Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 09:15 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Hey viz, at what moment in time does your omni-god choose to reboot?
You can read about it in Genesis.

To answer your question, when he "CHOSE", I believe was before time began. He is omniscient -- he knew it was going to happen. He knew that he was going to pick Noah and he knew that he'd wipe out all of humanity except his family. It's a picture of how Christ saves those that believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 09:18 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Oh yes. The NAMI Ark was quite a discussion -point here when Lifetime member C45 was our "Eusebius". He argued like mad for the NAMI Ark, dismissing all the evidence of fakery and scam when it started to come out. Particularly the piece of wood was faked to order to use in the film and then presented as real. It was no more carbon dated than my breakfast sausage.

We haven't heard a dickey bird of the NAMI Ark for years. Not since the produced their convincing looking photos of planks put together and photographed collected millions from the faithful for a Proper expedition, which never happened. NAMI has vanished,and so has the Ark and the money.
Damn yes! I remember that on these illustrious boards. That was where NAMI recorded for posterity, their historic entry inside the ark wasn't it... complete with spiders webs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
So far even talk of leaving has knocked 130 a month off my mate's pension. I bet they have articles on how global warming is a lie, too.
100 gone off mine...and I'm afraid to even risk a look at my investments. I fear that I'll be looking for the highest building if I do. Prats!

Old 07-27-2016, 09:29 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I get that. But your OP was that Ham thinks it's a fairy tale. Maybe I missed the joke of your post...maybe you were just making a funny...I didn't catch that, and if that's the case I'm sorry. I sometimes take things a bit too seriously on these boards and I'm endeavoring to lighten up a bit.

It's obvious Ham actually believes that Noah was a real man and that the event of the flood happened. This picture is part of a display illustrating the fairy tale that many people THINK of when we think of the Ark. Many of us have a cute story in our minds with the elephants and giraffes sticking their heads out of the top of the boat as they cruise along--so that's all it is to us -- a fairy tale. But we ought to at least think about it logically and realistically -- and think about how it actually happened.

Many on here have pointed out correctly that it was a horrible day for humanity -- all but 8 people on the earth were killed -- most horribly drowning. God chose to reboot and keep only 8 people alive.
You've heard it before: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

There is not a scintilla of proof of the whole Noah story, no matter how Ham and other followers want to twist, turn and give a portrayal of science when they don't even understand what the word "theory" means.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:02 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,303,910 times
Quote:
Your opinion of Ham aside, do you have a point? Do you honestly believe that he thinks that Noah's Ark is a fairy tale? Or do you think that maybe the display you attack had a different message?
Would a rational human believe it's a true story? Ham claims it is.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:22 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Quite a few millions actually and most of those are in America... the strongest country (militarily) on the planet. Frightening isn't it.
Yes. We Old Country people here looking at America as the Big One, hear that HALF the American people believe Genesis is literal fact, and we feel cold.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:26 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Would a rational human believe it's a true story? Ham claims it is.
Of course we would. I'd encourage you to take a few moments and look at the facts of it. Or go spend some time at the Ark Encounter museum.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:32 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
You've heard it before: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

There is not a scintilla of proof of the whole Noah story, no matter how Ham and other followers want to twist, turn and give a portrayal of science when they don't even understand what the word "theory" means.
More than that, even if we began with a belief in the Flood -and -Ark story...and I suppose we did...the evidence has gradually disproved it just as the evidence has disproved the rest of Genesis...and Exodus is looking none to clever these days, either, despite the efforts of Wyatt and his disciples.

Hamm has done an admirable job in a rather horrible way. He has taken all the objections to the feasibility of the Ark, come up with the best ways of getting around them, and then spent 90 millionin making a life -size model of his fantasy to make it look credible.

Does he really believe it or does he know it's a fraud and is trying some scam? There have been clues that at some level he knows it doesn't work. It also seems that at some level, he believes the account is true, and the point is not to produce evidence that makes it feasible, but fake up evidence that can be passed off to the gullible as feasible. He is relying on willing Faith and the $40 (plus parking fees) regarded not as a ticket price but as treasure stored up in heaven. It looks like he bet wrong.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:51 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Quote:

To answer your question, when he "CHOSE", I believe was before time began. He is omniscient -- he knew it was going to happen. He knew that he was going to pick Noah and he knew that he'd wipe out all of humanity except his family. It's a picture of how Christ saves those that believe.
Why do you think this isn't taught in Sunday school or in bible class?

Old 07-27-2016, 10:51 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Quote:
I get that. But your OP was that Ham thinks it's a fairy tale. Maybe I missed the joke of your post...maybe you were just making a funny...I didn't catch that, and if that's the case I'm sorry. I sometimes take things a bit too seriously on these boards and I'm endeavoring to lighten up a bit.

It's obvious Ham actually believes that Noah was a real man and that the event of the flood happened. This picture is part of a display illustrating the fairy tale that many people THINK of when we think of the Ark. Many of us have a cute story in our minds with the elephants and giraffes sticking their heads out of the top of the boat as they cruise along--so that's all it is to us -- a fairy tale. But we ought to at least think about it logically and realistically -- and think about how it actually happened.

Many on here have pointed out correctly that it was a horrible day for humanity -- all but 8 people on the earth were killed -- most horribly drowning. God chose to reboot and keep only 8 people alive.

Good idea. Why don't you spend a little time thinking about the Noah's Ark story LOGICALLY and REALISTICALLY?
If you did you would come to the same conclusion any sane person over the age of 10 would. ie it never happened.

Quote:

According to your 'logic', your god knew everything would happen - taking your cute bible stories, he knew Eve would eat from the tree even though he told her not to. He knew all of humanity would get it all wrong and he'd have to drown the lot in a horrible mass murder, bar 8 people.
So basically, either he set everyone up to fail or he made a massive mistake and tried to correct it or he's just playing everyone like a bunch of puppets. And then in the next sentence you'll probably say that god is love.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:56 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Of course we would. I'd encourage you to take a few moments and look at the facts of it. Or go spend some time at the Ark Encounter museum.
Well, I can now say I have spent some time with the Ken Ham Mini-Me at the Creative Science museum in our village. I was underwhelmed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality