Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 03:22 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
He pleaded with them for 100 years. I think that is plenty of time to determine if they were evil or not. A month would have been good enough but 100 years? Wow! Talk about the patience and long suffering of God!
So he's:

1. powereless.
2. not all-knowing.
3. reduced to begging in order to get what He wants.

Old 07-21-2016, 03:34 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
It's not a game. I am being straight-up with you. I am not required to "balance the bad with the good" in every possible scenario any more than you are required to balance the good with the bad. Or are you saying you go door-to-door telling people, "Good news! Jesus loves you and you are SAVED! But in all fairness, here's the balance: His Father rejoiced in the righteous slitting of wombs and spilling of fetuses way back when, and encouraged fathers to give their daughters over to be raped."
Umm, God never slit open wombs. Humans did that to humans. He never told any father to give their daughters to be raped. Care to try again?

See, not only do you get the story line wrong, you just can't balance the bad with the good.

All those humans were going to die anyway. So the process was sped up a little? They are all going to be saved. They are one day going to rejoice in that. Why don't you now?

And let's not forget to talk about Ken Ham's Ark Encounter since that is what this thread is about.

Old 07-21-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
So he's:

1. powereless.
2. not all-knowing.
3. reduced to begging in order to get what He wants.
No to all three. Care to try again?

Old 07-21-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Umm, God never slit open wombs. Humans did that to humans. He never told any father to give their daughters to be raped. Care to try again?

See, not only do you get the story line wrong, you just can't balance the bad with the good.

All those humans were going to die anyway. So the process was sped up a little? They are all going to be saved. They are one day going to rejoice in that. Why don't you now?

And let's not forget to talk about Ken Ham's Ark Encounter since that is what this thread is about.
^ Oh good gravy. ^

By the way. I still notice you're not balancing the good with bad...? When does that part come in? Or is this hypocritical? No, never mind, that's impossible. Forgive me for that one...

Old 07-21-2016, 03:39 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
He pleaded with them for 100 years. I think that is plenty of time to determine if they were evil or not. A month would have been good enough but 100 years? Wow! Talk about the patience and long suffering of God!

Pleading for one hundred years sounds more like emphasis to make a strong point in telling a story or giving a lesson than for it to actually have happened. That would fit in better with the story if it is allegorical then literal IMHO. Just a thought.

Old 07-21-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
No to all three. Care to try again?
All three given what you said are correct; care to begin making sense rather than repeating phrases like "care to try again" even though they don't apply?

Thanks! I appreciate it.

Old 07-21-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
^ Oh good gravy. ^

By the way. I still notice you're not balancing the good with bad...? When does that part come in? Or is this hypocritical? No, never mind, that's impossible. Forgive me for that one...
But I am balancing the good with the bad. In fact the good far far outweighs the bad. A very short life with a little evil compared to an eternity of incredible immortality and incorruption for all mankind. Yes, the good is out of balance with the bad. I'm sure that's a black mark for God too.

Old 07-21-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
All three given what you said are correct; care to begin making sense rather than repeating phrases like "care to try again" even though they don't apply?

Thanks! I appreciate it.
Wrong.

So can you find even one good thing about Ken Ham's Ark Experience? Just one?

Old 07-21-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Wrong.

So can you find even one good thing about Ken Ham's Ark Experience? Just one?
Sure!

It's closing down.

Can you find even one bad thing about Jesus? Just one?

Old 07-21-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
But I am balancing the good with the bad. In fact the good far far outweighs the bad. A very short life with a little evil compared to an eternity of incredible immortality and incorruption for all mankind. Yes, the good is out of balance with the bad. I'm sure that's a black mark for God too.
LOL, so no, you DON'T believe in balance, you're stating so right there. And here I was ready to throw out the "hypocritical" part of this equation. I guess I kind of jumped the gun there. Should have waited just a tic.

You don't want balance from me or anyone regarding this issue; you want "more good than bad." Sorry! Can't help ya there. Good luck, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.