Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2017, 09:42 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,047,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I don't believe a flood happened here at all, I don't believe an ark was built on this earth at all. I believe it is a story that didn't even take place on this earth. But that is just my wild opinion, and this stems from the promises made to the overcomers about how they receive an entire earth to become a sole ruler over an entire earth, and this rule is not shared. It insinuates that there are unlimited Earth out there and given the size of the universe, statistics alone prove that there are billions of earth inhabited with people. If there are a trillion Earth and only one of them could have everything right to support humankind, then by statistics alone, if there is one in a trillion that can support lives, it means that there are billions upon billions of earths will people living on them, if the odds are one in a trillion, but I bet the odds are much more better, I bet they are 1 in a billion, and if it were 1 in a billion, there would be unlimited, uncountable earths with people on them, trillions and trillions of earth with people on them.

Of course rule is not shared, because it's HIM IN THEM, ruling. What? You think we get the rod of authority given so we can do as we please with it? It's always been about Him, and it always WILL BE about Him. Peace

Old 07-19-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
And this looks like a fallen statue head on Mars....

Difference is, He didn't leave any word about a statue head on Mars. Always has to be a witness, it's the law of witness that validates any truth. Peace

Old 07-19-2017, 09:46 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Difference is, He didn't leave any word about a statue head on Mars. Always has to be a witness, it's the law of witness that validates any truth. Peace
Doesn't matter as to what I posted. The point was, a picture can LOOK like all sorts of things. Doesn't mean it has an ark under it, or that there was life on Mars building monuments.

I do find it funny though, that you only seem to believe the "witnesses" that validate YOUR truth. Why not believe all of the other witnesses for the other religions?

Old 07-19-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Doesn't matter as to what I posted. The point was, a picture can LOOK like all sorts of things. Doesn't mean it has an ark under it, or that there was life on Mars building monuments.

I do find it funny though, that you only seem to believe the "witnesses" that validate YOUR truth. Why not believe all of the other witnesses for the other religions?

Because none of them rose from the dead and are still alive. Peace

Old 07-19-2017, 09:58 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,081 times
Quote:
Because none of them rose from the dead and are still alive. Peace
Yea, and your proof that Jesus did those things? The Bible? The "witnesses" in the Bible? They are no more or less reliable than the witnesses in the Quran or any other holy book. Why do you discount all of them?

You see, when you figure out the honest answer to that question, you will see why so many are leaving religion.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:05 AM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Of course rule is not shared, because it's HIM IN THEM, ruling. What? You think we get the rod of authority given so we can do as we please with it? It's always been about Him, and it always WILL BE about Him. Peace

It's always been about the brethren of Christ. Christ is just one son of God, and when an overcomer receives all the promised that God gave to his son, this is ALL the promises spoken of Jesus throughout the whole bible.

Revelation 2 ~ HE RULES ALL NATIONS ON THE ENTIRE EARTH ALONE.

26And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: 27And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

The Baptism of Jesus
…16As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water. Suddenly the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and resting on Him. 17And a voice from heaven said, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased!”

Psalm 2:7
"I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.

Isaiah 42:1
"Behold, My Servant, whom I uphold; My chosen one in whom My soul delights. I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice to the nations.

Matthew 12:18
"Here is My servant, whom I have chosen, My beloved, in whom My soul delights. I will put My Spirit on Him, and He will proclaim justice to the nations.

Matthew 17:5
While Peter was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Listen to Him!"

Mark 1:11
And a voice came from heaven: "You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased."

Mark 9:7
Then a cloud appeared and enveloped them, and a voice came from the cloud: "This is My beloved Son. Listen to Him!"

Luke 3:22
and the Holy Spirit descended on Him in a bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: "You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased."

Luke 9:35
And a voice came from the cloud, saying, "This is My Son, whom I have chosen; listen to Him!"

John 5:20
The Father loves the Son and shows Him all He does. And to your amazement, He will show Him even greater works than these.

John 5:37
And the Father who sent Me has Himself testified about Me. You have never heard His voice nor seen His form,

The Overcomer receives all the promises that God gave his son, he receives all of them.

These promises show how a son of God will go down to the Earth to be sacrificed as to be an example to all men who would walk as Jesus walked to become sons of God and brethren to Christ. The great promise is not about salvation, the great promise is that you have raised a full grown son who becomes a brethren of Christ, who then receives all the promises that the father gives the sons, the brethren.

It would be a very silly thing for God to have made such a vast ever expanding universe for one single planet. We are literally nothing in the vastness of this universe, just a speck of dust amongst unimaginable numbers of planets filled with life.

I would submit that God is spirit, and all he does is expand, that he has created unlimited earths where life will never end, the expansion of his spirit will never end, and the making and rearing of sons of God never end. Where there is a trillion earths, there must be a trillion sons of God, and with every single overcomer, he is promised his own earth, it is HIS RULE, and nobody else's rule.

Jesus was the first man planted in this earth who became the first born of many brethren who are also given the same promises of Jesus where God will put all their enemies at their feet, and this is all the nations of a single Earth.

God Works In All Things
28And we know that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose. 29For those God foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers. 30And those He predestined He also called, those He called He also justified, those He justified He also glorified.…

Revelation 1
4John, To the seven churches in the province of Asia: Grace and peace to you from Him who is and was and is to come, and from the sevenfold Spirit before His throne, 5and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and has released us from our sins by His blood, 6who has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father—to Him be the glory and power forever and ever! Amen.…

Jesus didn't come down here to die so we can go to heaven and praise God.

There are unlimited earths that are uncountable and each one demands a son of God go down to that earth to expand the spirit of God.

The great reward and prize of this Earth is to receive all the promises God gave to his son, that YOU will become a son of God if you are willing to die.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 07-19-2017 at 10:13 AM..

Old 07-19-2017, 10:14 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
I'll bet you'd think so if a 30 foot wall of water was coming at you.

The window did close, you know. Why don't you decipher the Hebrew texts for yourself and discover the truth? I read that some scientists did some tests and it turned out that the ark's measurements were perfect for withstanding huge waves and not capsizing.

Doesn't really matter to me if it was literal or not, it, like everything else in there, was a spiritual teaching tool for our example. Peace
Now just take a moment and think.

Window closed, a huge amount of methane gas and what was the source of lighting? I believe you dodged that question.

I understand it doesn't matter to you if it's literal or not. Believing is the only thing important to you. Truth isn't t.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:20 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
It's a big window.
No it isn't.
Make a roof for it, leaving below the roof an opening one cubit high all around. (Gen 6:16)
One cubit. That would be about 18 inches square

Quote:
Carnivores were not always carnivores. Next.
Aaaaaaaahahahaha!

Quote:
I was trying to be nice, Raf!
It's a waste of time with fundies.

Quote:
On the other hand, that sure looks like the remains of the Ark on Mt. Ararat, from those satellite images. Peace
Ye gods!!! It's Cambell34 resurrected!

Old 07-19-2017, 10:26 AM

10,088 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
I don't know that I'd call them "cheap exhibits". Painstaking care was used to duplicate things which probably ain't cheap. Even the lights in there are recreated from ones that would have been used in that time period, and so are things like water and oil jugs, ect. Archeologists were used on this project. Peace
These Ark haters haven't even been to the exhibit and yet they write it off as cheap. That just goes to show their bias here.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:29 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
These Ark haters haven't even been to the exhibit and yet they write it off as cheap. That just goes to show their bias here.
You haven't even bothered to learn and understand the basics of the ToE and yet you write it off as false. That just goes to show your bias here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality