Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2017, 08:38 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I think you and others here really WANT it to fail. I think something like it failing would validate your worldview.
And you, along with Jeff, would be wrong. There may be a few people who WANT it to fail, but mostly we just want them to pay their fair share. We don't give a crap if it stays there.

Old 07-21-2017, 08:42 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
I think you and others here really WANT it to fail. I think something like it failing would validate your worldview.
Upon reconsideration, yes, I want it to fail.

Because when it does, it will indicate that perhaps the United States will no longer be the butt of the rest of the developed world's jokes.

American used to be admired. Sad what modern-day Neanderthals have turned it into.

Old 07-21-2017, 08:45 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Quote:
You wouldn't use it's success to validate your worldview?

Old 07-21-2017, 08:53 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
You wouldn't use it's success to validate your worldview?
Nope. Christianity is true regardless of what happens with this ark. God is bigger than Answers in Genesis.

Old 07-21-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Upon reconsideration, yes, I want it to fail.

Because when it does, it will indicate that perhaps the United States will no longer be the butt of the rest of the developed world's jokes.

American used to be admired. Sad what modern-day Neanderthals have turned it into.
I commend you for your honesty. That isn't all that common among people on your side.

Old 07-21-2017, 10:28 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
I commend you for your honesty. That isn't all that common among people on your side.
Wow!

...and THAT coming from someone that said of me.... 'Again you persist with the obnoxious, rude, distasteful personal insults.'

Christian hypocrisy raise it's head again. Mind you...with his post rate of 12 posts a day, he does remind me of another 'fundie' and his prolific post rate who disappears and reappears regularly.

Old 07-21-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Wow!

...and THAT coming from someone that said of me.... 'Again you persist with the obnoxious, rude, distasteful personal insults.'

Christian hypocrisy raise it's head again.
How so? You made some rather rude, obnoxious, distasteful and personally insulting statements about me. Trout did not do that. He was honest about his own feelings on the topic.

Old 07-21-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
How so? You made some rather rude, obnoxious, distasteful and personally insulting statements about me. Trout did not do that. He was honest about his own feelings on the topic.
...and your reply to him was ...'I commend you for your honesty. That isn't all that common among people on your side.' ..thus implying that most on Trout's side are not honest. Do you even know what 'Trout's side' is? I'll give you a clue. He isn't atheist.

Old 07-21-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
You made some rather rude, obnoxious, distasteful and personally insulting statements about me.
That would be your opinion of course. If you think they were rude, obnoxious, distasteful and personally insulting then you should report them to the mods. If they think the same they will remove them and no doubt issue me with an infraction. On the other hand, perhaps you are like most other Christians, who think that anyone that questions their superstitious beliefs is being rude, obnoxious, distasteful and personally insulting.

Old 07-21-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
That would be your opinion of course. If you think they were rude, obnoxious, distasteful and personally insulting then you should report them to the mods. If they think the same they will remove them and no doubt issue me with an infraction. On the other hand, perhaps you are like most other Christians, who think that anyone that questions their superstitious beliefs is being rude, obnoxious, distasteful and personally insulting.
Sure. Ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.