Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 07:25 PM

20,013 posts, read 13,491,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Why would they request an action that will only ignite even worse PR?
You are assuming that they have a good and rational reason. People (regardless of beliefs) are very often irrational, get bad advice, and use faulty reasoning.

It is reasonable to assume, given that we are talking about outing two minors who were sexually assaulted, that the are being one or more of: irrational, taking bad advice, or using faulty reasoning of some kind. Because there is really no good reason to do some things -- and no good reason to support the doing of some things, or to assume some far-fetched hypothetical justification as if it is likely to be true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 04:46 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Church tries to punish girls who sued over sex abuse by outing them:

What kind of animals are these christians to re-victimize these girls, just because the church lost a lawsuit?

WTH drives them to state, ’They should not be able to hide’. Christians talk about the morality they get from their bible, but do they live it when push comes to shove? Heck NO! They are the most moral decrepit organizations, and individuals there is. Scum.

Abuse, whether sexual or physical, of children, and those that enable and excuse it, need to be denounced by all. If you are a christian who doesn't, then you are as complicit as these individuals.
They aint all like that kingfish, but I am with you on this one, they look more like darkness and evil rather than light and love.

What a damn shame.

I felt re-victimized when I had confronted my past and went o a doctor, even a group session where they re victimized everyone who was there. These poor woman abused by fathers, uncles and brothers and they has us going to re visit that time and the leader started talking in a child's voice saying,'' Don't daddy.''
Well that's all I could stand, I stood up and made a speech how this supposed religious was abusing them and taking advantage of that abuse and more the half the women got up and followed me, what poc. People running around making money on other people's misery.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:45 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
A post that made me think. You know the point is sometimes made that this or that poster starts a thread to bash religion with such things. We do, I have to admit, look like we use it not so much out of concern for the victims, but as a point in the ongoing debate.

Well, if it is opportunism, it doesn't hurt to point up what the churches themselves should be jumping on. If they did, then we wouldn't really be able to use it in threads like this, the churches would look better than they do, and they wouldn't be so worried about the rise of the Nones as they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality