Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 06:59 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,006,684 times

Advertisements

Kenneth Copeland and Creflo Dollar are on there talking things that are certified CRAZY. The two look like con men on the stage. Creflo starts by saying:

"Let us start by collecting the offering first."

*audience applauds*

"Yes, you all should be excited about that."

I was flipping the stations just after watching a movie with my wife and I came across the station. I said to my wife:

"Honey, watch these two guys. Just listen to the comedy material."

They did not let me down as Copeland started talking about he and Dollar going on a road trip and how they were both in the car speaking in tongues and praying "in the spirit." Could you imagine being a fly in that car and hearing that (if they are even telling the truth)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 03:28 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
Giving a offering to Jesus is a fruit of the spirit , like the story of Cain and Abel , where Abel gave his offering and was please , and Cain gave his offering and was Angry and his countenance had fallen ....God said to him ``If you do well you will be accepted ``, so if you do not do well, sin is on your door ``so go after you best desires ```......So then the deniers of Christ and Christians saying the offerings should be crazy for having pleasure in giving

Old 07-06-2016, 04:16 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
That explanation of the cain and Abel story is so confused, I wonder whether you actually understand it. I note the rather famliar lacunae dots. I have a theory ....about this.

It is the old method of theist aguemt

"This is the conclusion; what facts can we find to support it?"

In other words, you have a view, belief, dogma or opinion and you want an argument to support it. With Christians, and particularly with religious arguments, Scripture quotes are considered "Evidence".

So you then look for any quote that support ...or appears to support.. the argument and chain them together (since they don't actually form a coherent argument) with a chain -link of dots. The quotes can come from anywhere but, if one is using a Bible story as "Proof by anecdote", then there is more pressure on the quotes to serve as the links in the argument, so hy sometimes have to be reinterpreted or rephrased or even rewritten so as to serve as the Links (or looks as though they do). Fascinating; truly fascinating.

Don't worry mate, you are in very good company. Matthew and Luke do the same in the Biblequotes re.the death of Judas. Look them up and then check them against the actual OT.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 07-06-2016 at 04:29 AM..

Old 07-06-2016, 08:45 AM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Kenneth Copeland and Creflo Dollar are on there talking things that are certified CRAZY. The two look like con men on the stage. Creflo starts by saying:

"Let us start by collecting the offering first."

*audience applauds*

"Yes, you all should be excited about that."

I was flipping the stations just after watching a movie with my wife and I came across the station. I said to my wife:

"Honey, watch these two guys. Just listen to the comedy material."

They did not let me down as Copeland started talking about he and Dollar going on a road trip and how they were both in the car speaking in tongues and praying "in the spirit." Could you imagine being a fly in that car and hearing that (if they are even telling the truth)?

Con men, and they know it, those people don't believe in God no more than my dog. Sending those people money is no part of an offering to God.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:15 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1xJAVZxXg

Old 07-06-2016, 05:34 PM

17,804 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post

They did not let me down as Copeland started talking about he and Dollar going on a road trip and how they were both in the car speaking in tongues and praying "in the spirit."
What's odd about this story is that those guys were in a car. They both have 20 million dollar jets to cruise around in. Copeland has two as a matter of fact and has had up to three. He has his own airstrip and a pilot's license to boot.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:29 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Don't confuse televangelists with the local church on the corner. Their pastor drives a 2005 Impala.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:49 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
We don't. In fact the you tube begins by emphasizing that they are not in any way targeting Churches that do a lot of good work, etc.

What is odd is that some theists jump on anyone showing up these people instead of being the ones to Out them themselves. Then we wouldn't have to do it.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:09 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
We don't. In fact the you tube begins by emphasizing that they are not in any way targeting Churches that do a lot of good work, etc.

What is odd is that some theists jump on anyone showing up these people instead of being the ones to Out them themselves. Then we wouldn't have to do it.

Yes, you do. Admittedly, I didn't watch the video.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:33 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,939 times
Joel Osteen in Houston, Texas is a con man if there ever was one. His "prosperity gospel" crap that he sells gullible people is nothing short of disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality