Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2017, 11:47 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
What civilizations?
Mesopotamia (Sumerian), Indus Valley, Egypt, Minoan and China. All those civilisations were around before, during and after the alleged flood. In fact, the Egyptian 'Old Kingdom' was right smack bang in the middle of it. It was Egypt's greatest period of monument building and not one single Egyptian seemed to have said...'Where the feck is all this rain coming from.'

There is also an unbroken documented line of Pharaohs right through the alleged flood period. Strange that...considering one should have drowned and broken the line!

The Egyptian period known as the “Old Kingdom” lasted from 2800 to 2175 BCE. During this time many of the pyramids were built. There is no record, written or archaeological, for a monster flood destroying and completely interrupting this countries infrastructure or it’s monuments such as the Sphinx, the Step Pyramid, or the Great Pyramids, which were built before ‘The Flood’

China has a reasonably accurate history starting around 3000 BCE. According to texts from a Chinese book called “Shu King” and verified by archaeological records, China was undergoing a prosperous period around 2400 to 2200 BCE during the early Yaou Dynasty. They have no record of a cataclysmic flood interrupting their whole civilization and destroying the infrastructure of the country.

The Indus valley civilization has a well-known history dating back to perhaps 3100 BCE. By 2500 BCE there were two major cities, Mohendaro (or Mohenjo-Daro) and Harrapa, which rivalled Egypt and Mesopotamia in population and technologies. This great Civilization also encompassed maybe 100 smaller cities, towns, and villages, and didn’t fall until about 1500 BCE. They have no record of a worldwide civilization-destroying flood.

The Minoan civilization was probably as old as Egypt. Based on the Island of Crete, this civilization grew quickly and was highly advanced by 2500 BCE. By the middle of the second millennium it had an alphabet, used bronze tools, had pottery, textiles, advanced architecture, and had established cities around the Islands. It continued to grow and was a centre for trade and culture until about the mid-1400’s BCE when it was suddenly destroyed by the violent eruption of the Thera volcano. There has been no evidence unearthed from this civilization that shows a flood destroying their whole infrastructure, at any time in their existence.
https://thewordofme.wordpress.com/20...t-noahs-flood/

Quote:
As for Rafius, I guess I need to make another PSA that as I stated months ago, I will never respond to his posts ever again.
I don't know how I'm going to sleep at night!! You refusal to answer my post won't stop me exposing your hatred and bigotry.

Old 07-22-2017, 04:00 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Quote:
Why would we think otherwise? Comments like "religious nuts" and basically referring to the Ark as a piece of cheap junk. Don't Ken hating atheists have bigger things to worry about? If Ken truly lied and cheated taxpayers then he loses my support. But I think there is more to this story. I will never trust the atheist perspective. Never.
Aren't Christians professed lying cheating sinners from birth?

And you guys don't get any better with age.

Old 07-22-2017, 05:05 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times
Quote:
Why would we think otherwise? Comments like "religious nuts" and basically referring to the Ark as a piece of cheap junk. Don't Ken hating atheists have bigger things to worry about? If Ken truly lied and cheated taxpayers then he loses my support. But I think there is more to this story. I will never trust the atheist perspective. Never.
In response to your statement, "If Ken truly lied and cheated taxpayers then he loses my support," toss you support out the window. When Ken Hamm accepted the tax incentive, he signed papers agreeing to the requirements of such assistance. That included provisions requiring non-discrimination in hiring (which means no discrimination based on sex, race, religion, national origin, and (in some states) sexual orientation). He required potential employees to sign documents affirming their belief in a literal and inerrant Bible belief, clearly in violation of non-discrimination laws. I would think that such action would cause his acceptance of the tax incentives to be seen as fraud. He could be charged with a crime for signing an agreement that includes non-discrimination when he clearly intended to discriminate against anyone that doesn't believe exactly like he does.

He clearly "lied and cheated taxpayers."

Old 07-22-2017, 05:21 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
We have to bear in mind that for a Certain kind (not all) of Christian, just as there is a Ghost bible, which is the one they follow, not the actual one, there is a ghost America, which is based on Christianity, not the constitution, has a Christian Flag, not the stars and stripes, a science based on Genesis rather than the verified evidence, goes without saying, and the government of which has only their support if it in line with their views. They really do believe that not believing as they do is unpatriotic treachery - to the America to which they owe allegiance - not the one they actually live in.

The Law is only valid if it suits their religious views. if it doesn't, it is ok to break it, and applying the law is just a dirty atheist trick to persecute them.

So it is not surprising that Ken can sign any document with the mental caveat "Unless it conflicts with whatever I...I mean...whatever God wants."

Old 07-22-2017, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrum View Post
[/b]

Just wondering. Do facts change your mind or not?
Welcome to the forum. You will find out that with Jeff, as with most of the other Christians here, facts don't matter to them; truth is not on their agenda.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:25 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Holy shoot! I thought that was a photoshopped picture. Ham posted it himself!!!!

What is the big deal? You guys do know that the rainbow was the symbol of the covenant, right? Why WOULDN'T a Christian venue use a biblical symbol? Peace

Old 07-23-2017, 09:49 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Mesopotamia (Sumerian), Indus Valley, Egypt, Minoan and China. All those civilisations were around before, during and after the alleged flood. In fact, the Egyptian 'Old Kingdom' was right smack bang in the middle of it. It was Egypt's greatest period of monument building and not one single Egyptian seemed to have said...'Where the feck is all this rain coming from.'

There is also an unbroken documented line of Pharaohs right through the alleged flood period. Strange that...considering one should have drowned and broken the line!

The Egyptian period known as the “Old Kingdom” lasted from 2800 to 2175 BCE. During this time many of the pyramids were built. There is no record, written or archaeological, for a monster flood destroying and completely interrupting this countries infrastructure or it’s monuments such as the Sphinx, the Step Pyramid, or the Great Pyramids, which were built before ‘The Flood’

China has a reasonably accurate history starting around 3000 BCE. According to texts from a Chinese book called “Shu King” and verified by archaeological records, China was undergoing a prosperous period around 2400 to 2200 BCE during the early Yaou Dynasty. They have no record of a cataclysmic flood interrupting their whole civilization and destroying the infrastructure of the country.

The Indus valley civilization has a well-known history dating back to perhaps 3100 BCE. By 2500 BCE there were two major cities, Mohendaro (or Mohenjo-Daro) and Harrapa, which rivalled Egypt and Mesopotamia in population and technologies. This great Civilization also encompassed maybe 100 smaller cities, towns, and villages, and didn’t fall until about 1500 BCE. They have no record of a worldwide civilization-destroying flood.

The Minoan civilization was probably as old as Egypt. Based on the Island of Crete, this civilization grew quickly and was highly advanced by 2500 BCE. By the middle of the second millennium it had an alphabet, used bronze tools, had pottery, textiles, advanced architecture, and had established cities around the Islands. It continued to grow and was a centre for trade and culture until about the mid-1400’s BCE when it was suddenly destroyed by the violent eruption of the Thera volcano. There has been no evidence unearthed from this civilization that shows a flood destroying their whole infrastructure, at any time in their existence.
https://thewordofme.wordpress.com/20...t-noahs-flood/

I don't know how I'm going to sleep at night!! You refusal to answer my post won't stop me exposing your hatred and bigotry.
Facts don't go well with fundies like Jeffbase who are grown adults who can't separate myths from reality. It's like telling our past fundie Pastor Vizio to produce videotape footage of talking snakes and talking donkeys. Fundies don't like common sense challenges to their idiotic myth laden so called holy book.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:07 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
Facts don't go well with fundies like Jeffbase who are grown adults who can't separate myths from reality. It's like telling our past fundie Pastor Vizio to produce videotape footage of talking snakes and talking donkeys. Fundies don't like common sense challenges to their idiotic myth laden so called holy book.
Typical condescending atheist rhetoric here.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:43 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Typical condescending atheist rhetoric here.
You've become a caricature of yourself and should be ashamed.

It's truly unfortunate. Because I don't think you're as one-dimensional and self-absorbed as you project.

Despite whatever age you are, I believe you can grow, jeff.

But like a seed, you have soften enough to crack and let the warmth and wet and most of all of course, the light, in.

I won't hold my breath but neither will I lose hope. You're not a bad person.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Hi Jeffbase40. I thought I asked my question in a respectful manner, but you didn't respond to it. What I was wondering, is, if you would change your mind on issues if facts are presented to you, or would facts not matter if they challenge your firmly felt belief?
He is already on record as stating that nothing, NOTHING presented will cause him to question what he believes. You really are wasting your time speaking directly to him. Any criticism of his beliefs will result in him accusing you of mocking, being disrespectful and eventually, when you have him backed into a corner, he will put you on the 'Ignore' list. The best you can do my friend is keep exposing his superstition and wilful ignorance by countering his arguments without expecting answers from him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.