Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2017, 06:06 PM

10,089 posts, read 5,739,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
if C-D forums exist in 5 years maybe we can revisit this post.
Oh the Ark could have a million daily visitors and they would still claim it is a failure. They NEED it to fail, apparently.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:33 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Oh the Ark could have a million daily visitors and they would still claim it is a failure. They NEED it to fail, apparently.
I don't need that silly exhibit to fail, jeff, as much as I expect sanity, education and common sense to prevail.

The exhibit itself will soon be a dinosaur.

There are only X-number of biblical literalists alive on the planet and they're shrinking by the day, going the way of Mastodons and other extinct species.

I rue the loss of Mastodons much more than I will rue the death of fundamentalism and its progeny.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:51 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I don't need that silly exhibit to fail, jeff, as much as I expect sanity, education and common sense to prevail.

There are only X-number of biblical literalists alive on the planet and they're shrinking by the day, going the way of Mastodons and other extinct species.

I rue the loss of Mastodons much more than I will rue the death of fundamentalism and its progeny.
I wished that I could agree with you. It seems like with each victory or failure the fundamentalists in at least four major religions are simply getting more and more fundamental. That is a major threat in this world today.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:27 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I wished that I could agree with you. It seems like with each victory or failure the fundamentalists in at least four major religions are simply getting more and more fundamental. That is a major threat in this world today.
It's the American Y'all queda.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:41 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
It's the American Y'all queda.
America is the last bastion of Christian fundamentalism and they will soon reap what they sowed in November.

It'll be an ugly, painful evolution, like civil rights in the 60s - but just as necessary.

America has to evolve or it will join the other historical, self-immolating, near-forgotten empires.

Right now, it's choking on its own hubris.

Old 07-21-2017, 12:44 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,928 times
Quote:
Everything with you is about non-Christians somehow 'needing' bad things to happen to other people, as though we're all some kind of heartless monsters.

We don't 'need' anything. We really couldn't care less if the Ark Encounter succeeds or fails. We just want to see Ham and his fellows showing a bit more honesty about the whole thing. Ken Ham said that no unwilling taxpayers would subsidize the Ark Encounter, and that's provably untrue. Ham said that no money would be taken from the state budget, and that's provably untrue. Not to mention that if AiG defaults on the TIF bonds, he's not in any way responsible for repayment. That falls to the state and the taxpayers.

We're not idiots -- we can see what he's promising, and we can see what he's actually delivering, and the two are miles apart.

Old 07-21-2017, 03:56 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Yea, maybe then you will be able to answer questions.

Why no response to my last couple of posts to you fundie?
Quote:
Are you sure you aren't the country preacher in disguise?
Now there's food for thought!!

Quote:
Ducks and runs from similar questions.

Yep. Claims there are no contradictions in the Bible and then runs for the hills when he is given them.

Quote:
America is the last bastion of Christian fundamentalism and they will soon reap what they sowed in November.
What's happening in November my dear old goat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
Everything with you is about non-Christians somehow 'needing' bad things to happen to other people, as though we're all some kind of heartless monsters.
That's exactly what he thinks atheists are.

Old 07-21-2017, 08:29 AM

10,089 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:

You and your ilk would be constantly blasting Ken Ham if you didn't want it to fail. It was written off as a failure from day one by the haters.

And unless you have a time machine, you have ZERO I repeat ZERO proof that the account in Genesis is fiction. The fact that every culture around the world tells a similiar flood story is a lot more proof supporting the account than what you bring to the table. Makes perfect sense to me. As man spread through the world, telling the Ark story through oral traditions caused it to get deluded like the telephone game. Yet the Hebrews were careful to present every specific detail and write it down. Just look at how detailed the book of Leviticus is.

There are still plenty of Christians out there and plenty of them believe in a literal Bible. I still see the church parking lots packed out. We're not going anywhere. And neither will God's Word.

Old 07-21-2017, 08:34 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:

I think you and others here really WANT it to fail. I think something like it failing would validate your worldview.

Old 07-21-2017, 08:36 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,593 times
Quote:
You and your ilk would be constantly blasting Ken Ham if you didn't want it to fail. It was written off as a failure from day one by the haters.

Ken Ham is a complete an udder moron. People were blasting him long before this ark.

Quote:
And unless you have a time machine, you have ZERO I repeat ZERO proof that the account in Genesis is fiction. The fact that every culture around the world tells a similiar flood story is a lot more proof supporting the account than what you bring to the table. Makes perfect sense to me. As man spread through the world, telling the Ark story through oral traditions caused it to get deluded like the telephone game. Yet the Hebrews were careful to present every specific detail and write it down. Just look at how detailed the book of Leviticus is.
And without a time machine you have ZERO proof it isn't fiction. Works both ways Jeff.

You say "every culture around the world tells a similiar flood story", huh.... Can you provide some proof of such? Because there were many civilizations around that time that tell no such stories. It seems as if you are making it up, or buying something someone sold you as fact.

Quote:
There are still plenty of Christians out there and plenty of them believe in a literal Bible. I still see the church parking lots packed out. We're not going anywhere. And neither will God's Word.
There are still plenty, you are right about that. You are not right about not going anywhere though. Here in the US, Christian fundamentalism is in its final stages, its death rattle. The fundies are getting more fundamental, but they are getting to be less in numbers. Thank God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality