Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 11:51 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
For a guy that supposedly doesn't believe, you sure spend a lot of time asking questions. Just place your faith in Christ already--we can tell that's where you're going.
Xians hate questions. Just believe.

Need the evidence first bud. Get on your knees and talk to him for me. Tell to stop f'n around already.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:05 PM

16,677 posts, read 15,680,560 times
It's getting a bit repetitious to have to say so, but the topic of this thread is the Ark Encounter in Kentucky. Can we please at least mention it once in a while? Seriously, try to stay on topic.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:07 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
I posted this and then saw mensaguy's request to stay on topic. That being said, I think the Ken Ham Ark is also important to remind us of our past so we don't repeat the mistakes of the past. I will no longer post replies to posts not in line with the topic of Ken Ham's Ark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
By Noah and his family do you mean just his immediate family but not his great grandchildren?

do you really think that conditions in the Middle East had no factor in the creation of Hamas? Did the conditions that the English imposed on the Irish have not bearing on the terrorists groups what worked to free Eire and tried to have Northern Ireland join it?
Noah and his immediate family survived the flood. Afterward their offspring eventually brought about Muslim extremists. The four families and their offspring started nation building after Babel. It was around the 600's a.d. that Islam began.

Quote:
I appreciate you answering the question. I still do not understand the story of why all these wicked people had to be killed and their children, infants and even fetuses plus all the bunnies and kittens and baby rhinos when it the wickedness just starts over again.
It could be, though we are not told so I am hazarding a guess, but it could be that all the humans and animals were infected with specific diseases, not to mention the extreme evil taking place at the time. Most likely the animals God brought to the ark were free from the diseases all the other animals had?
I think of this like I do Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities of the plains around them. They were involved in very deviant sexual sins. It must be God saw the spread of disease from this spreading and so had to nip it in the bud right away.

Quote:
I also do not see how Hamas's fight for independence and becoming its own nation can be in Biblical literalist logic Eve's fault. Or how not looking at the reasons for the causes of terrorism and wars or suffering within man is the right way of solving problems but at the same time claiming it is man's fault. If we are so wicked that even killing almost all of us off and we become terrorist because man is wicked then why even try to solve problems like the Middle East or the Problems that was in Northern Ireland. The latter was more or less solved by humans working on a problem and the cut off of supplies to the terrorists after 911.
Because if we don't halt the evil, the evil will halt us. If we didn't stop Hitler, would we all be speaking German? Would there be any Jews left in the world? That is why we try to stop another 911 and Middle East problems. There is a prophecy concerning Ishmael's children that he would be against everyone and everyone against him. This is happening today. It is more reason to trust the Bible.

Here is the prophetic statement:
“a wild ass among men; his hand shall be against every man, and every man’s hand against him. And he shall dwell over against all his brethren” (Genesis 16:12).

Quote:
Do you not see that placing the blame on problems on man being wicked is not going to find solutions to the problems.
If man wasn't wicked there would be no problems to begin with.

Ken Ham's ark is important to remind us that because of God, you and I are here to even post these messages. If Noah and family and animals didn't make it, none of us would be here today. We have much to be thankful for. The ark reminds me of that.

Last edited by Eusebius; 07-19-2016 at 12:24 PM..

Old 07-19-2016, 12:10 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Xians hate questions. Just believe.

Need the evidence first bud. Get on your knees and talk to him for me. Tell to stop f'n around already.
I'd encourage you to go check out the Ark exhibit. If I make it there next summer you can meet me there. Maybe you'll get some of that evidence. I have shown you plenty of other evidence but you just aren't willing to see it.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:19 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,740,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
It's getting a bit repetitious to have to say so, but the topic of this thread is the Ark Encounter in Kentucky. Can we please at least mention it once in a while? Seriously, try to stay on topic.

I tried... I asked if 2 of the books and 2 of the velociraptors from the creation museum down the road could come aboard.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
I'd encourage you to go check out the Ark exhibit. If I make it there next summer you can meet me there. Maybe you'll get some of that evidence. I have shown you plenty of other evidence but you just aren't willing to see it.
Vizio, that would be cool if we could all meet down at Ham's ark! I'd like to see how they set up Noah's "crib" i.e. living quarters. Maybe we could get AREQUIPA to meet us too and Rafius and others. How cool would that be?

Old 07-19-2016, 12:28 PM

Seriously, how awesome is this?

"Along with 125,000 square feet of exhibits on three decks, the Ark Encounter
also includes the Ararat Ridge Zoo, camel and donkey rides, live entertainment,
and a 1,500-seat themed restaurant."

I wonder if the restaurant will have dyno meat? or Pterodactyl sandwich? or Noah's wine?

Last edited by Eusebius; 07-19-2016 at 12:42 PM..

Old 07-19-2016, 12:36 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Stockwell Day is a YEC and when he was provincial treasurer, the Royal Tryell still received their funding and science was still taught in schools so yes, religion plays a much reduced role in our politics and our daily lives.

Jeff says you're a leftist and disagreeing with him means you are attacking all Christians. That is not nice. You must convert, to the NDP or at least the Liberals or else you hate something or someone so as to not mock him. Or did I just mock him? See I can follow the stereotype he has set forth.
Stockwell was kept in check by Ralph. You know, the Ralph that actually paid of the entire debt that our 'progressives' and lefties frittered away and now we are in as deep as ever?

I liked Ralph's response to the abortion issue: "That's between the woman, her doctor and her god." In other words, government has no play in the matter.

I miss Ralph! I can guarantee you one would never see the nonsense of any public or taxpayers money at risk for the silliness of an Ark.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
The ark park with you would be quite entertaining.

Guess I should have been more clear. Verifiable evidence is what is needed. that you have not provided.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

Seriously, how awesome is this?

"Along with 125,000 square feet of exhibits on three decks, the Ark Encounter
also includes the Ararat Ridge Zoo, camel and donkey rides, live entertainment,
and a 1,500-seat themed restaurant."

I wonder if the restaurant will have dyno meat? or Pterodactyl sandwich? or Noah's wine?
Do you think they charge for bottle water?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality