody...so please the most possible. That is the most "fair" way, IMO.
Well, in that case you would love living in an Islamic country, or in the South before 1861, and you must of loved living back in the 1950's when being a homosexual or lesbisn was illegal, as the majority consensus of the people deemed that to be prim and proper.

No, it is NOT fair to have the majority discriminate against a minority, ever.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Well, in that case you would love living in an Islamic country, or in the South before 1861, and you must of loved living back in the 1950's when being a homosexual or lesbisn was illegal, as the majority consensus of the people deemed that to be prim and proper.

No, it is NOT fair to have the majority discriminate against a minority, ever.
No matter what the Law...not all will agree, and some will feel they are suffering "discrimination".
I feel the "best" and most "fair" way, is have the least amount of people to "suffer from discrimination" at any given time.
Why would you want "more" discrimination instead of "less"?

Old 07-04-2016, 11:31 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Weird. I thought "Christian Mingle" was a website for Christians to mingle. I guess that's not allowed.
There are gay Christians. They do not interpret the Bible as you do.

Old 07-04-2016, 03:06 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
There are gay Christians. They do not interpret the Bible as you do.

You have yet to explain how you are qualified to determine who is and isn't a Christian.

Of course, ChristianMingle realizes that the Bible does not mention anything about same-sex marriage or relationships being valid, and they should not be forced to allow it. It is a violation of religious rights to force them to do so. But hey...it's only Christians! Our rights don't matter, do they?

Here's an idea: Instead of acting insulted and all manufacturing a reason to complain, go build your own website. This is supposed to be a free country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality