Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2017, 06:32 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Ken Ham is trying to 'reclaim the rainbow'!

https://twitter.com/aigkenham/status....7f33a83d.html

LOLOLOLOLOL!
(Some) Christians maintain that we all came from Noah and his kin.

The LGBTQ are here.

Ergo, they came from Noah's kin.

Play it loud and don't harness your feet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mthfurNTcsU

Old 07-21-2017, 06:38 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Oops.

Ark Encounter's Tax Incentive Suspended - LEX18.com | Continuous News and StormTracker Weather

Turns out the authorities had in fact encountered the old "Sell the business for $10 to a ministry in my wife's name to avoid taxes" scheme before. Who could have known?

Old 07-21-2017, 06:51 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Oops.

Ark Encounter's Tax Incentive Suspended - LEX18.com | Continuous News and StormTracker Weather

Turns out the authorities had in fact encountered the old "Sell the business for $10 to a ministry in my wife's name to avoid taxes" scheme before. Who could have known?
Funny how any criticism of Ken Ham's business dealings or taxes is taken as an attack on their religiin. Same with the con men acting like preachers. The dishonest get as much support as the honest as long as they claim to be the correct type of Christians. The Ark also broke some of the State's labour laws and hiring rules. It sounds like Hamm accepts the State's case more than his supporters on this forum do.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:19 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Oops.

Now, now. Those taxes would just get wasted on things like schools and hospitals and playgrounds and roads.

Meanwhile, the Ham family is just barely scraping by on a combined $450,000+ a year.

Quote:
Those family members were Renee Hodge, Ham’s daughter, who earned $34,000 that fiscal year; Danielle Johnson, another daughter, who earned $19,767; Kristel Ham, a third daughter, who earned $13,312; Jeremy Ham, a son, who earned $40,166; David Hodge, Ham’s son-in-law, who earned $59,973; Susan Ham, a daughter-in-law, who earned $21,002; and Stephen Ham, Ken Ham’s brother, who earned $74,856.

Ham himself, who is the organization’s CEO, had $193,361 in total compensation that year.
Is Answers in Genesis' tendency to hire family members problematic?

Hell, that's not even enough to buy a Gulfstream! Poor Ken apparently has to slum it by flying first class on a commercial airline when he returns home to Australia...

Old 07-21-2017, 07:35 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Funny how any criticism of Ken Ham's business dealings or taxes is taken as an attack on their religiin. Same with the con men acting like preachers. The dishonest get as much support as the honest as long as they claim to be the correct type of Christians. The Ark also broke some of the State's labour laws and hiring rules. It sounds like Hamm accepts the State's case more than his supporters on this forum do.
Why would we think otherwise? Comments like "religious nuts" and basically referring to the Ark as a piece of cheap junk. Don't Ken hating atheists have bigger things to worry about? If Ken truly lied and cheated taxpayers then he loses my support. But I think there is more to this story. I will never trust the atheist perspective. Never.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:45 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Why would we think otherwise? Comments like "religious nuts" and basically referring to the Ark as a piece of cheap junk. Don't Ken hating atheists have bigger things to worry about? If Ken truly lied and cheated taxpayers then he loses my support. But I think there is more to this story. I will never trust the atheist perspective. Never.
Thank you for finally declaring your iron-clad prejudice against a certain class of people.

Although it was pretty evident long before now.

You also don't trust the Animist perspective. Or the Catholic one. Or the Jewish, Hindu or Muslim ones.

Or the Episcopalian, Anglican, United or UU ones.

Just jeffie and his version of Jesus and the bible with the red bits.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:54 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
What about the civilizations that were around at the time of the supposed flood that show a continuous, ongoing culture? Just going to ignore them I guess? Jeff, I would respond more to you, but it looks like Rafius has already buried you, so I will leave it at that.

What civilizations? The earliest writings we have come from, nope not South America, nope not China, nope not Australia, but from the cradle of civilization, Mesopotamia. And wow, that just happens to be the exact region that the Genesis account is centered around. What are the odds of that, huh?

At any rate, I am not going to get sucked into another proving Noah debate. That topic has been beat to death and it's a waste of time and energy. As for Rafius, I guess I need to make another PSA that as I stated months ago, I will never respond to his posts ever again. That level of garbage mockery only produces rotten fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post

Well, I will respond to one thing you posted, which is the fact that atheists and skeptics don't speak well of any pastors or Bible believers. See, this is where you get yourself in trouble by painting with a brush that is far too broad. I have nothing but utmost respect for a slew of believers and pastors. I have both in my family, for instance. My husband and I have also met Jimmy Carter (since you mentioned him below), and spent almost an hour eating and talking to him and his wife, and found him to be an outstanding man. Someone with better character would be hard to find. 92 years old and still building houses for people in need.... Makes you wonder why so many able bodied Christians don't do the same, doesn't it?

Sorry but saying it after the fact just to prove me wrong doesn't count. If you had praised Christians before I made my statement, I would have respected it a bit more. In fact your statement was nothing more than a thinly disguised criticism of Christians.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:56 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,172,553 times
It's in Lake Urmia.

Old 07-21-2017, 08:11 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Ken Ham is trying to 'reclaim the rainbow'!

Someone needs to tell him it never belonged to him in the first place.

Old 07-21-2017, 09:10 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Of course you will not trust atheists, you are on record here and on other forums that no atheist or liberal or gay is any good. My comments about what Hamm failed to do were off of that article. I don't live in Kentucky but where I live if a non profit or for profit organization obtains grants, loans or tax breaks from the government then they must follow the stipulations set forth in that agreement, whether it be the Ark, an art gallery or a sports team. The Ark, apparently changed its ownershio, for ten dollars, without notifying or obtaining permission from the State. Someone defending Hamm stated that the State reneged on the deal but if Hamm switched ownership for tax purposes then I think he was trying to have his cake and eat it too.

If the Ark is a commercial success I don't know and cannot judge by the conflicting reports of attendance however if the expenses exceeds revenue it is not but if the do exceed it is a financial success.

As far as never trusting an atheist prespective, no big deal as you have such anger towards liberals, gays and atheists can it be any other way? As I am an actual liberal, not a moderate conservative like your Democrats and an atheist you would never accept a thing I say anyways.😀
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.