Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2016, 02:59 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Not really. It is historically accurate and the dimensions given are perfect as far as physics goes for a wooden ark.

Old 07-22-2016, 03:12 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,175 times
Quote:
Not really. It is historically accurate...
So it's similar to the historically accurate golden fleece I saw at the Titans of Olympus Museum in Greece?

Old 07-22-2016, 03:14 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
So it's similar to the historically accurate golden fleece I saw at the Titans of Olympus Museum in Greece?
Why would it be in Olympus? I thought they got the Fleece in Georgia (country)? lol

Old 07-22-2016, 03:23 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Don't be silly.

We're talking about actual physical writings that can be dated to a certain era, hence making the stories they described entirely accurate.

Similar to the Easter Island Moai, which we know literally contained the deified spirits of dead leaders, since we can trace the heads back to a certain specific time frame - the time frame, NOT coincidentally, that these spirits are said to have inhabited the heads.

By the way, I have the book Struwwelpeter. It belonged to my grandmother and this edition can be dated to 1923. This dating capability as well as the physical evidence (the book in my hands) proves that there actually is a Great Long Red-Legged Scissors Man.

HTH.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:11 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Don't be silly.

We're talking about actual physical writings that can be dated to a certain era, hence making the stories they described entirely accurate.

Similar to the Easter Island Moai, which we know literally contained the deified spirits of dead leaders, since we can trace the heads back to a certain specific time frame - the time frame, NOT coincidentally, that these spirits are said to have inhabited the heads.

By the way, I have the book Struwwelpeter. It belonged to my grandmother and this edition can be dated to 1923. This dating capability as well as the physical evidence (the book in my hands) proves that there actually is a Great Long Red-Legged Scissors Man.

HTH.
Yep. You got the fundie "rationale" down pat.

Old 07-22-2016, 05:04 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:

The difference between your faith and mine is that by me saying "Okay God, if You say Christ died for our sins, was entombed and roused the third day" I have faith that what you say is the truth. I have not one ounce of doubt that you would lie about this and believe 100% that which you have said is the absolute truth.
See how that goes?
Actually, no - I don't even understand a word of it. It's gibberish.

Quote:
I refuse to admit any possibility that GOS IS WRONG because I know He isn't. There is a big difference there.
Yes, exactly as I said. A completely circular argument, with no evidence whatsoever to support it except for the argument itself.

Quote:
I believe Ken Ham had the Ark Encounter built. I have no reason to believe otherwise. One can say, yea, but you can research that out to see if he really did have the Ark Encounter built. Yes, that is so. But I take it by faith that what God has said is so.
Exactly as I said. You refuse to even entertain any possibility at all that you may be wrong. Whereas those against whom you are arguing generally admit that they may be, but that the overwhelming evidence is that they are correct. I know there are some anti-religionists here who are not that intellectually honest, but I think for the most part what I said is accurate.

Old 07-22-2016, 05:54 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
If that golden fleece is historically accurate, then, yes, of course.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:03 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Actually, no - I don't even understand a word of it. It's gibberish.
I believe you.

Quote:
Yes, exactly as I said. A completely circular argument, with no evidence whatsoever to support it except for the argument itself.
Yep and I'm still correct too. And you are still wrong.

Quote:
Exactly as I said. You refuse to even entertain any possibility at all that you may be wrong. Whereas those against whom you are arguing generally admit that they may be, but that the overwhelming evidence is that they are correct. I know there are some anti-religionists here who are not that intellectually honest, but I think for the most part what I said is accurate.
That is 100% correct that I do not entertain even a billionth or a trillionth of a percent that I could be wrong about God. I find that rather charming.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:42 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Not really. It is historically accurate and the dimensions given are perfect as far as physics goes for a wooden ark.
Except it would bend and break in the swells. And trust me, as a sailor, you need to experience what it truly is like on the water. That boat could not have survived. Period. Others have outlined why before.

These are steel ships:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmlTk_3NN_g

Old 07-22-2016, 06:46 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,172,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
except it would bend and break in the swells. And trust me, as a sailor, you need to experience what it truly is like on the water. That boat could not have survived. Period. Others have outlined why before.
Trust me, it never left God's Hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.