Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 05:48 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,083,322 times

Advertisements

I lived in ky when this foolish park was first brought up. Such ignorance is one of the reasons we moved.
Attached Thumbnails
Ken Ham's Opening Day at the Ark. #FAIL only 4000 show up.-fb_img_1468194420223.jpg  

Old 07-10-2016, 05:52 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I answered both questions in post 146. Obviously you can't read.
And you claimed you answered it on post number what ever in which you just said it was a stupid question. I can read. Obviously you like to put people down.

Old 07-10-2016, 06:11 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,551,576 times
$40/person for adults to get in? (Cheaper for seniors and kids). Plus you have to pay to park. And the Creation Museum is 45 minutes from the Ark. Seems like a little planning could have put them in the same neighborhood?

https://arkencounter.com/tickets/

I believe I'll stay home and just read about it and look at pictures.

Old 07-10-2016, 06:20 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Thanks. Polar bears, eh? So no "Bear -Kind"

"Science or Bias"? I'll take science.

Quote:
Nope, wrong again, it was actually TRANSPONDER who brought up evolution first here:
//www.city-data.com/forum/44697910-post14.html

Way back in post 14. You aren't very good with presenting facts, are you? No, you aren't. Now quit derailing this thread!
That post is all about the feasibility of the Ark copy and the Ark and Flood story. On topic.

Quote:
You stated this:

"Who is the one who brought up Evolution in this thread first? That would be you. I simply responded to the ignorant statements that you made"

That would be a false statement. TRANSPONDER derailed the thread first by posting about evolution in post 14. It is not about YOU mentioning evolution. It is about YOU spreading falsehoods that I was the first one to talk about evolution in this thread. You can't even tell falsehoods very good either! Geesh!
I already showed this post was about the Ark, original and replica. On topic. Kindly stop misrepresenting my post to contest Matadora's.

Quote:
Should it?
If it is a replica that should be convincing, it ought to.

Quote:
He actually was. He called me "Edgar". I asked him what it was I have a problem with.
You are Edgar?

Quote:
A couple gentiles were illustrated in the gospels because they had more faith than the Israelites.
You can't possibly be so obtuse.

Quote:
You stated ". . . in the end the mission . . . ." In the end of what?

Jesus told them that the disciples would not finish evangelizing Israel before He returned. It is only after Christ returns, which He will, that He sets up His millennial kingdom in Israel and THEN the disciples will make disciples of all nations. They will Judaize the nations. Paul never did that.

You have a lot of atheist ideas inhering in your misunderstandings.
You have a lot of Eusebian missing of the points that show you to be wrong. This has nothing to do with the indication in the Gospels that Jesus' mission might have been limited to Israel and the work of the Disciples too, but the plan was for all his words to be spread to everyone and that means that the instructions are for everyone, not just for Israel or Jews.

Incidentally...for everyone, if Eusebius isn't interested, I wondered about this gospel write about Jesus being sent just to the Jews, when the writers (if Christian) surely expected his words to apply to the Gentiles, too. I think this was to be an explanation of why, if Christianity was to be a Gentile religion, Jesus didn't go to them right away. The answer was that Jesus limited his work to the Jews and the mission to the Gentiles was the work intended for Paul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
I'm not even going to bother.
Don't blame you. If you had he'd demand to know if you had a signed statement from the Board that they agree this was their views, and then he would demandit to be notarized by an independedent pair of witnesses from another state, with an affadavit to say they were not biased atheists...It's called 'Moving the goalposts'.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 07-10-2016 at 06:40 PM..

Old 07-10-2016, 06:27 PM

23,171 posts, read 10,463,936 times
This has given me a mission, I have a mission now.

Thank you so much!

Old 07-10-2016, 07:44 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times
Quote:
Answered in post 134 by me.
This?

Quote:
Some ignorant Atheist asked someone in this thread if the Bible told Christians to spend money on theme parks or something like that. I rejoined with "Does it say not to?" It is not a matter of "Am I OK with something if the Bible does not specificaly state not to do something." It is a matter of answering a stupid question.
This is not an answer. You simply restate my first question and take the opportunity to refer to me as "some ignorant atheist" and call my question "stupid".

Again, is it your position that unless there is a Bible verse where Jesus specifically commands not to do something, then that thing is OK? Yes or no?

Old 07-10-2016, 07:45 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,338,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
I lived in ky when this foolish park was first brought up. Such ignorance is one of the reasons we moved.
My family and I are planning to move to Florida before year's end. Looking forward to it.

Old 07-11-2016, 02:30 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Have a problem with what?
'Lying' with a man as one would with a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You are Edgar?
Indeed he is old thing. Edgar Allen POE.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:26 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
'Lying' with a man as one would with a woman.

Indeed he is old thing. Edgar Allen POE.
....I knew that. ...How's the Ark doing, Packed to the door are they?

Old 07-11-2016, 06:41 AM

10,089 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
....I knew that. ...How's the Ark doing, Packed to the door are they?
I'm not even buying the original article. According to this, 7,000 was there at the ribbon cutting ceremony alone which would put the all day total much higher than 4,000. For all we know, the photos in the OP could have been taken weeks ago.

This article has a aerial shot showing a packed house

http://www.christianpost.com/news/ke...remony-166076/

Last edited by jeffbase40; 07-11-2016 at 07:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality