Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2017, 07:32 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
let's call it as it is. The legislators promised them tax exempt status. They built it. When the politicians reneged on the deal, they did not violate law, but used existing laws to protect themselves. And you claim THEY are the ones doing wrong?

Yes, they are. So are the politicians. They are FOR PROFIT, and should be taxed. Plain and simple. Do you have a good reason why they shouldn't be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Wow. I'm guessing you probably also rail against the Girl Scouts because they sell cookies every year, don't you? How DARE they make money on overpriced mints!
Why would I do that, and what does it have to do with this ark? They are not a FOR PROFIT organization like the ark, and they don't sell cookies to line the pockets of their board members. Stupid comparison fundie.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I personally think the price of ALL of it is crazy, but that's the world we live in, and demand dictates price to an extent. When you're the only "game" in town, you get to set the price, and being reasonable was never a part of the equation. Peace
I don't disagree. I just have better things to spend $100+ on than a big wooden boat with a few cheap exhibits inside, that's all.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:47 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
I don't disagree. I just have better things to spend $100+ on than a big wooden boat with a few cheap exhibits inside, that's all.

I don't know that I'd call them "cheap exhibits". Painstaking care was used to duplicate things which probably ain't cheap. Even the lights in there are recreated from ones that would have been used in that time period, and so are things like water and oil jugs, ect. Archeologists were used on this project. Peace

Old 07-19-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
All I see there is an outdated opinion piece. How about some actual facts? Here is a more recent article with FACTS showing a definite increase in tourism revenue:

https://answersingenesis.org/ministr...eation-museum/

The secular media makes it sound like Ken just lied like a dog to the state of Kentucky about revenue estimates and the state just blindly accepted Ken's proposal based solely on his claims. I find that very hard to believe. The government would have conducted their own research and studies into the economic impacts.
I would respond, but I think FrednotBob took care of it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And exactly how is the ark failing if it is bringing in big crowds? Here is a review from yesterday:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti..._Kentucky.html

Her biggest complaint was the crowds! I think the reality is atheists and secularists hate this park only as an extension of their own self denial of hatred against Christianity.
Having a crowd does not mean it is making any money, or helping the surrounding areas. Some anecdotal evidence from my neck of the woods, is a restaurant that just closed. Every time you went there was a wait. Seemed to be packed from the time they opened their doors, until the time they closed them every day. Only one problem.... they closed because they weren't making any money. Why is that? Started as not enough alcohol sales, and their food was too cheap. Being packed simply didn't matter.

Also, is it a surprise that a person who went to this place, an is obviously a believer of such things and wants to go back and spend all day there, would review it well? People who go to this place are obviously drinkers of the Kool-Aid, and will assuredly rate it well. That is no surprise.

How about these reviews? They hold just as much weight as the biased good review, right?

Total waste of time and money
Don't waste your time AND your money. this is one day of your life you will never get back. Avoid like the plague.

This arc is full of it. Nothing but falsehoods all over it. Dinsours with humans? carnivores eating wheat?
It was just a bunch of reading and supposedly how the animals may have lived. All done in theory. 2017 technology may not have been enough to keep tens of thousands of animals alive for a year on such a small boat. Didn't buy it!!

Boring and pricey religious themed tourist trap.
Very overpriced admission ($40) into a modern interpretation of half an ark filled with plastic animals. The displays inside leave you with more questions than answers, even after reading the myriad of posters. Animatronic displays look like they were recycled from an old Showbiz pizza parlor. A couple of the floors look like they are still not finished based on the empty space. Food and drinks are overpriced and below fast food quality, and you even have to pay for parking before taking a bus to the ark. Even the most faithful believers should see through this poor attempt at a tourist trap. If you planning on traveling any distance to see this..... think again. If you're cruising by Williamstown on I75 and feel tempted, just keep going. Nothing worth wasting time and money on here.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:05 AM

Quote:
I don't know that I'd call them "cheap exhibits". Painstaking care was used to duplicate things which probably ain't cheap. Even the lights in there are recreated from ones that would have been used in that time period, and so are things like water and oil jugs, ect. Archeologists were used on this project. Peace
From what I have read, it seems most people think the exhibits are cheap. Call them things like "plastic animals" and "cheap animatronics". I have no doubt the craftsmanship of the ark itself is outstanding, especially is built by the Amish. But come on, look at these things... They look like a rubber kids toy, only bigger.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:42 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
What kind of time period lighting would be used in a waterproof box full of flammable fumes from animal poop for over a year?

Oh yea, only one window too Rbbi1.

Try logic-ing that one out Rbbi1

Last edited by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15; 07-19-2017 at 08:50 AM..

Old 07-19-2017, 08:46 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
What kind of time period lighting would be used in a waterproof box full of flammable fumes from animal poop for over a year?

Try logic-ing that one out Rbbi1

You do know there was a window at the top, right? Peace

Old 07-19-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
One window on the whole boat.

What's you point?

Old 07-19-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
What was the source of lightning for that time period Rbbi1?

Old 07-19-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
So all the gases escaped out of this window? What did they do with all the poop? What did they feed the dinosaurs (According to nutball Ham) and other carnivores? Where did the store it all?

Too many questions with no answers. It was either not meant to be literal, or never happened. Either way, Christians and Bible believers alike have to twist and turn to explain it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.