Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2016, 07:24 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,891,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The Bible doesn't say the animals did right or wrong. It was just the humans who did wrong.
In other words, God killed a whole bunch of innocent creatures for something someone else had done.

Talk about genocidal.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:27 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,303,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
In other words, God killed a whole bunch of innocent creatures for something someone else had done.

Talk about genocidal.
Look at the kill-ratio between God and his favorite angel. You know the angel the all-knowing God created.

Last edited by OpanaPointer; 07-23-2016 at 07:46 PM..

Old 07-23-2016, 07:43 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Look at the kill-ration between God and his favorite angel. You know the angel the all-knowing God created.
Actually, God's killing score for all creatures past, present and future is and will continue to be 100%.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:57 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,303,910 times
Quote:
I'm sure it's not the same as on yours but right now it is still blue but with night fast approaching. Is yours methane colored?
Where are my manners! How's the weather there on Lyrane II?

Old 07-23-2016, 07:59 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,057 times
Quote:
I'm sure people like you would find fault if it were 10 days.

You do know this thread is about Ken Ham's Ark? Maybe you should consider visiting it.
Gee, that's funny. I could have SWORN I saw a whole bunch of posts about the Noah's Ark story.

And now you're going to put on a fake moderator's badge and start telling me what the topic is? REALLY?

*blink*

Yes, actually, I would find fault in it if it were 10 days because there's still the question of how Noah managed to get all of the animals there in the first place ... and where all the water came from ... and where it went ... and even if it were true, how it is that a truly good and loving god could commit genocide. Or, even if humanity were wicked, how a good and loving god could knowingly kill so many animals ... because those with a good heart could never do such a cruel thing; an omniscient being could have protected ALL of the animals instead of some inefficient clustercluck like trying to herd representatives of all animal species onto the ark. Why not simply put all of the animals into some sort of "null space" until the flood is over and then bring them back? Why not simply will them out of existence for a brief time and then will them back after the flood? Even if god just HAD to kill them all like the putz that he is, why save ANY of them when he could have simply recreated them all after the flood?

IT MAKES NO DAMN SENSE!

NONE!

Yes, Eusebius, I will find fault where fault exists. These aren't nitpicky little details. These are glaring problems with the story ... horrible, gaping wounds in the plot that would make even the worst paperback novelist or cheap B movie producer cringe with disbelief. Yes, the authoring is really THAT BAD.

But hey, don't let an awful story stand in the way of an irrational belief, right?

Old 07-23-2016, 08:06 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
It is literally nonsensical.
That's what happens when people make stuff up as they go along.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:36 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
...snip....

IT MAKES NO DAMN SENSE!

NONE!

Yes, Eusebius, I will find fault where fault exists. These aren't nitpicky little details. These are glaring problems with the story ... horrible, gaping wounds in the plot that would make even the worst paperback novelist or cheap B movie producer cringe with disbelief. Yes, the authoring is really THAT BAD.

But hey, don't let an awful story stand in the way of an irrational belief, right?
Eusie is too afraid to open his eyes to the truth you've so baldly stated.

At their hearts, fundamentalists are cowards. They cringe from truth, hiding behind their Fundashields Of Determined Ignorance.

Eusie, Viz and jeffy, although representing somewhat different aspect of fundie non-think, share in common the ability to ignore facts in favour of childish stories and wishful thinking.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:43 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Eusie is too afraid to open his eyes to the truth you've so baldly stated.

At their hearts, fundamentalists are cowards. They cringe from truth, hiding behind their Fundashields Of Determined Ignorance.

Eusie, Viz and jeffy, although representing somewhat different aspect of fundie non-think, share in common the ability to ignore facts in favour of childish stories and wishful thinking.
I am not sure why they don't claim that they have no idea of how God accomplished the deed. The books and Web sites I have read about the flood are totally aimed at either people who already believe it or those with a very limited knowledge about subjects such as geology or the number of soecies.

The explanation for one thing creates anot her problem to solve without truly explaining the first problem.

But perhaps we would dump on them for believing without knowing.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:11 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
Good thing I'm not religious. Religion is the enemy of Christianity.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:24 PM

6,795 posts, read 2,905,915 times
I don't know if this has already been raised, but ...Noah preached 'repentance' to the local folks in his town prior to the deluge. Apparently, they wouldn't listen (they were disobedient) and so God created a huge flood that destroyed them.

Now, if I were to preach repentance to those in my city (population approximately 234,000) in similar circumstances as that of Noah it would take me some time as I would have to spend much of my week out on the streets trying to reach as many people as I could. I would have no radio, television, Internet or news media to assist me in getting out my message. If I were building a huge boat at the same time I would certainly have my work cut out to both preach and boat-build at the same time.

The next closest city to mine is about 4 hours away. The population of that city is approximately 160,500 people. If I were building a huge boat and also street preaching I doubt that I could find the time to preach repentance outside of my own town or city. And so. my neighboring city would never hear my message of repentance. Nor would any other city of the world outside my own. My message is only preached and heard by those confined to my small area of residence.

However, God decides to destroy the entire world with a flood even though those in my own city are the only ones that have heard - and subsequently disobeyed - my message of repentance. Why destroy everyone else in the world? They never heard my message of repentance. Isn't this rather unfair? Moreover, why a dramatic flood? Couldn't God just zap 'the sinners' in my city out of existence without all of the drama? Or, does the added drama make the story so much more interesting?

Was 'the world' as mentioned in the Noah story no bigger than Noah's town? Was this the only 'world' known of at that time? Were the animals spoken of in the story no more than the animals confined in one small area of 'Noah's world'?

Or, more likely, was the Noah story no more than a story? Is it foolishness for adult, intelligent people to actually believe in and to preach a fairy tale as fact? Let's face it, the Noah story really does NOT make any sense other than as a fairy tale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.