Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2017, 03:15 PM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times

Advertisements

What a waste of time, money and resources.......How many habitat for humanity homes could have been built for that amount?

Old 07-19-2017, 03:22 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
What a waste of time, money and resources.......How many habitat for humanity homes could have been built for that amount?
humanity you will always have with you. Hamm's Ark will be with us but for a short time...before it gets turned into the Darwin centre.

I can dream

Old 07-19-2017, 03:29 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
So the ultimate use of money is Habitat for Humanity homes?

What did the computer,or phone, or tablet you're currently using cost? Could you have donated that to Habitat and maybe helped build a home?

Do you EVER waste any amount of time on anything? Should you instead be building homes?

Old 07-19-2017, 03:49 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,605,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post

What did the computer,or phone, or tablet you're currently using cost? Could you have donated that to Habitat and maybe helped build a home?

Do you EVER waste any amount of time on anything? Should you instead be building homes?
LOL at comparing a couple hundred dollars to over $100 million!

BTW, a lot of us do help build homes. My husband and I join in on at least 2-3 projects a year. What do you do to help other fundie?

Old 07-19-2017, 04:06 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post

BTW, a lot of us do help build homes. My husband and I join in on at least 2-3 projects a year. What do you do to help other fundie?
They play holier than thou on the internet. Apparently that's good enough.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post

You didn't really answer the question. You NEVER spend time or money on anything but Habitat? You do 2-3 a year? Great. What about the rest of the time? You seem to suggest it's the ultimate thing to do and that there is nothing that anyone else can do that's good....so why don't you do more?

Old 07-19-2017, 04:20 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:

It's his life and his money.

It's not Hamm's money he is spending nor his life that is being hurt by his misuse of it.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:42 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,003 times
Quote:
You didn't really answer the question. You NEVER spend time or money on anything but Habitat? You do 2-3 a year? Great. What about the rest of the time? You seem to suggest it's the ultimate thing to do and that there is nothing that anyone else can do that's good....so why don't you do more?
Why are you redirecting the discussion?

Ken Ham's Ark, however you look at it, is based on shaky (not shady) accounting. It has been documented publicly that he is attempting to cover up the 'grim side' of his project -- namely, that he's soaking taxpayers for a lot of money with no financial risk to himself or his organization.

Whether he's being deliberately dishonest or is just embarrassed that his pet project isn't living up to expectations and wants to put a positive 'spin' on things as they stand, Ken Ham has been suspiciously disingenuous about just who's 'really' paying the bills.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
Why are you redirecting the discussion?
I'm not the one that is stating that it's a waste of resources in an attempt to distract. The fact is, it IS a worthy cause, because people DO enjoy going to it. I personally know a lot of folks that have traveled to see it, and I plan to do so next summer.
Quote:
Ken Ham's Ark, however you look at it, is based on shaky (not shady) accounting. It has been documented publicly that he is attempting to cover up the 'grim side' of his project -- namely, that he's soaking taxpayers for a lot of money with no financial risk to himself or his organization.

Whether he's being deliberately dishonest or is just embarrassed that his pet project isn't living up to expectations and wants to put a positive 'spin' on things as they stand, Ken Ham has been suspiciously disingenuous about just who's 'really' paying the bills.
Actually...this thread started with someone trying to make the failed argument that no one was showing up. it's since turned into a discussion of the worthiness of said project, and whether or not Ken Ham is a tax cheat.

I've successfully argued that he was promised it to be tax exempt, and when the politicians reneged on it, he simply used existing law to protect himself.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It's his life and his money.

It's not Hamm's money he is spending nor his life that is being hurt by his misuse of it.
And if people want to support Ham's project, they can do so. It's their lives, and it's their money. No one is being hurt by him building it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.