Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 07:36 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,113,422 times

Advertisements

You want this to fail, don't you? People like you have been wanting Christianity to "go away" for thousands of years. We are still here, much to your disappointment!

Old 07-11-2016, 07:46 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
You want this to fail, don't you? People like you have been wanting Christianity to "go away" for thousands of years. We are still here, much to your disappointment!
bryan85, some people are just that way. They won't always be though.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:53 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I'm not even buying the original article. According to this, 7,000 was there at the ribbon cutting ceremony alone which would put the all day total much higher than 4,000. For all we know, the photos in the OP could have been taken weeks ago.

This article has a aerial shot showing a packed house

Ken Ham: Ark Encounter Is Christian Message to the World; 7,000 Attend Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
I saw that. But it is easy to get everyone all jammed together at the front and let everyone assume it is jammed all the way back, when in fact there is nobody there. And we cannot assume that all those at the ribbon -cutting ceremony then paid up their 40 dollars to look around. But then, perhaps they did. I left it open as to how successful the effort was. It's no secret that the USA contains many thousands of Bible -literalist YE evolution -deniers. Dedicated support could keep Hamm's ark afloat figuratively if not literally.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
bryan85, some people are just that way. They won't always be though.
No When the world is rational enough, we won't be needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Then dump the philosophy of evolution.
I shall, which means dumping all the nonsense you talk about it.

Quote:
You were the first one to bring up evolution in the thread which proved Matadora to be spreading falsehoods.
I showed that post 14 that you referenced did no such thing.

Quote:
I misrepresented no post. Matadora accused me of being the first one to bring up evolution in this thread but it was YOU! Yes, little ole YOU. I trust Matadora has the guts to say she's sorry for misrepresenting me.
I showed that post 14 you referenced did no such thing. Possibly I brought it up first in a later post, but not that one.

Quote:
No it shouldn't. Should a replica of Lucy be able to walk and talk and poop?
No, because the original was not man made - that Ark supposedly was, So unless its a deceptive sham (which it is) it should work as the original was supposed to.

Quote:
No, you are.
Arq I was, Trans I am, Edgar...I don't think so.

Quote:
That's right. I can't.
Then why act as though you are? See below..

Quote:
You can't be that misinformed. Jesus' mission was limited to Israel prior to His crucifixion. After His resurrection He chose Paul to go to the nations. Jesus said He was sent only to the lost sheep of the House of Israel and He told His disciples not to go into a road of the nations. His words are not for the nations. His words were to the Jews who were under law. His sermon on the mount was only to the Jews and He made the law even harder for them to follow. The nations are under grace, not law.

That is correct. Paul and Barnabas were to be for the nations. Peter, James and John in Galatians 2 and Acts corroborated this plan. And it said in Galatians 2 that Peter, James and John were only for the CIRCUMCISION Jews. We of the nations are called the UNCIRCUMCISION. Dig?
What a load of irrelevant (and preachifying) balls...as usual. Jesus' words are for everyone, whether he took them to everyone himself or that job was left to the disciples, or it fell to Paul. All The Words Were For Everyone. Not Just The Jews.

You are either obtuse (which you deny and I can't believe), or you are just wriggling and evading, which I do believe and which you probably know, and we can all see and we can probably guess why.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 07-11-2016 at 09:08 AM..

Old 07-11-2016, 08:04 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,680,560 times
This thread is about opening day at the Ark Encounter Theme Park. It is NOT a discussion about evolution. If you want to rant about evolution, go find an appropriate thread. If you want to sling personal insults, go find an appropriate web site, because this one isn't it.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:32 AM

Ok...but I was trying to show that I wasn't bringing up evolution and I was talking about the Hamm Ark. I agree the chat about Bible commandments has got off topic though.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:20 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
I'm not even buying the original article. According to this, 7,000 was there at the ribbon cutting ceremony alone which would put the all day total much higher than 4,000. For all we know, the photos in the OP could have been taken weeks ago.

Ken Ham: Ark Encounter Is Christian Message to the World; 7,000 Attend Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
That wasn't taken opening day, it was at the ribbon cutting ceremony which was 2 days before the park opened to the general public.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:25 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
That nonsensical superstitious beliefs are here in 2016 is indeed disappointing.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:50 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:

Look at your source and who they quote...Ham's Creation.

Scientology also is famous for photo-shopping and exaggerating their opening numbers also. Many organizations make themselves bigger than they really are.

But let's accept Ham's exaggeration. Considering this was a grand opening, with invited guests, it is still surprisingly small. Even their own pictures show a nearly empty parking lot.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:53 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
But your relevancy (and that of most religions in the developed world) is getting less and less, and getting the influence is declining at a logarithmic scale. I frankly don't care if you keep your worship of imaginary entities within your places of worship and home, just don't try and have it influence public expenditures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality