Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 01:04 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
He wasn't talking to you.
He actually was. He called me "Edgar". I asked him what it was I have a problem with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
In fact, you are wrong.

Mat 15:24 Now He, answering, said, "I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
Quote:
He was, and so were the disciples in his lifetime, and the gospels (which of course I don't believe, but you do) show him being persuaded to extend the message to the gentiles by examples of their faith.
A couple gentiles were illustrated in the gospels because they had more faith than the Israelites.

Quote:
This means that in the end the mission of the disciples was to take what he had said to the wider world. Thus the message was meant for everyone, and even if Jesus (as Man as much as God) didn't know that, God did.

You lose yet again and I get to press the button!!!
You stated ". . . in the end the mission . . . ." In the end of what?

Jesus told them that the disciples would not finish evangelizing Israel before He returned. It is only after Christ returns, which He will, that He sets up His millennial kingdom in Israel and THEN the disciples will make disciples of all nations. They will Judaize the nations. Paul never did that.

You have a lot of atheist ideas inhering in your misunderstandings.

Old 07-10-2016, 02:24 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,074,940 times
https://storify.com/joesonka/getting-started

Old 07-10-2016, 02:25 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
No, that verse is not Jesus telling Christians not to use money to build a theme park. And it is not a verse for all Christians of the nations. In fact, it is aimed only at Israelites.
So you are saying that if Jesus did not specifically state not to do something, it is OK? Is that your position?

Old 07-10-2016, 02:31 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
I merely stated that you can't prove humans evolved from knuckle draggers...
Showing us once again how misinformed you are about the subject of Evolution.

Humans did not evolve from apes. We share a common ancestor with apes.

Let me repeat: Humans did not evolve from apes, gorillas or chimps. We are all modern species that have followed different evolutionary paths, though humans share a common ancestor with some primates, such as the African ape.

You really should stop making misinformed statements about a subject that you have absolutely no understanding of.
Quote:
nor can you prove all life evolved from a single celled organism.
Nor can you prove one single shred of nonsense written in that joke of a book called the bible.

And yes we can demonstrate that life evolved from a single cell.
Quote:
Your evolution is a philosophy and an unprovable one at that.
See folks why America has slipped to the bottom out of 41 countries in STEM? It's this type of mind that has led us down that path.
Quote:
It is faith-based
How can a grown man not differentiate between words?

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.

Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge.

Faith-Based means affiliated with, supported by, or based on a religion or religious group.

You are not helping America's image with your posts.

Do you really wonder why ignorance is looked down upon? Do you ever wonder why more and more people are leaving fundamental religion? You are not helping your case nor helping the image of christian fundamentalists. Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Matadora; 07-10-2016 at 02:50 PM..

Old 07-10-2016, 02:50 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post

ahahahahahaha that was great.

Old 07-10-2016, 02:59 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Thank you. The two of them sure play the victim card if any of there proclamations are even questioned.

I have never been to the Royal Tyrrell yet when it's parking lot is so empty as the images from the Ark. If that is opening day during a weekday during the summer with decent weather the outlook is not encouraging for them from a business point of view. The Ranch museum in Cochrane was another example of someone thinking that if you build it people will come and it failed. I am using that museum as an example because it had zero to do with religion. The two mentioned posters will defend everything they perceive as being done by a Christian no matter what the project or deed is and accuse us of being against everything that a Christian does, part of their victim claim.

Perhaps the Ark just greatly over built the parking lot and ticket area. If I was them i would already be worried about cash flow and maintenance of unused space.
The "Creation Science" museum in my town rarely if ever has any actual visitors, even during the tourist season when 400 people a day come in by train. It is situated right beside our new antique tool museum*, which on the other hand, has become our Historical Society's largest source of donations, more than the other three museums we run combined.

*we know it is the largest in Canada, and think it is the largest collection of antique tools anywhere in North America

Old 07-10-2016, 03:02 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Don't need to. It is not for believers of the nations. We believers of the nations do not have to sell all we have or do this or do that in order to enter into the kingdom Christ is going to set up in Israel during His millennial reign. In fact, believers of the nations won't even be in that kingdom on earth. We will be among the heavens during that time.
Yes, you do have to read it, as you are interpreting that passage as no one else does. You are wrong, but as your guide book says, you should not also be thick necked.

You are wrong.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:13 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
So, does it float?

Old 07-10-2016, 03:36 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
So, does it float?
Should it?

Old 07-10-2016, 03:37 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
So, does it float?
No. That money was spent on GIANTS.

Many thanks to Kab0906 for posting that link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.