Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 01:05 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times

Advertisements

Church tries to punish girls who sued over sex abuse by outing them:

What kind of animals are these christians to re-victimize these girls, just because the church lost a lawsuit?

WTH drives them to state, ’They should not be able to hide’. Christians talk about the morality they get from their bible, but do they live it when push comes to shove? Heck NO! They are the most moral decrepit organizations, and individuals there is. Scum.

Abuse, whether sexual or physical, of children, and those that enable and excuse it, need to be denounced by all. If you are a christian who doesn't, then you are as complicit as these individuals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 04:17 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
America got loony laws with 17 years old go to jail for hitting on 14 year old and calling it abuse , where it could be just an love affair of kids ...... So then get the court to kick the girls out for suite cases should not the courts business , but if the church wants the girls out for peace sake that they should be any to remove anybody they need........ See it is for peace sake where people with hatred cannot go to church activities , so you can hate the Christians and call them scum but you are wrong again and again

Old 07-02-2016, 04:29 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post

What kind of animals are these christians to re-victimize these girls, just because the church lost a lawsuit?

WTH drives them to state, ’They should not be able to hide’. Christians talk about the morality they get from their bible, but do they live it when push comes to shove? Heck NO! They are the most moral decrepit organizations, and individuals there is. Scum.

Abuse, whether sexual or physical, of children, and those that enable and excuse it, need to be denounced by all. If you are a christian who doesn't, then you are as complicit as these individuals.
So now rawstory is a credible source? Of course, we only get one side of the story here. I want to hear from the church officials why they would feel it necessary to have the victims names published. Instead, we only get your assumption that they are doing it out of spite and immorality.

I find it sad that you apparently just comb for anything negative against Christians. You find these isolated events and then make garbage statements like ". Christians talk about the morality they get from their bible, but do they live it when push comes to shove? Heck NO! "

Hey guess what a church does in my area? They provide housing, support and job assistance for women who are in abusive relationships or unexpected pregnancies. They have a home and a family. A fine example of scummy Christian immorality, right?

Old 07-02-2016, 06:45 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So now rawstory is a credible source? Of course, we only get one side of the story here. I want to hear from the church officials why they would feel it necessary to have the victims names published. Instead, we only get your assumption that they are doing it out of spite and immorality.
A good point. Why don't you find out instead of just assuming that there is a perfectly good reason?

Quote:
I find it sad that you apparently just comb for anything negative against Christians. You find these isolated events and then make garbage statements like ". Christians talk about the morality they get from their bible, but do they live it when push comes to shove? Heck NO! "

Hey guess what a church does in my area? They provide housing, support and job assistance for women who are in abusive relationships or unexpected pregnancies. They have a home and a family. A fine example of scummy Christian immorality, right?
Yes, he does, but it's all in a good cause, so try to look on the positive side instead of...how did you put it? "we only get your assumption that they are doing it out of spite and immorality. "

I am glad to see, however that you approve the Church supporting women in abusive relationships and girls getting pregnant...especially since none of them could possibly be well brought up Christian...what all of them?...well never mind... ..supporting the church that supports them rather than insisting the women put up with whatever her Lord and Master dishes out or denouncing the girls as sinful harlots who should be pilloried, heads shaved and thrown out to survive as best she can. I always knew, Jeff, that there was Good in you.

Old 07-02-2016, 06:55 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:

Here you go little brother.

https://baptistnews.com/article/chur...-sexual-abuse/

I have no problem with these Churches being outed.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
America got loony laws with 17 years old go to jail for hitting on 14 year old and calling it abuse , where it could be just an love affair of kids ...... So then get the court to kick the girls out for suite cases should not the courts business , but if the church wants the girls out for peace sake that they should be any to remove anybody they need........ See it is for peace sake where people with hatred cannot go to church activities , so you can hate the Christians and call them scum but you are wrong again and again
The scum is anyone, and that includes those on this forum, who excuse, ignore, enable or support ANY abuse, sexual or physical, especially of a minor. Silence is not an option either, as that enables, which is exactly what many christians (with some validity) accuse everyday muslims of doing when they do not out their terrorists.

No one who sits back or tries to justify these acts, and especially for the victims to have to relive them, is guided by any kind of positive morals. Guess their holy book failed once again.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:52 AM

Quote:

Do you or do you not support what this Baptist church is doing?

Old 07-02-2016, 11:04 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
The scum is anyone, and that includes those on this forum, who excuse, ignore, enable or support ANY abuse, sexual or physical, especially of a minor. Silence is not an option either, as that enables, which is exactly what many christians (with some validity) accuse everyday muslims of doing when they do not out their terrorists.

No one who sits back or tries to justify these acts, and especially for the victims to have to relive them, is guided by any kind of positive morals. Guess their holy book failed once again.
And you have presented ZERO evidence that anyone on this forum supports abuse or even that a single member of this church supported such an action. All we have here is one party claiming that the church knew about this guy's history. The other side says they did not have any knowledge of his past. I find it hard to believe that church leaders would purposely place a sex offender directly in a path of causing harm because they are just scum and evvvvil people.

Old 07-02-2016, 11:10 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:

What do you want from us? Are you looking for us to actually answer the question, or are you just making a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

Old 07-02-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
And you have presented ZERO evidence that anyone on this forum supports abuse or even that a single member of this church supported such an action. All we have here is one party claiming that the church knew about this guy's history. The other side says they did not have any knowledge of his past. I find it hard to believe that church leaders would purposely place a sex offender directly in a path of causing harm because they are just scum and evvvvil people.
The evidence is the court decision. The church is the one asking for the victims names to be released. Quit skewing the facts to fit your narrative. The church is guilty as heck to be doing this. And scum is the only term that is acceptable in describing them and anyone who would support them in this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality