Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 03:39 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Yes, you do have to read it, as you are interpreting that passage as no one else does. You are wrong, but as your guide book says, you should not also be thick necked.

You are wrong.
No, in fact, I am 100% correct. It is improper to state that if someone or some preacher on the internet agrees with YOU that YOU are therefore correct in your understanding.

I don't have to read it because you posted enough to tell me the writer doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

My "guide books says not to be 'thick necked'"? LOL It's "stiff necked." And, no, I'm not "stiff necked."

Old 07-10-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
So you are saying that if Jesus did not specifically state not to do something, it is OK? Is that your position?
Some ignorant Atheist asked someone in this thread if the Bible told Christians to spend money on theme parks or something like that. I rejoined with "Does it say not to?" It is not a matter of "Am I OK with something if the Bible does not specificaly state not to do something." It is a matter of answering a stupid question.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Showing us once again how misinformed you are about the subject of Evolution.

Humans did not evolve from apes. We share a common ancestor with apes.
I never said "apes." It just shows how badly you need remedial reading. Maybe ask a third grade teacher in your town to help you with that?

Quote:
You really should stop making misinformed statements about a subject that you have absolutely no understanding of.
Nor can you prove one single shred of nonsense written in that joke of a book called the bible.
See folks, this is what I mean. And the sad thing is, most of you agree with Matadora which shows just how bad off you folks are who do.

Your philosophy called "evolution" is faith-based and is the actual joke being played on children on a daily basis in classrooms. There is not a shred of evidence to back up that philosophy. There is no proof humans evolved from a non-human species from which Apes and humans evolved from. No, it is just someone's fanciful dream based on fiction and not fact. It is proofless.

Quote:
And yes we can demonstrate that life evolved from a single cell.
See folks why America has slipped to the bottom out of 41 countries in STEM? It's this type of mind that has led us down that path.
How can a grown man not differentiate between words?
See this is just what I mean. You can't prove all life on earth evolved from a single celled organism. It is just based on say-so. No one was there to see it. It is impossible for it to have occurred.

Quote:
A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.
Too bad you don't have verifiable proof all life evolved from a single celled organism. All you have is say-so.

Quote:
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge.

Quote:
Faith-Based means affiliated with, supported by, or based on a religion or religious group.
Then you are saying evolution is of a religious nature because it is faith-based. You put your faith in the say-so of the high priests of evolution as if what they say is the truth.

Quote:
You are not helping America's image with your posts.
Speak for yourself.

Quote:
Do you really wonder why ignorance is looked down upon? Do you ever wonder why more and more people are leaving fundamental religion? You are not helping your case nor helping the image of christian fundamentalists. Keep up the good work!
Actually because of you, hundreds of thousands are running for the doors away from atheism and evolution. Thank you! You are such a great help! Don't stop posting PLEASE!

Now then, we really need to get this thread back on track. It is about Ken Ham's Ark display. Quit derailing the thread.

Last edited by Eusebius; 07-10-2016 at 04:21 PM..

Old 07-10-2016, 04:33 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,263,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I never said "apes." It just shows how badly you need remedial reading. Maybe ask a third grade teacher in your town to help you with that?
No it only shows how desperate you are to try and cover your ignorant statements. Knuckle dragger?

You don't even know the proper term is Knuckle Walker and that researchers believe that early human ancestors never used their knuckles to walk like gorillas but evolved from other apes that spent most of their time in trees.
Quote:
Your philosophy called "evolution" is faith-based and is the actual joke being played on children on a daily basis in classrooms.
You are a grown man who does not understand words. No surprise as all we have to do is read your posts and connect the dots.

Lets go over this again.
  • A Scientific Theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.
  • Faith-Based means affiliated with, supported by, or based on a religion or religious group.
  • Philosophy is the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, especially when considered as an academic discipline.
  • Evolution is the gradual development of something, especially from a simple to a more complex form.

See how all those terms are quite different from each other?
Quote:
Actually because of you, hundreds of thousands are running for the doors away from atheism and evolution.
Only in scientifically illiterate America. While the majority of people in Europe and in many other parts of the world accept evolution, the United States lags behind. It's people with your mentality on top of the fact that most Americans are not scientifically literate is why we lag behind the rest of the world in many areas. We are walking the same path as the Arab Golden Age decline.

Don't fret there's hope! Now, at long last, there seems to be hope: National polls show that creationism is beginning to falter, and Americans are finally starting to move in favor of evolution. After decades of legal battles, resistance to science education, and a deeply rooted cultural divide, evolution may be poised to win out once and for all.

According to a recent Pew Research Center report, 73 percent of American adults younger than 30 expressed some sort of belief in evolution, a jump from 61 percent in 2009, the first year in which the question was asked. The number who believed in purely secular evolution (that is, not directed by any divine power) jumped from 40 percent to a majority of 51 percent. In other words, if you ask a younger American how humans arose, you’re likely to get an answer that has nothing to do with God.

So there goes your claim right out to the rubbish pile.

It's just old folks like you who still want to cling to your faith-based bible rubbish.
Quote:
Now then, we really need to get this thread back on track. It is about Ken Ham's Ark display. Quit derailing the thread.
Who is the one who brought up Evolution in this thread first? That would be you. I simply responded to the ignorant statements that you made.

So I suggest that you stop derailing this thread with ignorant statements about a subject that you don't understand.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:37 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,631,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
That was funded with public monies? How the hell ... ?!!!
Kentucky.

Eastern Kentucky is the most deeply impoverished region in the United States, but the governor here cut school and health care funding for those children and allocated $18 million dollars for this because the religious lunatics who infest this state think that's more important than food, textbooks, and medical care for starving children.

Yay, religion.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:43 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
OK...back to Ham's Folly: The website claims Ham's Ark is "the largest timber frame structure in the world".

Not true.

There are TWO all-wood blimp hangars in Tustin, CA that are larger. Both were built in 1942 using Oregon Douglas fir. The Navy used them during WWII at a base the locals call the Lighter-Than-Air Station. Post-WWII the hangars were turned over to the Marine Corps. The Marines turned the base into a helicopter station.

Ham's Ark: 510' L, 85' W, 51' H.

The blimp hangars: 1072' L, 292' W, 192' H.

For anyone who wants to see a REALLY big all-wood building for free....they are visible from the 55 freeway.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:44 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,263,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Kentucky.

Eastern Kentucky is the most deeply impoverished region in the United States, but the governor here cut school and health care funding for those children and allocated $18 million dollars for this because the religious lunatics who infest this state think that's more important than food, textbooks, and medical care for starving children.

Yay, religion.

It's ridiculous how the City Officials of Williamstown, KY approved TIF bonds for this lousy project.

So there blows your claim.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
So there goes your claim right out to the rubbish pile.

It's just old folks like you who still want to cling to your faith-based bible rubbish.
Who is the one who brought up Evolution in this thread first? That would be you. I simply responded to the ignorant statements that you made.

So I suggest that you stop derailing this thread with ignorant statements about a subject that you don't understand.
Nope, wrong again, it was actually TRANSPONDER who brought up evolution first here:
//www.city-data.com/forum/44697910-post14.html

Way back in post 14. You aren't very good with presenting facts, are you? No, you aren't. Now quit derailing this thread!

Old 07-10-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile
Kentucky.

Yay, religion.
Are you absolutely positive they thought that project was more important than food, textbooks and medical care? Did you write them and ask them if they thought that or are you just peddling ignorance to try to make Christians look bad?

Old 07-10-2016, 04:57 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,631,916 times
Quote:
Are you absolutely positive they thought that project was more important than food, textbooks and medical care? Did you write them and ask them if they thought that or are you just peddling ignorance to try to make Christians look bad?
Yeah. I am absolutely positive.

I live here. I followed and participated in the public discussions.

I know what I'm talking about. As usual, you do not. So you are, uh... just peddling ignorance, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality