Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2017, 12:57 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
nah...he just claims to be a "science guy". And he then postulates on matters of science, but of which he has no education.
And I already explained what science guy means. Either you have a problem with reading comprehension or honesty. Ken Ham is a liar about science and I do have a science degree from a real university.

Old 08-01-2017, 01:01 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,047,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yeah, right.

What makes you think everyone knows who Matt Slick is? I didn't until I read a post on a forum about him. You think all "fundies" have a secret handshake and a weekly newsletter like atheists do? Peace

Old 08-01-2017, 01:04 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
What makes you think everyone knows who Matt Slick is? I didn't until I read a post on a forum about him. You think all "fundies" have a secret handshake and a weekly newsletter like atheists do? Peace

I googled him. He has some youtube videos, seems he's done some debates. I'm watching him now.

Old 08-01-2017, 01:05 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
I think Baptistfundie knows very well who the Oily one is.

Old 08-01-2017, 01:19 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,593 times
Quote:
nah...he just claims to be a "science guy". And he then postulates on matters of science, but of which he has no education.
Science guy does not equal scientist, last I checked. My husband is a "football guy" even though he hasn't played in over 12 years. He could tell you all sorts of things about football. Probably close to as much as a person who is currently in football. Just because you don't play football (or just because you don't have a science degree) doesn't mean you don't know football. Same with science.

Either way, he doesn't claim to BE a scientist. On the other hand, how many preachers have no formal education on religion? Yet they teach it every Sunday and claim to be the authority on such matters.

Old 08-01-2017, 01:28 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
So? Conveying science at the grade-school level doesn't take an actual research scientist - in fact, most would be completely out of their element and pretty much all of them are so specialized that they'd be talking outside of their field 90% of the time, anyway.

Nye has his facts straight and communicates well, and he's never laid claim to high academic rank. His big failing was to debate Ken Ham - as if people like Ham and his followers would eb swayed by rational discussion.

I'm more of a Neil deGrasse Tyson guy myself.

http://www.salon.com/2014/08/23/neil...tians_partner/

Old 08-01-2017, 01:55 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
So? Conveying science at the grade-school level doesn't take an actual research scientist - in fact, most would be completely out of their element and pretty much all of them are so specialized that they'd be talking outside of their field 90% of the time, anyway.

Nye has his facts straight and communicates well, and he's never laid claim to high academic rank. His big failing was to debate Ken Ham - as if people like Ham and his followers would eb swayed by rational discussion.

I'm more of a Neil deGrasse Tyson guy myself.

Neil deGrasse Tyson: Ken Ham’s beliefs are even crazy for Christians - Salon.com
Personally, I can't trust a thing Tyson says. He's been shown to simply make stuff up.

But I will trust what Ham says---he is a smart guy and he actually has a degree in environmental biology. That's better than what Nye has.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:02 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,047,415 times
My only requirement for Bill Nye was that he got my kids to love and appreciate science, which he did. Peace

Old 08-01-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
My only requirement for Bill Nye was that he got my kids to love and appreciate science, which he did. Peace
That was great for your kids. He is a great conveyer of scientific findings in a fun and fascinating manner. And that is a real skill to have.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Personally, I can't trust a thing Tyson says. He's been shown to simply make stuff up.

But I will trust what Ham says---he is a smart guy and he actually has a degree in environmental biology. That's better than what Nye has.
So I have a degree in Physical Geography with a minor in Geology. Ham is dishonest about how he portrays sedimentation resulting from his so called flood. I have taken sedimentology, paleontology, fluvial geomorphology etc which are probably courses that Ham would not take in his program. So you should believe me more than Ham on this. 😊

As far as Tyson making stuff up he is not here to defend himself. You on the other hand claimed that Nye claims to be a scientist but is only an engineer. He has various times declared himself as an engineer who loves science. You have made false yestimony against Nye and twisted meanings of words in an attempt to back up your dishonesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality